Minoxidil Shed Test. 2 Weeks Of Shedding. Lets See If It Grows Back.

Favorable

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'M making this post so that everone that had shed from minoxidil will finally get there answer if you will grow back the shed caused by minoxidil.

I will keep this updated. Theye say it will atleast take 3 to 6 monts.

It allready has ben 1.5m and no regrowth.

Not hear to ask if it will grow back or not.
Because one says it will and the other says it wont.

My theorie is, it wont. Why?
Well it's simple. If you have male pattern baldness hair that is shed will grow back thinner, untill it doesnt grow anymore.
DHT doesn't say "hey, it's just a minoxidil shed, lets not miniaturize it this time"
No, the body takes it a normal shed, so IF it grows back, it will be alot thinner.

So i will keep this updated so finally all poeple can see for thereself if minoxidil can make things wurse or not, if you have male pattern baldness.

And i have to say. I only used it baucause i had a tiny thinning spot on the back top of the head. But i used it everywhere. I thought it couldnt do harm. Clearly I was wrong. Or maybe not and grows back, lets see.

Also I had no noticible hairloss before starting minoxidil. I stay visually the same from age 18 to now age 29.

Follow this if you want hard proof if doctors en rogaine lie about the shed being okay and if you stop minoxidil you go back to baseline.

Everyonwhere on the web you see ppl ask if theye will recover from the shed if theye stop minoxidil. After 4.5 month you will know if i have revovered or not!

Exciting :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170127_105020.jpg
    IMG_20170127_105020.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 5,614

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil will keep hair in the anagen phase longer, and I believe it also shortens the telogen phase. So even though it doesn't block DHT, it will eventually keep more hair in growth longer, which in theory should give you more hair on the scalp over time.

It's true. But it's generally over twenty percent of the scalp grows back. Once you get beyond that, if you aren't on anti DHT, DHT
will eventually destroy (shrinken) the follicle hair. It will then become vellus (non growing hair).

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
mine shed two weeks in...it shed for two weeks pretty heavy...then subsided and i saw new growth by week 5 in magnifying mirror..i have thick hairs and thin hairs coming in...its improved my hair greatly and i am 3 months in...i do use topical ant-androgens..no oral medications.
I do still shed but mostly from back and according to the 3 Dr's who examined me over past year i have no signs of hair loss on back of head. So i don't know if that is just my normal shedding or the minoxidil still turning over...
but for me minoxidil gets a bit A+

Favorable

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a test when you had the shed and then stop. So not on minoxidil anymore.
The company and doctors say that you should return to baseline when you stop.
I can't take minoxidil anymore because of the shed.
And I think theye lie. That's why I'm gonna update this.
I repeat, not taking minoxidil anymore. This is a test if it comes back to baseline.

What does this test prove:

If it comes back, nothing.
If it doesn't grow back, it proves that minoxidil takers when theye stop minoxidil it will have done damage.
So all minoxidil takers, even if you have succes, I would keep an eye on this post because even if you have succes, it can have done damage to you baseline.

Also I like to remind you of the miniaturizing process. If you are a minoxidil user and have success, and you get awesome regrowth but then stop. You will have gone to the huge shed miniaturizing process frol minoxidil so you most likely have done damage and won't go back to baseline.

Minoxidil shed or normal shed, miniaturizng process is still the same.
I think most ppl don't realise that and theye see no harm in minoxidil.

Well poeple, try to stop it to test it out. You will see, you will be wurse off then you started. Every man with male pattern baldness that starts munoxidil will have done damage with it. In what extend, that's ofc the question and that what this post is all about.

I went true the hige shed and had to stop minoxidil. I had nor hairloss before that. My male pattern baldness move at snailpace.
I had a full head of hair and now I need to shave my head.
3-6 months theye say it takes to recover and turn back to the way it used to like befoee minoxidil.

Let's see. Please keep this thread free when you are still using minoxidil.
This is for ppl that have stopped and want to see howmuch damage it has done.

