Minoxidil 15%: Where Do You Guys Get It? Good/bad Experiences?

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd go with medicalwellnesscenter.com. You have to pay $50 for a doctor consultation fee but they are legit. When I was in Florida I tried to buy from here, but the pharmacy that I used Murray Avenue Apothecary could not ship to Florida, so medical wellness center actually refunded me my $50 within like a day. So I know they're not out to get you for your money. It was recommended to me from other people I know, and they say it's legit. I personally have never used anything from there, but I have no reason to believe they are phony. I think I also saw once, the purity of their minoxidil was also legit. I'm pretty sure i've read minoxidilmax purity is not as good.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Minoxidilmax' 15% topical solution. I cannot comment on the purity, but if someone could shed some light it would be great!
Over the years, I've gone from Rogaine 5% to Belgravia Centre's 12%, then earlier this year I switched to Minoxidilmax 15%.
It is difficult to draw conclusions on its effectiveness, as it is only a part of my regime...but I would say Minoxidilmax' solution seems more sticky than others.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This apparently is a good thing. Higher minoxidil solutions should be a bit thick/sticky and have a yellow hue if I'm not mistaken. Dr Lee's Xandrox 15 was almost like glue. Did the Dualgen 15% from Minoxidilmax which you used crystalize in the bottle? Was it well absorbed in your scalp or did it dry up, unabsorbed? I've read on another forum that a user initially saw no results from Dualgen 15 in the first 3 months. He then started to apply generic 2% minoxidil a while after the Dualgen-15 (once it was dried up and partially still on his scalp, not absorbed). This apparently made all the difference and he saw regrowth from then on.

It does appear yellow,much more so than Rogaine. The liquid appears to stay moist on the scalp for a bit..I'd dab evenly over scalp with my fingers and go to sleep, so to my knowledge it does dry up but I can't confirm how long. I don't think it crystalized.
I'd love to see the results if someone takes all the Minoxidil brands to the lab for a purity test.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's your hair doing since using Dualgen-15? Any shedding from it? Regrowth?

I read somewhere (don't remember if it was this forum or another) that a user sent Dualgen-15 to a lab for testing. The minoxidil concentration came out close to 15% iirc, so I hope it's legit. The original Xandrox 15 by Dr Lee however had a unique formula and method of production, which most likely contributed highly to the effectiveness of it. A lot of Xandrox users went on to other 15% minoxidil products and started losing ground.Very depressing that Xandrox' original formula isn't being produced by another company, as far as we know.

EDIT: I was talking about this post from user Warlord:

I had a long "issue" with MinoxidilMax more than one year ago, because I had just gone through a depressing shed and I wanted to be sure that their products really contained the labelled amount of minoxidil. Both MinoxidilMax and me sent several bottles to the same US laboratory. The fact is that one of their lots of 15% minoxidil, which was more than half a year old, had only 13.9% minoxidil (which is, however, still within acceptable limits). This is probably due to the lower long-term stability of 15% minoxidil. But the fresh lots were fine and very accurately dosed (14.9%, 15.0%, 15.3%). So if you don't buy stores for 1+ year ahead, you shouldn't worry.
That's reassuring to know; I can live with a 1% strength deficit. I do order 3 bottles at a time, and will keep an eye on the storage, thanks!
I had been using Minoxidil 5% for years before switching to 12% and 15%, so perhaps the scalp was well acquainted to it and hence no shedding from the switch. I also had absolutely no results from Minoxidil alone for many years, until Finasteride was added to my regime (minor but noticeable success), which now makes it more difficult to assess what switching to Dualgen-15 since a few months ago has done...
I guess the only way I know is to keep going and hope for the best/miracle cures :/

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody that uses Minoxidil higher than five percent probably needs hydrocortisone with it.

Some places add that in there automatically, some have a checklist, and some don't.

Without the anti inflammatory, you will f*** your hair up big time with high concentrations.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's good to know that the minoxidil concentration seems to be right. I'm not convinced of its effectiveness in comparison to the original Xandrox 15 though. Dr Lee used a specific formula, the ingredients differ from the Dualgen-15 of Minoxidilmax. I'll just have to try it I guess. Hoping for the best.

It's cheap (Xandrox), and it has a lower percentage than what it advertises. Minoxidil is a solid substance. Usually, anything in the 15% is a lotion (Promox, Murray's pharmacy).

