Minoxidil, Dermaroller So Far So Good 5 Weeks (pictures)

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never break the skin so it bleeds I mean the odd time I might accidentally but rarely.

when I'm rolling I do it enough so it hurts I do this mayb once every 2-3 days then apply the minoxidil

at the moment I'm just applying it once per day and after 5 weeks I'm pretty satisfied so far, I was expecting to be much thinner than when I started because of the shed but i never experienced a shed as yet and my hair is thicker, I'm still expecting a shed to come when the hairs go in sync but if it doesn't and continues to thicken then all the better,

Does it sting when u apply minoxidil right after rolling?

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
No side with minoxidil ? dark circle or hypertrichosis ?
How much foam do you use ?
No sides alls good honestly I read all the same stories you guys have probably all read " oh my hair shed and never came back" "it gave me puffy eyes" "it ruined my features and skin" but I think this is a small percentage and those stories are what kept me from going onto it for so long till I thought what's the worst that can happen ? I'm not guna die ! maybe, your more likely to get someone coming on because they've had a bad experience than someone who puts the sh*t in their hair gets decent results and gets on with their lives

I use just less than a cap full around 3/4 give or take

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it sting when u apply minoxidil right after rolling?

It doesn't sting at all I thought it would but no, even if I put it on after accidentally breaking the skin
I rub it in good with my finger tips also

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You started the rogaine and derma rolling at the same time so yo don't really dont no if the derma rolling is helping.It could be that you are a good responder to rogaine.

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
You started the rogaine and derma rolling at the same time so yo don't really dont no if the derma rolling is helping.It could be that you are a good responder to rogaine.
Agreed Otis I don't know if I'm even a good responder yet to be honest as it is a bit early, but early signs of growth have been good my hair feels healthier, this may be the maximum regrowth i get who knows, as I say I've got nothing to loose ( apart from more hair ! ) so I'll try and keep this updated as I'm sure there's guys in the same boat as me who are and where indecisive about going on monoxidil

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'll upload a picture of my current situation in better daylight, again this is a little over 5 weeks on minoxidil first picture again is baseline.

IMG_8349.JPG IMG_8586.JPG

Last edited:

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update around 6 weeks of use, nothing spectacular hair seems to be gettin darker and crown filling in, slight bags under my eyes not sure if it's minoxidil or the hours I've been working have been crazy and to many late nights, but still sticking to the above once a day application nizoarl and derma roll

Baseline, 5 weeks and 6 weeks

IMG_8349.JPG IMG_8542.JPG IMG_8671.JPG

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry temples aswell some hairs coming through again I stress it's only been just 6 weeks and once a day application so I'm not expecting massive results

IMG_8676.PNG IMG_8677.PNG

Reactions: Oro

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_8349.JPG IMG_8859.JPG

Ok so quick update pics above baseline and week 7,

hair shorter in week 7 I cut it myself anyway lucky I take pics to keep progress and I advise anyone to do the same because u don't actually realise how bad your hair is before you start minoxidil and take it for granted that in its current state it's the way it's always been until u compare the difference and see your progress.

Haven't dermarolled this week can't seem to find it, haven't missed a dosage again of minoxidil still 1 cap full at night missed a couple of days taking biotin no big deal, things have stalled slightly between week 5and now maybe, I it's much much better than baseline but I want to get to 7-8 months in reality to see full progress.

I'll update over xmas if I don't have a good one and thanks for reading I'll be back new year !

pizzamanluigi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 73076 View attachment 73075

hair shorter in week 7 I cut it myself anyway lucky I take pics to keep progress and I advise anyone to do the same because u don't actually realise how bad your hair is before you start minoxidil and take it for granted that in its current state it's the way it's always been until u compare the difference and see your progress.

Haven't dermarolled this week can't seem to find it, haven't missed a dosage again of minoxidil still 1 cap full at night missed a couple of days taking biotin no big deal, things have stalled slightly between week 5and now maybe, I it's much much better than baseline but I want to get to 7-8 months in reality to see full progress.

I'll update over xmas if I don't have a good one and thanks for reading I'll be back new year !
Looking good! Solid results, keep it up!

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
I never break the skin so it bleeds I mean the odd time I might accidentally but rarely.

when I'm rolling I do it enough so it hurts I do this mayb once every 2-3 days then apply the minoxidil

at the moment I'm just applying it once per day and after 5 weeks I'm pretty satisfied so far, I was expecting to be much thinner than when I started because of the shed but i never experienced a shed as yet and my hair is thicker, I'm still expecting a shed to come when the hairs go in sync but if it doesn't and continues to thicken then all the better,
Be careful of the side effects. minoxidil comes into your bloodstream.

Fredie2

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 73076 View attachment 73075

I can tell you from using minoxidil 5% for 35 years, 2% for the first couple of years. - The back or crown should pretty easily fill in with minoxidil by itself. The front will be harder but should be possible. I started at 21 when I noticed a little receding at the front.

Anyone derma rolling should wait 12 hours to heal up before adding minoxidil. Also Minoxidil is a lifetime daily commitment until something better comes along. If guys start and stop then they are just fooling themselves.

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_8349.JPG IMG_8958.JPG

Quick update about 2 weeks short of 12 weeks, was bored so thought I'd update today, ok so def notice the fronts filling in better than the crown at the moment, weird anyway still can't find my dermaroller so haven't been using that, just the minoxidil once at night and the nizoral once every 2-3 days, no side effects Mayb eyes r slightly darker and baggy in the mornings but this is gone after a hour or so, Mayb I'm just not gettin enough sleep I tend to be a night owl.

Thanks for any input guys are taking the time to post about it's all useful hope use have a good new year

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 74583 View attachment 74584

Quick update about 2 weeks short of 12 weeks, was bored so thought I'd update today, ok so def notice the fronts filling in better than the crown at the moment, weird anyway still can't find my dermaroller so haven't been using that, just the minoxidil once at night and the nizoral once every 2-3 days, no side effects Mayb eyes r slightly darker and baggy in the mornings but this is gone after a hour or so, Mayb I'm just not gettin enough sleep I tend to be a night owl.

Thanks for any input guys are taking the time to post about it's all useful hope use have a good new year
Obviously there's big improvement but maybe you should do before and after pics with almost the same lighting.

Mrbig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously there's big improvement but maybe you should do before and after pics with almost the same lighting.
Sorry about the photo quality i use the front one on my camera camera and it's not great i admit I'll try n get a different one next time and upload a better one