Last edited:

Favorable

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be carefill hairblues!
Well it's to late for you. You are on minoxidil and have multiple sheds from the prodict.
Everytime you shed hair it will grow back thinner, untill it doesnt grow back.
Because you keep using minoxidil it grows back the same. But if you are tired of using the product constantly day in and out, and you stop. Als those sheds minoxidil gave you, well that hair wil be gone.
It was hair you had before the sart of minoxdil. Bur because you shedded them so much (wich is unnatural), the body will count those sheds, and theye wont grow back on its own. Theye will be minoxidil depended.

So i advice you, never stop it now. Even if you get tired of it.

Minoxidil screw up your hair in the long run.

Lets say, a hair sheds everytime around 2 to 6 years (after the growing phase).
Wel think logical. Minoxidil keeps you shedding those hairs on and off.
Yaiks, I don't want to count those years for you but it sure dousnt look/soinds good if you stop my friend. Many years balder you will be.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I had no noticible hairloss before starting minoxidil. I stay visually the same from age 18 to now age 29.

@Favorable why would you use minoxidil in the first place?

Anyhow, 1.5 months is nothing, it will probably take at least 3 months before the hair you shed regrows.

I had success using it, starting and stopping its use, from the ages of 19 to 28. Since then I stopped using over 10 years ago, Im 39 and still have a good amount of hair. While I understand this experiment has been a disaster for you so far, I dont think your 1.5 mth experience is enough time for you to have a conclusive answer about minoxidil when so many have experienced great benefits usually from month 4 onwards. They say it takes 4-6 months to notice benefits, you're weren't even halfway there.

That said if you shed continuously for 3 months I would understand your concern. While I understand your hair has taken a hit, it still doesn't look like you're balding.

Otherwise, it will take about 3-4 months from when you stopped and depending on how fast your hair grows to return to baseline. Ive gone through massive sheds over the years trying different solutions . I've always returned to baseline. Don't worry.

Try to be reassured with this, it's just a matter of time.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
mine shed two weeks in...it shed for two weeks pretty heavy...then subsided and i saw new growth by week 5 in magnifying mirror..i have thick hairs and thin hairs coming in...its improved my hair greatly and i am 3 months in...i do use topical ant-androgens..no oral medications.
I do still shed but mostly from back and according to the 3 Dr's who examined me over past year i have no signs of hair loss on back of head. So i don't know if that is just my normal shedding or the minoxidil still turning over...
but for me minoxidil gets a bit A+

Yeah, when I was twenty it all grew back. And I was visibly balding. I didn't believe my doctor when she said it would,
but it grew back in a matter of months.

Of course, it was temporary.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trust me my man around the 3 month mark you will start getting amazing results, but they will be bitter sweet as after a year or so you hair will begin its decline again :(

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Trust me my man around the 3 month mark you will start getting amazing results, but they will be bitter sweet as after a year or so you hair will begin its decline again :(

When minoxidil starts becoming less effective, do you basically begin losing again, but just at a different point (i.e balding begins again, except this time from the gains)? So are you still somewhat ahead? I'm thinking about starting minoxidil on my hairline, because all I feel I need is a good year or two and something else, whether super effective or not, should be out. If not, f*** all.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When minoxidil starts becoming less effective, do you basically begin losing again, but just at a different point (i.e balding begins again, except this time from the gains)? So are you still somewhat ahead? I'm thinking about starting minoxidil on my hairline, because all I feel I need is a good year or two and something else, whether super effective or not, should be out. If not, f*** all.

In my case I got substantial regrowth to the point where I had NW0 full thick hairline, but after the year mark my hair begun to thin out again and the hairline took a hit. But yes in a sense my hair is still better than it was before treatment, so I would suggest to hop on the minoxidil if you want substantially better hair for a year and then relatively better hair thereafter (thinning at a slow pace). But it is a big commitment as now I'm afraid to stop using it due to my hair becoming reliant on it.

All in all I've been on minoxidil for almost 2 years and propecia for 3 and my hair is still better than baseline.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case I got substantial regrowth to the point where I had NW0 full thick hairline, but after the year mark my hair begun to thin out again and the hairline took a hit. But yes in a sense my hair is still better than it was before treatment, so I would suggest to hop on the minoxidil if you want substantially better hair for a year and then relatively better hair thereafter (thinning at a slow pace). But it is a big commitment as now I'm afraid to stop using it due to my hair becoming reliant on it.