Xandrox 15% is really 11%. Plus you have the added "benefit", if you can call it that, if Aezalic Acid. An herb that really has no scientific proof.

But I'm sure it will be "just right" for your hair!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am curious...does increasing the strength (or dosage?) give you better results IF you are responding?

I am on 5% foam I am a decent responder--would love more growth of course--or is going up in percentage or dosing to help people who are not responding or stop responding?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am curious...does increasing the strength (or dosage?) give you better results IF you are responding?

I am on 5% foam I am a decent responder--would love more growth of course--or is going up in percentage or dosing to help people who are not responding or stop responding?

I've been thinking about the same thing today. I switched from Rogaine liquid to Kirkland liquid like 3 months ago. I'm not sure, but at this point I think the Kirkland hasn't been quite as effective as the Rogaine. Makes no sense, right? Should be exactly as effective. But... can't chance it, right? :D Sucks because name brand Rogaine is so much more expensive, so if it is in fact exactly the same thing then it is quite dumb to ever use Rogaine.

So I think what I'm going to do is increase the amount of minoxidil I use, by using the same amt. of Kirkland and also using Rogaine, perhaps by alternating with it or I dunno. And using an extra ml or 2 per day.

hairblues I'm curious, are you using Kirkland or Rogaine foam (or other?) Have you thought about changing brands?

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the same thing today. I switched from Rogaine liquid to Kirkland liquid like 3 months ago. I'm not sure, but at this point I think the Kirkland hasn't been quite as effective as the Rogaine. Makes no sense, right? Should be exactly as effective. But... can't chance it, right? :D Sucks because name brand Rogaine is so much more expensive, so if it is in fact exactly the same thing then it is quite dumb to ever use Rogaine.

So I think what I'm going to do is increase the amount of minoxidil I use, by using the same amt. of Kirkland and also using Rogaine, perhaps by alternating with it or I dunno.

hairblues I'm curious, are you using Kirkland or Rogaine foam (or other?) Have you thought about changing brands?

I use foam Rogaine for women(same thing really) ...I don't feel it is really expensive but I use 1/2 a cap 1x a day..I am trying to figure out how many bottles I used so far..but it's a 4 month supply for $40 last time I got it.
Keep in mind as a woman all beauty products (this is a beauty product lets keep it real lol) are pricey so this did not seem so in comparison to other things I use.
Also you guys may be higher dosing them me and using it 2x a day. women are not 'supposed' to but reading more on Heralopecia women are using it 2x a day which I might start to do.

Shookwun had recommended kirkland I believe it has something else in it that makes it effective..but I was good with rogain for now because I did have results.
I am open to switching at some point but it sounds like the switch is not working for you?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use foam Rogaine for women(same thing really) ...I don't feel it is really expensive but I use 1/2 a cap 1x a day..I am trying to figure out how many bottles I used so far..but it's a 4 month supply for $40 last time I got it.
Keep in mind as a woman all beauty products (this is a beauty product lets keep it real lol) are pricey so this did not seem so in comparison to other things I use.
Also you guys may be higher dosing them me and using it 2x a day. women are not 'supposed' to but reading more on Heralopecia women are using it 2x a day which I might start to do.

Shookwun had recommended kirkland I believe it has something else in it that makes it effective..but I was good with rogain for now because I did have results.
I am open to switching at some point but it sounds like the switch is not working for you?

Ya, that sounds like a good deal, cheap! I end up spending about ... something like $500 a year on Rogaine (including shipping). Maybe a bit less but in that ballpark. Doesnt break the bank but Kirkland is a fraction of that so if its equally effective then why spend the $.

I would think that kirkland won't be MORE effective than rogaine, so at the price youre paying theres no sense in switching. Unless you wanted to increase the dose? But you could do what I'm planning to do, use both... add kirkland to your rogaine regimen...

Really, I'm not sure if the Kirkland has been less effective. Could just be that I've been using minoxidil and only minoxidil for 2 years, so now I've seen gains, held steady for a while, and am now seeing the decline. Or maybe its the kirkland. Or maybe my hair is not actually getting worse. In any case I'm gonna increase the dose and add Rogaine.

