Minoxidil After 6 Months. It's Getting Much Worse(with Photo)

Gelo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been using minoxidil 5% twice a day, for the last 6 months. And not only i don't see any results, but it's getting much worse! Im aware that this effect may occur in 1-3 months of using minoxdil, but after 6 months, it should get better right? im starting to freaking out, should i stop using this? Thanks for help!

(first photo, 2 months ago, photo on the right - today.)

Attachments

• 20226453_1706424959397895_801067698_o.jpg
    20226453_1706424959397895_801067698_o.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,560

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks mostly the same, ive seen much worse after 6 months dude. I dont think its making your hair loss worse, i think it just isnt working for you. Try finasteride that is more likely to stop your loss. If you are scared of side effects they are rare and not permenant. Take finasteride or go bald, there is no other way around it.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
people talking that minoxidil made his hairline receding :rolleyes:

it might not working, but probably it is. you're using keto or finasteride? you can try to penetrate skin deeper with dermaroller.

Gelo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks mostly the same, ive seen much worse after 6 months dude. I dont think its making your hair loss worse, i think it just isnt working for you. Try finasteride that is more likely to stop your loss. If you are scared of side effects they are rare and not permenant. Take finasteride or go bald, there is no other way around it.

Thanks. Do i need to use it for the rest of my life , just like minoxidil?
people talking that minoxidil made his hairline receding :rolleyes:

it might not working, but probably it is. you're using keto or finasteride? you can try to penetrate skin deeper with dermaroller.

I don't use any of those. I don't know what to do anymore, i don't have that much money to spend , especially it has to be used for the rest of my life , right?

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil isn't helping with your hair loss. It only increases hair growth. Sometimes the former is stronger than the latter. Which is where finasteride can help.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Drop the minoxidil you don't need it. Get on finasteride if you want, but looks like a mature hairline to me. Your hair right now looks fuckn great, no point in adding minoxidil which you would have to consistently apply daily. Very unlikely to get regrowth on it, and can cause hairs to become dependent on it, I would drop it.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We all get sucked into believing minoxidil is suppose to stop hair loss until we find out it is a scam that does nothing.

Reactions: Bad

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Do i need to use it for the rest of my life , just like minoxidil?

I don't use any of those. I don't know what to do anymore, i don't have that much money to spend , especially it has to be used for the rest of my life , right?

Buy proscar its brand name for finasteride and comes in 5mg tablets, its aloooot cheaper than regular finasteride, take the pill in quarters. It works out very cheap :)

Also @Pequod minoxidil isn't a scam, its not very effective without finasteride right enough. Topical minoxidil has about a 30% success rate because not everyones skin can absorb the chemical effectively. Taking oral minoxidil in clinical trials there was a noted 8/10 people regrew hair, ive been on it for a month tomorrow and i believe my shed is ending, i can see what looks like the start of some very early regrowth that has got me excited :) forget the topical, if you dont care about small chance of sides get on oral minoxidil 5mg 2x a day and see how that works for you!

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish i had your hairline density ! I used to have it 6 months ago, but since I started the treatment my hair went to sh*t real quick..
I had a big shed in the 2nd month which I never fully recovered, stabilized for 2-3 months (less shedding). In late August (when my derm told me to switch the brand of minoxidil) it started again and now for the past days it peaked and I'm losing like 100 hairs easy leaving my hairline slightly see through if the sun hits it and full blown see through in close light..

So if you say that minoxidil is worsening your hair I absolutely believe you! Btw, yes i'm on finasteride and using Nizoral 2x week..

Distressed

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems likely that Min isn't working because you're not on an AA. I've seen cases where people will get on min and it doesn't work on them, but once they add finasteride, they get great regrowth. Besides, I say you just being on finasteride might work just fine for you, but that's up to you. Your hair loss definitely isn't bad though.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I think the bottom of your hair line looks a little fuller. Get on finasteride like the others said.

Gelo

My Regimen
Reaction score
first photo is before, on the right is after.

Thanks for all your advices. I quit minoxidil. Do you think that finasteride is neccesarry in my case?

Drop the minoxidil you don't need it. Get on finasteride if you want, but looks like a mature hairline to me. Your hair right now looks fuckn great, no point in adding minoxidil which you would have to consistently apply daily. Very unlikely to get regrowth on it, and can cause hairs to become dependent on it, I would drop it.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to keep your hair longterm finasteride and dutasteride are really the only viable options we have at this time. Get on finasteride and dont read into the side effect horror stories, most are just blown way out of proportion.