Minoxidil causing wrinkles under eyes

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you’re saying that would work much better than a retinol eye cream?
Much much better, check out some before and after user testimonials the results speak for themselves. Minoxidil aged me rapidly Tret reversed the problem within 2-3 months.

Must add, I also cut salt down and alcohol and started exercising again after a depressed spell so of course other things likely contributed.

marlonthoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Much much better, check out some before and after user testimonials the results speak for themselves. Minoxidil aged me rapidly Tret reversed the problem within 2-3 months.

Must add, I also cut salt down and alcohol and started exercising again after a depressed spell so of course other things likely contributed.
Would differin gel be a good option? The doctors where I live don’t take anything that’s cosmetic like hairloss and skin seriously so I doubt I’d get a proper prescription

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would differin gel be a good option? The doctors where I live don’t take anything that’s cosmetic like hairloss and skin seriously so I doubt I’d get a proper prescription
Same .... I use dermatica which is a online skin care prescription in the UK cost like £20 a month but a tube lasts me two months, seen people use other online pharmacies.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, can you explain me why do you recommend tretinoin?
In vague terms it encourages skins to renew and replenish forcing old dead cells to shed. Its a common acne treatment but has seen good results for scars, skin damage from UV among many other things its essentially great for anti ageing. I recommend it as for me personally it sorted my skin out from dull sagging and ageing caused by minoxidil. I am allergic to PG and alcohol based vehicles.

Its a female dominated cheat sheet that men do not know about, but take it from me do some research and you will not regret getting on it.

nodht

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using it since a couple of weeks. I just wanted to know your opinion. I have recentely bought Dualgen 5R that has tretinoin inside, with other molecules like azelaic acid (another great top one), copper peptides and I think....coffein. Well, what to say? There is a big difference between 5R and por exle minoxidil alone, I feel it different in a better way, but its true that it is a bit irritating. I use it with spironolactone also, that everyone should try because it protects the follicles from androgens.

marlonthoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same .... I use dermatica which is a online skin care prescription in the UK cost like £20 a month but a tube lasts me two months, seen people use other online pharmacies.
Checked them out and they formulated something with Tretinoin 0.015%/ Azelaic Acid 4%/ Niacinamide 4% for me. I’m so frustrated. Was / am even considering lower eyelid surgery but then again this issue also appeared when I was going through a very bad breakup and cried for months straight…also been suffering from depression for years.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Checked them out and they formulated something with Tretinoin 0.015%/ Azelaic Acid 4%/ Niacinamide 4% for me. I’m so frustrated. Was / am even considering lower eyelid surgery but then again this issue also appeared when I was going through a very bad breakup and cried for months straight…also been suffering from depression for years.
sorry to hear that, we have all been there!

marlonthoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: so I have been very strict about my skincare for 4 months now. Using vitamin c, sunscreen, tretinoin .025%, niacinamide and an exfoliator and STILL deal with crepey skin under my eyes. It has improved a bit but back in February my skin texture under my eyes was perfect. Since I’m only 22 I don’t understand why this is happening. I’m on 5mg OM. Can anyone help me with this? I’m scared of lowering my dosage but also unhappy with my skin condition. Help would be very appreciated.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: so I have been very strict about my skincare for 4 months now. Using vitamin c, sunscreen, tretinoin .025%, niacinamide and an exfoliator and STILL deal with crepey skin under my eyes. It has improved a bit but back in February my skin texture under my eyes was perfect. Since I’m only 22 I don’t understand why this is happening. I’m on 5mg OM. Can anyone help me with this? I’m scared of lowering my dosage but also unhappy with my skin condition. Help would be very appreciated.
is it only affecting your uer eye area or do you got more wtinkles on forehead and cheeks aswell? thanks

marlonthoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
odd, I've been on OM for about 3 years. no difference. I use tret on my face however, but not on the undereye area. some people say it's fine, others claim it thins out the already fine skin too much
Do you think this is just the aging process? I’m only 22 so i don’t get it…and this all happened right when I upped the dosage to 10mg it’s still there after lowering back to 5mg back tho

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think this is just the aging process? I’m only 22 so i don’t get it…and this all happened right when I upped the dosage to 10mg it’s still there after lowering back to 5mg back tho
possibly, but 22 seems too young.the thickness of the undereye skin, the vascularity and amount of fat tissue is genetic tho. but then it's weird you hadn't noticed it before. one of my best friends had horrible bags when we were in middle school, we called him junky eyes. my point being, if it's purely a genetic thing, it's equally weird you're only seeing it now ( but still possible I guess)

marlonthoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
possibly, but 22 seems too young.the thickness of the undereye skin, the vascularity and amount of fat tissue is genetic tho. but then it's weird you hadn't noticed it before. one of my best friends had horrible bags when we were in middle school, we called him junky eyes. my point being, if it's purely a genetic thing, it's equally weird you're only seeing it now ( but still possible I guess)
do you have any recommendation on what else I could try? Treatmeant wise?

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you have any recommendation on what else I could try? Treatmeant wise?
might seem extreme, but if it's really bothering you that much, I'd look into fillers. I'm not sure if they still use it as readily as before to fix bags, but there should be an option there. if the problem's really pronounced, creams aren't going to do sh*t