Minoxidil 15%: Where Do You Guys Get It? Good/bad Experiences?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone causes accumulation of belly fat, and worse... visceral fat around your internal organs. Estradiol levels do affect your metabolism. If your free estradiol natural levels are in the mid-normal to high- normal range for a biological female, supplemental estradiol wouldn't likely do you much good but if low , then it may help. Being a bio female, you have to keep in mind the possibility of elevated breast cancer risk from too high estrogen levels, but it's been demonstrated now that bio-identical progesterone helps to reduce or even eliminate that cancer risk because it acts to moderate how the free estradiol in your body gets used / bound to estrogen receptors. Progesterone also reduces the risk of DVT/clots due to too much estradiol getting converted into estrone sulfate which is the actual culprit in causing clots.

P.S. Diane is poison and ought to be banned.
In the MtF Trans discussion forum on Facebook that I frequent... there seems to be a general consensus that I.M. Injected estradiol and progesterone do not contribute to weight gain outside of (in MtFs) slowing metabolish down from male levels, and not feeling much energy due to the now having severe lack of testosterone. In fact some trans women are prescribed small doses of testosterone supplements to bring their energy back up, and the progesterone helps to inhibit DHT to battle the hairloss problem because some free testosterone actually helps hair grow... but to want to keep it from turning into DHT. It's all an intricate and intertwined complex mess of endocrine system hacking and tinkering...

Why is Diane poison?
Would it be worth me low dosing spironolactone ?
What's the best drug to battle feminizing effects?
Why wear purple when pink would bring out your eyes more?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was about to post the same exact thread asking where you get Minoxidil 15% from in the US; are us americans screwed? Do we have to smuggle minoxidil bottles up our asses from Mexico?
maybe dissolving oral minoxidil tablets into a bottle, inhouse sells 10%

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i was about to post the same exact thread asking where you get Minoxidil 15% from in the US; are us americans screwed? Do we have to smuggle minoxidil bottles up our asses from Mexico?

i think Murray avenue apothecary if not mistaken.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Murray avenue apothecary. I have the email of the woman in charge there, sometimes they have discounts you should ask for. I have to go back maybe through 1.5 years of emails to see the details but I think if you buy 3 bottles you get 10% off or something like that. I wanted 12 bottles but she advised against it because, going by memory, she said 3 bottles should last 6 months because they advise using 1ML a day and the shelf life is 9 months (you need to ask her, i'm going by memory).

Anyway, everything about them screams legit. They had a chance to get me for 12 bottles, but she was honest that 3 is enough and what she advised to buy was 3 at a time. She was giving me some leeway with 6 bottles because I want to cover the entire scalp so 1ML is not enough I told her. I think she offered me 15% discount for 6 bottles. She also told me to speak to a doctor before using such strong minoxidil. I think it comes in lotion and cream (your choice) when you want such high concentration and you can add hydrocortison, a-acid and other additives including 0.1% finasteride.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

There's two good places. I actually take two different high dosages, which are both Doctor prescribed in the U.S.

You can try Xandrox, but their 15% is only 11%. Once Minoxidil is in high concentrations, it becomes a lotion (if it's legitimate).

Xandrox is cheaper than both solutions I use, and it is good. I just get side effects from the AA in their bottle (Aezalic Acid).

Of course, Minoxidil is usually only temporary for men.

Medical wellness center is one place, they are Murray's Avenue.

Hairlossmd is the other place. Search for Promox. They are also doctor prescribed.

The other is on hairlossmd (Regenere/Promox). Promox is more of a liquid, and I need to start posting
pictures on my Promox thread.

ACP pharmacy makes Promox. That is good too, but it is a thinner solution. I think Susan's (Murray's is a little better in quality, but Promox is good for people that still have good density, it's easy to spread.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear next to nothing positive about these high minoxidil percentages

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear next to nothing positive about these high minoxidil percentages

It's not that they're dangerous.

When they're combined with other medications, Minoxidil works very well.

Some people report swelling of their eyes, which is probably an allergic reaction to something in the medication.

Ninety five percent of it is something else (five percent dosages).

While I believe people who report these issues, I think the hair loss medication gets an undeserved reputation.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had results on 15% minoxidil when 5% did literally nothing?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had results on 15% minoxidil when 5% did literally nothing?

Had temporary results. It wasn't until I added Finasteride, and other treatments that my hairline started growing back.

It won't hurt you. But it doesn't mean it will permanently help you, it probably won't be permanent gains.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using Murray Ave. 15% for 3.5 months now. Existing hair has become thicker, more noticeable, smaller, vellus hairs more noticeable among existing thin areas. Occasional, brief tachycardia 2-3 hours after application but not always. Sometimes mild metallic or aromatic taste on the tongue. Will continue for 6 more months then evaluate. Tried 5% for a couple years or more, no effect at all.

Whatever happened to that Minoxidil response test? There is a video on this website, I think by Andy Goren? He was doing sulphatase testing as a metric for effectiveness/response to minoxidil, or something like that in 2015.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using Murray Ave. 15% for 3.5 months now. Existing hair has become thicker, more noticeable, smaller, vellus hairs more noticeable among existing thin areas. Occasional, brief tachycardia 2-3 hours after application but not always. Sometimes mild metallic or aromatic taste on the tongue. Will continue for 6 more months then evaluate. Tried 5% for a couple years or more, no effect at all.

Whatever happened to that Minoxidil response test? There is a video on this website, I think by Andy Goren? He was doing sulphatase testing as a metric for effectiveness/response to minoxidil, or something like that in 2015.
Where did you get the 15% minoxidil?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a place that sells Polaris Nr 09 (15%minoxidil) and Polaris nr 10 (16%minoxidil cream) in the US. and without a prescription.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Whatever happened to that Minoxidil response test? There is a video on this website, I think by Andy Goren? He was doing sulphatase testing as a metric for effectiveness/respon/ se to minoxidil, or something like that in 2015.
How was your experience with 15%? did you keep your gain and regrow long term?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used a number of products from Polaris and a cream from Murray Avenue. I didn't see any benefits from Polaris whatsoever. Murray Avenue only offers creams for any minoxidil above 5%. I have diffuse loss (NW3) and their cream didn't work for me. I now alternate between a 10% minoxidil from India and a 15% minoxidil from MinoxidilMax.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used a number of products from Polaris and a cream from Murray Avenue. I didn't see any benefits from Polaris whatsoever. Murray Avenue only offers creams for any minoxidil above 5%. I have diffuse loss (NW3) and their cream didn't work for me. I now alternate between a 10% minoxidil from India and a 15% minoxidil from MinoxidilMax.

I just started using Minoxidilmax, are you using the Dualgen 15 with finasteride? Thats what im using, im a diffused Norwood 4..my crown needs a lot of help.