A very good hair Doctor told me that name brand rogaine and finasteride ARE slightly better than their generic alternatives. Maybe its true.

lol i want to write d o c , but if you type it this website is correcting it to d o c t o r and also capitalizing it, like above. note to the mods, it doesnt need to be capitalized! :D

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, that sounds like a good deal, cheap! I end up spending about ... something like $500 a year on Rogaine (including shipping). Maybe a bit less but in that ballpark. Doesnt break the bank but Kirkland is a fraction of that so if its equally effective then why spend the $.

I would think that kirkland won't be MORE effective than rogaine, so at the price youre paying theres no sense in switching. Unless you wanted to increase the dose? But you could do what I'm planning to do, use both... add kirkland to your rogaine regimen...

Really, I'm not sure if the Kirkland has been less effective. Could just be that I've been using minoxidil and only minoxidil for 2 years, so now I've seen gains, held steady for a while, and am now seeing the decline. Or maybe its the kirkland. Or maybe my hair is not actually getting worse. In any case I'm gonna increase the dose and add Rogaine.

A very good hair Doctor told me that name brand rogaine and finasteride ARE slightly better than their generic alternatives. Maybe its true.

lol i want to write d o c , but if you type it this website is correcting it to d o c t o r and also capitalizing it, like above. note to the mods, it doesn't need to be capitalized! :D

Oh, okay you are not in USA?

I dont know much about kirkland I think they have AA in it (alzeraic acid?) I can actually just buy that on its own probably I think they see it via this website...but does not seem much science behind it.

I am on topical spironolactone--i just emailed my Dr if I can add topical finasteride to my treatments..I am hoping he says yes..It is worth a shot the topical spironolactone helped 'some' and maybe the combo will help a lot. (never want kids so don't care)

I am going to perhaps add foam to morning because If i double what i am using its not going to be expensive to use Rogain. I am on average spending $10 a month so if it goes up to $20 that is not bad. My topical spironolactone is like $40 for 3 months. So far other than an incredibly expensive endocrinologist i went to several years ago--who did not take insurance--adn the extensive blood work (all tougher was like $1000) I have not incured much cost for hair loss--I am sure it is to come. ugh LOL.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nope. :D

i hope your d o c t o r says yes! good luck... sounds like you have a good, cheap regimen. i cannot follow all the "new treatments" that are supposedly coming in the next few years, but i hope one turns out to be really safe and really effective.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Copper peptides-I remember reading about that but can't recall if it was oral or topical product. What product are you using for that, Joshua?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It will help your growth. I can definitely answer that question.

My vertex/hairline hair grows about an inch per month.

And let me say this. As much as I used to believe in Minoxidil at one time, I really think
other anti androgens make the difference between hair gain and loss. I use both 30% and
a 15% solution. Both are legitimate and done by doctors.

As I said, my hairline / vertex, where I put Minoxidil AND Latanoprost, grows ONE inch per month.

My side back hair grows less. It only grows an average half inch per month.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats incredible. Supercharged hairline and vertex. So you're actually kinda like the opposite of a bald man... DLAB or something.

I just looked up info about Latanoprost. Hmmm ... any side effects? ... do you use a small amount? Seems expensive...?

I'm using 5% Kirkland, once a day, and thats it. I think I'm going to have to up my game or I'll eventually be looking at the Larry David. Which would be OK but . . .. . . . .. . . . . . .

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats incredible. Supercharged hairline and vertex. So you're actually kinda like the opposite of a bald man... DLAB or something.

I just looked up info about Latanoprost. Hmmm ... any side effects? ... do you use a small amount? Seems expensive...?

I'm using 5% Kirkland, once a day, and thats it. I think I'm going to have to up my game or I'll eventually be looking at the Larry David. Which would be OK but . . .. . . . .. . . . . . .

Don't get me wrong, I'm still between a Norwood 2 and three (closer to a three). Slowly, and very slowly is my hairline coming back.

The only real gains I made were with my 3 "V" hair. The density has REALLY come back on my vertex, and hair on top of my head.

Believe me, it's ONLY because of the medications I use on my hair. Latanoprost is expensive. It's only .003 (you heard that right, .003) in the formula I use. Also, the Finasteride and Progesterone (both topical) do most of the work. I really have to admit that.

Latanoprost is twenty dollars, and is a supplement in Promox.

The trick is, I use 15% morning (Promox), which is more of a liquid (still a lotion), all over my scalp. Then, I put on 30% either morning or night, on myh hairline and vertex. The 30% is really GREAT HIGH QUALITY STUFF. Susan Mernstein (Murray Avenue Acotherpy) makes that. I would never quit Susan's stuff, it's SO GOOD. But it's very thick.

