Minoxidil users: How do you apply? Do you rub it in?

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth or maintenance? And what brand DOES work for you?
I get the best results with minoxidil that is compounded by certain pharmacies in my country, not the actual brands.

If I had to choose "known brands", It would probably be Rogaine liquid, Folligain, Regenepure and some French brands such as Bailleul, Sandoz, Cooper.

My advice is to try out few brands, and if you have issues with itchiness and residue, stick to quick-drying formulas, which tend to be thinner and non-greasy.

I maintained, but got greedy and started dutasteride and oral min, which turned out to be a disaster.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get the best results with minoxidil that is compounded by certain pharmacies in my country, not the actual brands.

If I had to choose "known brands", It would probably be Rogaine liquid, Folligain, Regenepure and some French brands such as Bailleul, Sandoz, Cooper.

My advice is to try out few brands, and if you have issues with itchiness and residue, stick to quick-drying formulas, which tend to be thinner and non-greasy.

I maintained, but got greedy and started dutasteride and oral min, which turned out to be a disaster.
Disaster in what way?

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Disaster in what way?
Switching to oral min was like stopping minoxidil completely. In a few months I lost almost all my minoxidil hairs.

I had a similar or maybe even worse experience with dutasteride. Hairline took a big hit, and I also started shedding on the sides which has never happened to me before.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Switching to oral min was like stopping minoxidil completely. In a few months I lost almost all my minoxidil hairs.

I had a similar or maybe even worse experience with dutasteride. Hairline took a big hit, and I also started shedding on the sides which has never happened to me before.
Were you on oral minoxidill and dutasteride at the same time ? Or seperate Times? Dutasteride thinned my hair fast after 1.5 years on it. Lost alot of crown hair. Im doing better on finasteride, the thinning stopped after ditching dutasteride, Dutasteride spikes T too much this is why this happened to us. I felt like the hulk on dutasteride.

Last edited:

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you on oral minoxidill and dutasteride at the same time ? Or seperate Times? Dutasteride thinned my hair fast after 1.5 years on it. Lost alot of crown hair. Im doing better on finasteride, the thinning stopped after ditching dutasteride, Dutasteride spikes T too much this is why this happened to us. I felt like the hulk on dutasteride.
I can't say I've noticed any changes that could potentially be caused by the increase in Test, but I'm shedding a lot less now that I'm back on finasteride.

If I had taken them at the same time then I wouldn't know what is causing the improvement/loss.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say I've noticed any changes that could potentially be caused by the increase in Test, but I'm shedding a lot less now that I'm back on finasteride.

If I had taken them at the same time then I wouldn't know what is causing the improvement/loss.
Im shedding more on finasteride and oral minoxidill than on dutasteride and oral minoxidill. But it could be a second oral minoxidill shed because i quit it for 2 weeks or so before and back on it now. Or its a finasteride shedding phase. I lost like 5 hairs in shower on dutasteride and oral minoxidill for months. Yet hair got raped fast. Shedding dont mean sh*t in my experience.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just drink it, its much more convenient. I've been on 25 mg dose, which is considered to be extremaly high, for like nearly 5 months and still look great plus my overall appearance dramatically improved.

Has your shedding stopped / any regrowth? I'm on 10mg a day but hesitant to increase dosage