Minoxidil side effects (wrinkles, dark circles) and alternative

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have black circles under my eyes.. What to do??

Stop using Minoxidil. It inhibits collagen synthesis = ageing face, bags, wrinkles etc.

J.Dee

Reaction score
The puffy eyes and accompanying under eye bags is a side effect of using Minoxidil on at least some people at least with the 5% strength and I trust it would be worse for the higher concentrations . So are headaches and weight gain. This side effect is so bad that in some cases people have simply stopped using it. I know as I am one of them.

T

tellersquill

I think there might be a slight increase in wrinkles. Not that I mind. I've always looked too young for my age.

J.Dee

Reaction score
It's probably true that some people don't respond to Minoxidil. For five percent Min, only forty five percent
of males respond.

But for dark circles, it's probably just an allergy to something in the liquid.

The side effects people are reporting here are equivalent of the oral dosage, 2.5 mg. That's fifty times
one liquid dosage.

It's not an allergic reaction to "something" in the liquid - it's a reaction to the medication itself. Kindly GOGLE " SIDE EFFECTS MINOXIDIL"

J.Dee

Reaction score
The only thing getting "old" is Fred's BS. Seems those hair grafts he had were sub cranial. He has made an art form out of blowing gas from the wrong hole - and proves it with each successive post.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of those threads where you can keep arguing forever without result. I do believe there will always be a small group of people that will get some unique-ish sides, either due the minoxidil itself or due the vehicle. I also think a lot of people havent "really" looked at themselves in the mirror and just started to discover wrinkles/dark circles that have always been there. I have been looking at people a bit (lots of free time) and almost everyone has some shade of blue under their eyes, especially in the corners. Truthfully i havent seen one pic, under same light conditions, angle, that has showed clear changes. I myself don't notice the sides yet. Though i do got hairy earlobes as stated above :crazy:.

If you are worried, just document for yourself with weekly pictures and keep track. If it gets out of hand, make a decision about continuing.

J.Dee

Reaction score
One of those threads where you can keep arguing forever without result. I do believe there will always be a small group of people that will get some unique-ish sides, either due the minoxidil itself or due the vehicle. I also think a lot of people havent "really" looked at themselves in the mirror and just started to discover wrinkles/dark circles that have always been there. I have been looking at people a bit (lots of free time) and almost everyone has some shade of blue under there eyes, especially in the corners. Truthfully i havent seen one pic, under same light conditions, angle, that has showed clear changes. I myself don't notice the sides yet. Though i do got hairy earlobes as stated above :crazy:.

If you are worried, just document for yourself with weekly pictures and keep track. If it gets out of hand, make a decision about continuing.

Yea... must be the bad lighting..... SMH!

legacy87

Reaction score
i had ones this sides when using a 1mm dermaroller..
maybe your skin takes to much minoxidil up to get this sides

J.Dee

Reaction score
You might be allergic to the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

First off, that's oral Minoxidil. Liquid five percent is very safe. Some people are allergic to glycerol, but they
can use foam. That's what it's for.

Please stop scaring people about Minoxidil. It's true some men don't respond, but wrinkles? Don't think so.

I use thirty percent. And I supplement with five percent. Don't have any wrinkles on my face.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on. That's oral Minoxidil. And you might be allergic to glycerol. In the US,
Minoxidil can be brought everywhere. There's foam, and you don't need a script
for it.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/rogaine-side-effects.html

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A 5% custom solution prepared by my local pharmacy.

I've been using it since November 2009 and I've had no side effect since.

Would you recommend it for someone who's lost hair over the last 10 years, And now thin front and back? Has it grown any hair for you or just maintained since your hair transplant?

For people with sides from dark circles and wrinkles, are you using it front of head/hairline, or even when only on crown you're getting those sides?