Minoxidil Week 5, Does The Dread Shed Ever End? | HairLossTalk Forums

Minoxidil Week 5, Does The Dread Shed Ever End?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by reena, Sep 30, 2017.

1. reena

reena New Member My Regimen

Sep 27, 2017
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm into week 5 using 5% rogaine 1x daily before bed. I started rogaine during a shedding phase (I've been shedding for 13-14 months). The shedding stayed the same up until week 3 then it REALLY ramped up! I figured that was the dread shed. It has slowed down, but I am still not experiencing 'normal' daily shedding, I kind of wonder if I ever will... The insert says it's normal to experience increased shedding for 2 weeks, but medical literature says this could last 2-8 weeks. I'm hanging on, gonna stick it out. Regrowth would be nice, but what's the point in using it if I am still having Telogen Effluvium like shedding forever? I'd appreciate your thoughts and experiences with minoxidil.

PS A little background on my hairloss - I've always had super thick hair. Started shedding heavy last summer, and it never really slowed down. 2 derms and a trichologist said telogen effluvium. The derms did not do any thorough examinations, labs, or biopsies. The Trichologist found miniaturization on a dermascope examination, but was reluctant to say it was full blown Androgenetic Alopecia/FPHL, yet she wanted me on treatment/supplements that would combat miniaturization. I chose to start rogaine after a year of this because things are looking much worse. I see another derm in a month.