Minoxidil Alternative For Microneedling

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping to begin microneedling soon and have been looking for alternative topicals to minoxidil.
What do you guys think of each of the following? Would they be of any use? :

PGE2?

Procyanidin B2?

Retinoic acid?

Hyaluronic acid?

Castor oil?

Any feedback would be greatly welcomed, thanks!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Caffeine can ne be added

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Loife

My Regimen
Reaction score
You've been on zix for over a year now though correct? As on that thread you posted you commented in Oct 2019 you had started, Any maintenance or regrowth?
No on it long enough to say anything conclusive. Will give an update in due time though

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that zix surpassed the obnoxiously expensive setipiprant shows how it can be a great addition tbh

Loife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but I just started adding needling to see if can get regrowth. I only had maintenance/slowing down of hairloss with zix only. (and I only did zix once/day with not alcohol, zix I use now also has ethanol)

We'll see how it goes.
Sounds good, I look forward to your updates.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but I just started adding needling to see if can get regrowth. I only had maintenance/slowing down of hairloss with zix only. (and I only did zix once/day with not alcohol, zix I use now also has ethanol)

We'll see how it goes.

Are you still interested in topical dutasteride? seems to me a much more powerful solution for hair loss, especially if it hardly reduces serum DHT by much and is for the most part possibly side effect free.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There isn't any equivalent alternative to minoxidil. Minoxidil works in a unique way, and hairs grown on minoxidil are dependent upon the continued use of it. There are other topical treatments that you can try, but they work in a different way from minoxidil.

One topical you could look into is liposomal dutasteride. A guy on here called Mustang uses it, and he reports that it has worked effectively for him and that virtually none of it has gone systemic. He has had multiple blood tests to show this.

I also see that Zix has been mentioned in this thread. I'm going to get beat up for saying this, but I personally think that Zix is a very weak treatment at best. I can't see it standing a chance of helping unless your hair loss is very mild.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are the alternatives(in that order)

Bimatoprost
Stemoxydine
Adenosin

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of these are AA
Bimatoprost prolongates the growth cycle through Prostaglandin2. It is scietifically proven to work for eyelashes and I had similar good results as with Minoxidil with less side effects

Stemox is a similar molecule to minoxidil, but I did not test it yet

Adenosin should be explained on Wikipedia, I found it to be a little bit effective with less sides than Bima and minoxidil

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing is risk free unfortunately

But as I said I had less sides on Bima, but for most people it isn't affordable anyway

More information about Adenosin:

I have a friend who moved to Tokyo and told me that Adenosin is recommended secondly after minoxidil in their Pharmacys

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing is risk free unfortunately

But as I said I had less sides on Bima, but for most people it isn't affordable anyway

More information about Adenosin:

I have a friend who moved to Tokyo and told me that Adenosin is recommended secondly after minoxidil in their Pharmacys
just got compounded adenosine 0.05+ vegf trichofactor + trichofaxtor tm + igf1 but i'm wondering if adenosine has an effect on collagen aswell (saw a thread saying it does affect collagen) as i'm trying to find the most efficient growth stimulant with the least amount of skin sides.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think Adenosin is safer as in general as I experieced no sides at all but I am not an expert. In general I would attribute minoxidil Face Aging. I have a friend who uses it since 3 years and my face aged worse than his without the use of minoxidil or Bima for longer than 6 weeks

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
just got compounded adenosine 0.05+ vegf trichofactor + trichofaxtor tm + igf1 but i'm wondering if adenosine has an effect on collagen aswell (saw a thread saying it does affect collagen) as i'm trying to find the most efficient growth stimulant with the least amount of skin sides.
Let me know if you do!

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bimatoprost is a pgf2a analogue and is far from having no sides it will f*** up your collagen in the exact smae way minoxidil does and can induce pap as an added flavour https://www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/pap-new-concerns-for-prostaglandin-use
sh*t you are right. Find another one:

What do you think it is only using around the temporal sides? As there are no muscles causing wrinkles