Minoxidil Has So Many Fucked Up Sides That Its Not Even That Much Better Than Finasteride Tbh

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Potential permanent damage to your skin and its consequent aging, possibility of developing nasolobial folds and things of this nature are nearly as shitty as going bald

This sick disease snatches your soul and takes no prisoners

Im so f*****g tired to even read information and consider daily applications in hope that it works out and sides wont occure

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Potential permanent damage to your skin and its consequent aging, possibility of developing nasolobial folds and things of this nature are nearly as shitty as going bald

This sick disease snatches your soul and takes no prisoners

Im so f*****g tired to even read information and consider daily applications in hope that it works out and sides wont occure
When I tried minoxidil I wasn't aware of all the cosmetic sides it can have. I was only aware of the heart rhythm issues. But the burden of having to apply it 2x a day, the sliminess of the whole thing, the feeling of being a prisoner the this unnatural gesture put me completely off.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I tried minoxidil I wasn't aware of all the cosmetic sides it can have. I was only aware of the heart rhythm issues. But the burden of having to apply it 2x a day, the sliminess of the whole thing, the feeling of being a prisoner the this unnatural gesture put me completely off.
whats ur hair state rn and what regimen r u on?

personally i tried finasteride, but it killed my sex drive, then life energy followed, dick shrunk, erections got weaker and i got slight lipomastia. no luck on that end.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried liquid and oral minoxidil in the past, and both caused my face to become puffy and bloated looking, especially my eyes. I don't use minoxidil any more, and I no longer have the facial puffiness. Other people on this forum have also reported this side-effect.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the point of this thread? Try to find a solution?

Minoxidil is a shitty drug for hairloss anyways. Yeah, some have amazing response but they are a minority.

PGE2 is an alternative. But if somebody can't take minoxidil, I doubt they will go that route.

You sound like you haven't tried minoxidil yet and are just here to complaint about hair loss. We get it dude, it sux. I'm using oral and topical and have no sides except a lot of body hair growth but that's about it.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
whats ur hair state rn and what regimen r u on?

personally i tried finasteride, but it killed my sex drive, then life energy followed, dick shrunk, erections got weaker and i got slight lipomastia. no luck on that end.

Hair state is bad now. The past few years it seems like the loss accelerated at an ever increased rate so I have lost a LOT of thickness and density (curiously, much more on one side of the head top than the other one).

I am not on any regimen (other than Nizoral which I use for the scalp and have no illusions it'll do anything to hair just on its own). At the moment I believe that one of the best and most effective approach is the big 3. I've told you my experience with minoxidil. As far as Finasteride goes, though I believe it to be efficient and probably themost convenient form of treatment, I am just not convince that the risks are that low and therefore worthy. Unlike many users on this forum, even though I value hair and I m aware of its amazing influence in ones appearance and confidence, I value my sexual health a lit more (abd the overall health, of course). A strong and dependable dick is priceless. A lack of sexual drive scares the sh*t out of me. Depending on more pills to have a firm erection is too much.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the point of this thread? Try to find a solution?

Minoxidil is a shitty drug for hairloss anyways. Yeah, some have amazing response but they are a minority.

PGE2 is an alternative. But if somebody can't take minoxidil, I doubt they will go that route.

You sound like you haven't tried minoxidil yet and are just here to complaint about hair loss. We get it dude, it sux. I'm using oral and topical and have no sides except a lot of body hair growth but that's about it.
what if i try minoxidil and gives me sagged aged wrinkled skin and i cant discontinue cuz i already triggerred process of initial shed? its check mate

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what if i try minoxidil and gives me sagged aged wrinkled skin and i cant discontinue cuz i already triggerred process of initial shed? its check mate
The "intial shed" may or may not happen and usually you should regain the last hair (and more) in the following months. But once you stop the hair gos away. I don't know that you'd lose more than if you would without minoxidil

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lol no

if you're afraid of minoxidil giving you sides, just shave it off and go on with your life. You have no chance of keeping your hair long term anyway.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The sliminess is what would make me really bothered. I have oily hair so it doesn't take long after shampooing for it to look all clumpy and greasy, which makes the thin areas just more apparent.

Is there any way to get away with applying it only at night and leave it on overnight to avoid using it in the morning and having it make your hair look all greasy the rest of the day? I've heard mixed stories on once a day application. Some say it's just as good, others disagree.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The sliminess is what would make me really bothered. I have oily hair so it doesn't take long after shampooing for it to look all clumpy and greasy, which makes the thin areas just more apparent.

Is there any way to get away with applying it only at night and leave it on overnight to avoid using it in the morning and having it make your hair look all greasy the rest of the day? I've heard mixed stories on once a day application. Some say it's just as good, others disagree.
I thought about the one tile application also. I think it's as with Fina where some ppl say they get good results on half dose.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol no

if you're afraid of minoxidil giving you sides, just shave it off and go on with your life. You have no chance of keeping your hair long term anyway.
Dumb as a brick argument. Yeah, obv im gona go bald at some point, why would i shave now and struggle. But overall i get your idea. However you dont get mine, i already tried finasteride and burned, something tells me minoxidil experience will be similar

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit minoxidil after ~5 weeks, that stuff is insanely greasy, it would slowly drip down my face (throughout the day) and gave me awful acne -- on top of that after about a month of usage (2x a day) one day I woke up with two HUGE dark patches directly underneath my eyes.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dumb as a brick argument. Yeah, obv im gona go bald at some point, why would i shave now and struggle. But overall i get your idea. However you dont get mine, i already tried finasteride and burned, something tells me minoxidil experience will be similar
Hey GeneticallyCursed. Have u reached norwood cemetery yet?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit minoxidil after ~5 weeks, that stuff is insanely greasy, it would slowly drip down my face (throughout the day) and gave me awful acne -- on top of that after about a month of usage (2x a day) one day I woke up with two HUGE dark patches directly underneath my eyes.
i mean acne is on the same level of life ruining looks issue as balding, if u get acne from hair loss prevention medicine, then it never begun

unfortunately atm it looks like minoxidil is my only option, cuz i got sides on finasteride

r u on finasteride now?

minoxidil is sh*t

glad more people are waking up to it
whats ur story with it?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i mean acne is on the same level of life ruining looks issue as balding, if u get acne from hair loss prevention medicine, then it never begun

unfortunately atm it looks like minoxidil is my only option, cuz i got sides on finasteride

r u on finasteride now?

whats ur story with it?
You are right with acne. Actually it is almost worse than hairloss if it happens in your late 30s I would imagine.