Minoxidil Temples Only Results After 2 Months

Imonly18help

Reaction score
I started using minoxidil just on my temples and frontal hairline exactly 2 months ago and took pics before i started(pics are before and after just of right temple), just want to know if its working at all, noticed some little hairs growin wondering if those vellus hairs with continued minoxidil use will turn into terminal hair????, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• E302C029-56A8-4DD7-B719-2EA4542BCEAE.png
    E302C029-56A8-4DD7-B719-2EA4542BCEAE.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 806
  • D39BF816-68DC-488F-B41A-77819E835E47.jpeg
    D39BF816-68DC-488F-B41A-77819E835E47.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 806
Last edited:

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like you are a good responder to topical minoxidil but remember that minoxidil in monotherapy will work maximally 2 years. Plus arent you concern that your hair line will be too low? Its look very nice but if effects will continue your frontal hairline will be surprisingly low although it can work with your face.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
impressive results my brother got similar results on his temples using high doses of topical minx but unfortunnately the vellus hair never turned terminals.

Did you notice an increase in forehead wrinkles since ur using it on your temples?
under eyes wrinkles aswell or upper eylelid pufiness?

Thanks

Imonly18help

Reaction score
impressive results my brother got similar results on his temples using high doses of topical minx but unfortunnately the vellus hair never turned terminals.

Did you notice an increase in forehead wrinkles since ur using it on your temples?
under eyes wrinkles aswell or upper eylelid pufiness?

Thanks
Thank you bro, yes tbh with you i noticed some wrinkles not sure if they were always there or due to minoxidil but I haven’t noticed them before, no under eye wrinkles or puffiness just some slight wrinkles on the temples, but hey it is what it is, i heard using a dermapen in combination with minoxidil is good plus it gets rid of minor wrinkles so going to give that a go soon, definitely interesting to look into

Imonly18help

Reaction score
Seems like you are a good responder to topical minoxidil but remember that minoxidil in monotherapy will work maximally 2 years. Plus arent you concern that your hair line will be too low? Its look very nice but if effects will continue your frontal hairline will be surprisingly low although it can work with your face.
Thank you i really hope over time it gets better and better, yes ive heard that but tbh with you im just trying to buy as much time as possible im 23 so the more time the better lol, and yes ive noticed the hairs growing in really low but tbh with you i wont mind that, im a barber so id just simply clean up the corner myself haha

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

From where do you conclude that it works only for 2 years? I know a few people, also on this forum who have been using Minoxidil to maintain and grow for more than 8 - 10 years.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From where do you conclude that it works only for 2 years? I know a few people, also on this forum who have been using Minoxidil to maintain and grow for more than 8 - 10 years.
From studies, almost every study show that minoxidil works for 2 years, of course I'm talking about minoxidil monotherapy and with other treatments(like finasteride) you can definitely increase that time up to 10 years(for some people even longer, for some shorter)

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From studies, almost every study show that minoxidil works for 2 years, of course I'm talking about minoxidil monotherapy and with other treatments(like finasteride) you can definitely increase that time up to 10 years(for some people even longer, for some shorter)

Can you site the study? I’ve read most studies on minoxidil and there aren’t many that ran longer than 2 years. From what I remember, at 2 years most men were still above baseline.