Miniaturization still going on with dutasteride and oral minoxidil (1 year 2 months)

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First pic was right before start treatment. Second one is six month after starting treatment. Last one is from today(1 year 2 months with medication)
2nd photo looks better than the 1st? Maybe your just going through a shed atm. Whats your OM dosage?
Im on finasteride 2 years and OM 9 months at 10mg. I cant say i have noticed much regrowth either. Some days do look better than others

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
2nd photo looks better than the 1st? Maybe your just going through a shed atm. Whats your OM dosage?
Im on finasteride 2 years and OM 9 months at 10mg. I cant say i have noticed much regrowth either. Some days do look better than others
I'm on 5 mg OM atm. But to be honest I think I'm having some issues with my hormones. I'm getting lot of acne and redness all over ny cheeks. I've read that could be a rise on T which is not good at all cause it is also giving me extremly oily skin.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on 5 mg OM atm. But to be honest I think I'm having some issues with my hormones. I'm getting lot of acne and redness all over ny cheeks. I've read that could be a rise on T which is not good at all cause it is also giving me extremly oily skin.
yeah dutasteride does that. i was on it for 6 months and then switched to finasteride, which i think is much better

PRIMEN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had acne before but I had acne and redness all over my face while using finasteride, I personally had to stop it because it was getting out of hand and my face would be destroyed with scars, it's worse than hairloss.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe get a biopsy for Cicatricial Alopecia, specifically LPP? Though that would involve an itchy and burning scalp, and maybe even body hair loss. (some symptoms could be missing tho) For peace of mind though you might as well check, especially since you rly are on significant drugs with few if any newbie stuff left. The degradation IS apparent btw, idk why others will ignore it. Probs for fear for themselves?

Last edited:

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe get a biopsy for Cicatricial Alopecia, specifically LPP? Though that would involve an itchy and burning scalp, and maybe even body hair loss. (some symptoms could be missing tho) For peace of mind though you might as well check, especially since you rly are on significant drugs with few if any newbie stuff left. The degradation IS apparent btw, idk why others will ignore it. Probs for fear for themselves?
Yeah I've terrible pain when I comb my hair. I don't have body hair loss tho, because hypertrichosis is hitting hard.Btw, where do I get a scalp biopsy and how much does it cost?

Anyways i think there is something wrong with hormones because the miniaturization, acne, oily face and scalp is caused by androgens.

I'm about to stop dutasteride and swap to finasteride. It can't be worse, since I've lost like 50% of my density on 6 months.

Last edited:

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had acne before but I had acne and redness all over my face while using finasteride, I personally had to stop it because it was getting out of hand and my face would be destroyed with scars, it's worse than hairloss.
My acne is not that deep to create scars, I'm also using azelaic acid and salicilic acid on the morning and retinaldehyde serum at night, so it heals pretty good.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I've terrible pain when I comb my hair. I don't have body hair loss tho, because hypertrichosis is hitting hard.Btw, where do I get a scalp biopsy and how much does it cost?
I’ve had follicular pain as well and I’m a firm believer I have autoimmune hair loss. Funny enough the Clobetasol shampoo you’re on is actually one of the treatments for that type of alopecia. HOWEVER, I’ve read about tons of cases where topical treatments, especially Clobetasol has actually worsened their condition. If it truly was scarring alopecia, then bare in mind ppl get the most varied reactions from benefit to disaster when it comes to topical treatments. Maybe try a short break from that shampoo? Couldn’t hurt plus you might get some ease from the follicular pain for all we know.

There’s plenty of ways to go about a biopsy. Depends on the country really but the quickest (and priciest) will always be private clinics. Your advantage in confirming this potential condition would be access to a host of medication available to treat it, which are otherwise hard to get prescriptions for. All of this is assuming you even have autoimmune hair loss ofc. Still I’d check just for peace of mind.
I'm about to stop dutasteride and swap to finasteride. It can't be worse, since I've lost like 50% of my density on 6 months.
Wasn’t aware ur so short into dutasteride tho.. I’ve heard of longer initial sheds from ppl on it but it’s rly hard to predict so I can’t tell u what to do there. On the other hand oralmin sheds are quite devastating at first so maybe that plays a role too. Again I can’t tell u what to do there cause I get how emotionally hard shedding is and I don’t want to worsen it for u via some lousy advice.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had follicular pain as well and I’m a firm believer I have autoimmune hair loss. Funny enough the Clobetasol shampoo you’re on is actually one of the treatments for that type of alopecia. HOWEVER, I’ve read about tons of cases where topical treatments, especially Clobetasol has actually worsened their condition. If it truly was scarring alopecia, then bare in mind ppl get the most varied reactions from benefit to disaster when it comes to topical treatments. Maybe try a short break from that shampoo? Couldn’t hurt plus you might get some ease from the follicular pain for all we know.

There’s plenty of ways to go about a biopsy. Depends on the country really but the quickest (and priciest) will always be private clinics. Your advantage in confirming this potential condition would be access to a host of medication available to treat it, which are otherwise hard to get prescriptions for. All of this is assuming you even have autoimmune hair loss ofc. Still I’d check just for peace of mind.

Wasn’t aware ur so short into dutasteride tho.. I’ve heard of longer initial sheds from ppl on it but it’s rly hard to predict so I can’t tell u what to do there. On the other hand oralmin sheds are quite devastating at first so maybe that plays a role too. Again I can’t tell u what to do there cause I get how emotionally hard shedding is and I don’t want to worsen it for u via some lousy advice.
I don't know... I've been on oral minoxidil and dutasteride every day for 1 year 2 months and I've never had this aggresive hair loss, not even before using any medication. I'll see where can I find a clinic to get a biopsy.