So, if you have good density, and are mild diffuse, Promox. But for my bald areas (low density), I can't tell you how much Susan's stuff has helped me.

They are both hair GROWTH medications, NOT ANTIANDROGENS (except topical finasteride and Progesterone), so I don't want to give people the wrong idea. I think Latanoprost and Minoxidil will grow hair faster, but that's it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will help your growth. I can definitely answer that question.

My vertex/hairline hair grows about an inch per month.

And let me say this. As much as I used to believe in Minoxidil at one time, I really think
other anti androgens make the difference between hair gain and loss. I use both 30% and
a 15% solution. Both are legitimate and done by doctors.

As I said, my hairline / vertex, where I put Minoxidil AND Latanoprost, grows ONE inch per month.

My side back hair grows less. It only grows an average half inch per month.

My hair actually grows quickly...my hair is actually down to my bra in back when i pull it straight lol...but I would like more density on my top scalp especially towards front first few inches. its like my hair line is intact but right behind my hair lien is where hair loss got me the most-in the center part..and i would love more density right in that from few inches towards middle..

I got improvement in this area from minoxidil 5% foam 1x a day as directed--but would like more density in this area.

I dont know if stronger minoxidil would help that...

My dermatologist said to me other day she has a stronger strength minoxidil compound with retinol and something else (I cant remember I have to ask her again) BUT its liquid..I kind of like the foam cosmetically...but considering it.

My hair transplant Dr who i consulted with but who also monitors me with treatments etc--he has me on a topical spironolactone with some other stuff in it (estrodail, but the weaker kind) caffeine and melatonin..that helped I think..BUT I definitely need more help in that anti-androgen area..so I wrote to him and asked if I can add his male blend which has topical finasteride in it...He may/may not I am not sure..Doctors may be reluctant with women who still ovulate because of malpractice or afraid of lawsuits.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair actually grows quickly...my hair is actually down to my bra in back when i pull it straight lol...but I would like more density on my top scalp especially towards front first few inches. its like my hair line is intact but right behind my hair lien is where hair loss got me the most-in the center part..and i would love more density right in that from few inches towards middle..

I got improvement in this area from minoxidil 5% foam 1x a day as directed--but would like more density in this area.

I dont know if stronger minoxidil would help that...

My dermatologist said to me other day she has a stronger strength minoxidil compound with retinol and something else (I cant remember I have to ask her again) BUT its liquid..I kind of like the foam cosmetically...but considering it.

My hair transplant Dr who i consulted with but who also monitors me with treatments etc--he has me on a topical spironolactone with some other stuff in it (estrodail, but the weaker kind) caffeine and melatonin..that helped I think..BUT I definitely need more help in that anti-androgen area..so I wrote to him and asked if I can add his male blend which has topical finasteride in it...He may/may not I am not sure..Doctors may be reluctant with women who still ovulate because of malpractice or afraid of lawsuits.

Transplants are very expensive, and let's be honest, doctor's who do them get 10,000 dollars. That's quite a lot.

Topical Finasteride is just as good, if not slightly better, than oral. In fact, MERK is patenting, possibly even putting
out topical Finasteride.

But I want to you to really consider this. spironolactone has been shown to be very effective in women (topical). Promox will put that in, and
so will medical wellness center www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. They won't prescribe spironolactone to men, only to women. spironolactone IS more effective, and has been proven in goverment/international studies (nilbh), to be more effective than Progesterone in women.

Progesterone has been shown to be effective in both women and men, but less in men (one ratio has half, one a third of males).

However, it is NOT as effective in men as in women. That said, you CAN get topical FINASTERIDE very easily from Regenere, get
the Promox solution.

Medical Wellness Center also would give it to you, along with Latanoprost (separately though). Regenere will mix the Latonoprost
in your solution.

In my own opinion, I think Susan's formula is top in quality, and is surperior to everything I used. But, her stuff is more epensive. Regenere is 110 - 137 dollars per 110 milligrams. Susan's is 99.00 for 60 milligrams.

Susan is an EXPERT compound pharmacist. Keep that in mind. She has been willing to make things for me that I often read about, in news about hair loss.

Regenere has good sales/support people, but you cannot communicate directly with their compound pharmacy in Florida. Susan's stuff is closer to you, and is in Pittsburg PA.