All in all I've been on minoxidil for almost 2 years and propecia for 3 and my hair is still better than baseline.

You look at some people on this site, who need both the minoxidil and finasteride to keep up their results. I was on both, off and on with minoxidil. I think I nipped it in the bud early, so had great results. It may take 5+ years to stabilize, but I do think if you keep using both, in the long run it'll pay off.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score

That's just the primary variable that can possibly misconstrue your experience: propecia before minoxidil. I already suffered the propecia sides, at an incredibly low dose, also, so I think I'm leaving that for a space. @worm, that's what's so interesting: some people need both, some people it's not enough, and I'd imagine, as I've read once or twice on various forums, some people have great luck with minoxidil alone for extended periods of time. Guess you don't know until you know.

That's great to hear you guys are having generally good experiences, though.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just the primary variable that can possibly misconstrue your experience: propecia before minoxidil. I already suffered the propecia sides, at an incredibly low dose, also, so I think I'm leaving that for a space. @worm, that's what's so interesting: some people need both, some people it's not enough, and I'd imagine, as I've read once or twice on various forums, some people have great luck with minoxidil alone for extended periods of time. Guess you don't know until you know.

That's great to hear you guys are having generally good experiences, though.

FYI - I stopped minoxidil and finasteride back in 2005 after 7.5 years. you may want to add zix to your regime, it's a mix of zinc and b6 that you mix yourself. See my thread in the alternative treatment section. I think it could enhance your results. Cheers!

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look at some people on this site, who need both the minoxidil and finasteride to keep up their results. I was on both, off and on with minoxidil. I think I nipped it in the bud early, so had great results. It may take 5+ years to stabilize, but I do think if you keep using both, in the long run it'll pay off.

I'm not too bothered anymore about regrow th or stablisation. To be honest the best thing these treatments gave me was the acceptance I was losing my hair, I managed to go through all of uni with a full head of hair which was all I ever wanted when I started balding. After finishing uni I buzz cut my hair and felt liberated and even got compliments from people.

It made me realise hair was not as important as my teen self saw it to be, although still I'm persisting with treatmen it's only for the hope they can be replaced one day with a wonder cure. But I've accepted if that's not the case I will just slowly lose my hair.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not too bothered anymore about regrow th or stablisation. To be honest the best thing these treatments gave me was the acceptance I was losing my hair, I managed to go through all of uni with a full head of hair which was all I ever wanted when I started balding. After finishing uni I buzz cut my hair and felt liberated and even got compliments from people.

It made me realise hair was not as important as my teen self saw it to be, although still I'm persisting with treatmen it's only for the hope they can be replaced one day with a wonder cure. But I've accepted if that's not the case I will just slowly lose my hair.

I have uni coming up in September, and that's exactly all I want.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have uni coming up in September, and that's exactly all I want.

Just jump on Minoxidil and Propecia, Don't get discouraged by the initial sheds just ride them out and if you keep it up you should be fine throughout Uni. Take lots of baseline pics and then periodic pics as it will keep you encouraged that the treatments are making a difference.

Goodluck

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil for 7 months now, and I had amazing results in the 5th-6th month. But now I´m having a massive shed and I lost a lot of ground recently, just like I had in the beginning.

My regimen consisted also a dietary change, dermarolling and I also took supplements but no finasteride. Is this a temporary shed or should I really worry?!

Advice needed please!

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil for 7 months now, and I had amazing results in the 5th-6th month. But now I´m having a massive shed and I lost a lot of ground recently, just like I had in the beginning.

My regimen consisted also a dietary change, dermarolling and I also took supplements but no finasteride. Is this a temporary shed or should I really worry?!

Advice needed please!

Did you have another shed before this one within the first months?

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have another shed before this one within the first months?

Yes, I had the initial shed just like it was mentioned in the minoxidil instruction. It lasted for about a month and a half and then it stopped, after that I had a very nice regrowth. Now I´m having a second one and I'm not sure for how long.