Minoxidil Is Very Sticky While Applying Daily

VentAcruZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using for a while Minoxidil 5% foam and after every use my hair is sticky and I really don’t love this feeling.
I was wondering maybe using Rogaine 5% foam instead of minoxidil.
Has anybody had an experience with both of the products?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, man. its a pain in the ***. i dont know how others apply minoxidil to the scalp skin, cuz when u have middle length hair, then all this minoxidil gets absorbed by your hair and little gets to scalp, thus leaving your hair instantly greasy and sticky

el_duterino

Reaction score
try oral

VentAcruZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, man. its a pain in the ***. i dont know how others apply minoxidil to the scalp skin, cuz when u have middle length hair, then all this minoxidil gets absorbed by your hair and little gets to scalp, thus leaving your hair instantly greasy and sticky

So you used both and saying that Rogaine doesn’t have these side effects?

Use the foam. If minoxidil only existed in liquid form I'd never use it.

I am using the Foam :)

Energz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use foam in the morning - it dries up in 15 min, yet leaves your hair stuck (not oily, however). Use liquid in the evening and I really recommend using dropper as this way you can apply liquid to your scalp directly, not your hair. I advise to use liquid not foam in the evening as it absorbs better and is easier to apply to skin, not hair. Also consider using dermaroller for even more increased absorption

MasterYolo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve found that warming up the container a bit with warm water helps it get to the scalp and you can massage it in