Minoxidil users: How do you apply? Do you rub it in?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I see some people just drip it on. Some rub it in. I see some guys on Youtube using a massage brush to really rub it in good, both liquid and foam.

What do you think is the optimal way to apply minoxidil, be it foam or liquid?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see some people just drip it on. Some rub it in. I see some guys on Youtube using a massage brush to really rub it in good, both liquid and foam.

Oral minoxidil problem solved.

meoinstein

My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer liquid type over foam cuz it's easy to apply directly to my scalp. So I recommend you to use liquid type with pipette drooper

resu

Reaction score
It's not recommended to rub with your finger, just use the dropper and carefully apply it to avoid dripping over your scalp.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the minority here, but I use topical on my legs to grow more hair. I have found that applying it and then really working it into the skin using CLEAN fingernails stimulates circulation and gets the Minoxidil in my system. I basically give my legs a Turkish massage with this stuff. It has worked really well this way. The hair on my legs is way thicker and longer than before I started. I know that head hair is much more susceptible to being torn out so this may not be advisable to do on thinning head hair. The scalp skin is very thin, not like on your legs.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the minority here, but I use topical on my legs to grow more hair. I have found that applying it and then really working it into the skin using CLEAN fingernails stimulates circulation and gets the Minoxidil in my system. I basically give my legs a Turkish massage with this stuff. It has worked really well this way. The hair on my legs is way thicker and longer than before I started. I know that head hair is much more susceptible to being torn out so this may not be advisable to do on thinning head hair. The scalp skin is very thin, not like on your legs.
Interesting. As I mentioned above, there are some guys on YouTube that uses those scalp massage brushes that people typically use in the shower while shampooing to really rub in their minoxidil once it's applied.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can actually feel the vasodilating effect of the Minoxidil throughout my body when I do this. I can feel it throughout my body within a minute or two of doing this. It's probably the same effect of just taking it orally. Granted, my body is getting a very high dose this way. Not sure how many mL of 5% topical it is, but it's probably about 15 sprays to cover both legs.

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Impossible to massage it all in because half of it would end up on my fingers, so I just use spray and tilt my head like an idiot. A total of 25 sprays or about 2.5ml once a day (I'm a diffuse thinner).
Fast drying formulas are not really good If you do this method but greasy ones that take ages to dry are perfect.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Impossible to massage it all in because half of it would end up on my fingers, so I just use spray and tilt my head like an idiot. A total of 25 sprays or about 2.5ml once a day (I'm a diffuse thinner).
Fast drying formulas are not really good If you do this method but greasy ones that take ages to dry are perfect.
You don't rub it in at all?

JagKännerMigSkärd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just drink it, its much more convenient. I've been on 25 mg dose, which is considered to be extremaly high, for like nearly 5 months and still look great plus my overall appearance dramatically improved.

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
And has this worked for you?
I've been using it that way since 2017, so yeah, it works.
But I must avoid some brands because they leave too much residue. Kirkland and Lipogaine are by far the worst for me.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using it that way since 2017, so yeah, it works.
But I must avoid some brands because they leave too much residue. Kirkland and Lipogaine are by far the worst for me.
Regrowth or maintenance? And what brand DOES work for you?