Miguel Vilas, Professional Model, In Gran Hermano

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a fair point, Fan.

Perhaps I'll feel differently at some point down the road, but I continue to believe that, given all the sh*t you have to deal with as a wearer, it's probably best just to shave and work (hard) on other things such as physique and bank account...
it's not that much actually. once you've learned it which takes like a few months maximum, it will take you like an hour every week

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be honest, if I was NW4+, I'd be seriously considering a piece

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
it's not that much actually. once you've learned it which takes like a few months maximum, it will take you like an hour every week

It's not just the maintenance, Fan ... although it must be absolutely brutal peeling one of those things off every week or so and staring at a repulsive bald head again in the mirror ... but the constant paranoia, anxiety, and fear that comes with the possibility of being SPOTTED...

shookwun

Reaction score

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
christ, that's a hell of a read, shook.

Thanks for digging it up.

Pretty much confirms all my opinions / fears about wigs.

They're simply not a viable way to deal with this genetic nightmare...

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I discovered Matthew mcconaughey's personal YouTube channel through Reddit the other day. He shot some videos both with and without his hair piece. Nobody seemed to give a sh*t

shookwun

Reaction score
christ, that's a hell of a read, shook.

Thanks for digging it up.

Pretty much confirms all my opinions / fears about wigs.

They're simply not a viable way to deal with this genetic nightmare...
MY biggest issue was the blend. Dun kept oxifimg the piece despite being in the sun for a little over an hour s day. Both were professional dyed, but the second one got ruined within a week. Cheap dye from Debbie over at north west lace. I don't recommend her for everything. Her products are garbage

My firdt piece that I got done at a hit clinic lasted a lot longer. It was a dye fortumlated for hair systems by some German company. This was good, but unforutantely I had the piece cut to short so it looked like a bristle poof. My second piece had a much more elegant cut, since I had more.experience. I had to learn dyi and managed to shear, and pluck a natural hair cut.

Its a good option if you are almost bald though. Nothing under nw4 though.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t...

I cannot think of anything else to say about those pictures. You want proof that hair matters? Look no further.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, he doesn't. And of course the people on the show would talk about it. He f**king told everyone about it. The show is basically big brother, people stuck under the same roof 24/7 talking sh*t about each other.
No he didn't. They found out. You can't get away with it if you are with the same people for a continued period of time.
And even if a NW0 realistic wig existed, the fact that you spend so much time in the bathroom raises alarms.

*In this Big Brother edition, apparently everyone knew someone has a secret, but nobody knew what secret do they have, and they somehow figured out that he is wearing a hairpiece.

Here's a clip where they are asking him if his hair is real:

http://www.telecinco.es/granhermano...iezan-sospechar-Miguel-pelo_2_2243880005.html

I am able to understand most of the spanish here. One girl touches his hair in purpose and he gets nervous. This is simply too upsetting to watch.

Apparently he lives with a flatmate (some girl) and she said she never knew, but she said that she spent too much time on the bathroom.

http://www.telecinco.es/granhermano...-companera-Miguel-alucinada_2_2241255017.html

She says something like, "He spent a lot of time in the bathroom but I never imagined it"

Again: Im asking here. Show me pictures of the best wig in the planet, a wig that looks realistic and has a healthy, NW0 hairline. Where are the pics?

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a fair point, Fan.

Perhaps I'll feel differently at some point down the road, but I continue to believe that, given all the sh*t you have to deal with as a wearer, it's probably best just to shave and work (hard) on other things such as physique and bank account...

This is ridiculous. No matter what you achieve, you can't make up for the loss of hair. Even if I say wigs don't cut it and there are no realistic NW0 wigs ever, it's still to get one and just live a life of being a loner that will have no kids or close friends, then it's useful to maintain a "guy with hair" image without getting found.

Gf/family/living with other people? Forget it. The pressure is insane. I can only imagine.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My only problem with hair systems atm is that in this social media age we live in your ex could shout out to everyone on Facebook that the hair on your head is not yours, especially if she is pissed off. That's my only problem but it's a seriously big obstacle for me, gotta figure out a way around it.
Oh, absolutely. If you are a bald head, you should go to another continent and a start a new life. Lol at getting a wig when you are obviously bald. You should get one when you are past NW2 and you see no way to stop it. Shave it and put it on top so the transition is smooth. Going from baldo to wig is too shocking, you'll be seen as a joke. Same goes for an obvious hair transplant.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, absolutely. If you are a bald head, you should go to another continent and a start a new life. Lol at getting a wig when you are obviously bald. You should get one when you are past NW2 and you see no way to stop it. Shave it and put it on top so the transition is smooth. Going from baldo to wig is too shocking, you'll be seen as a joke. Same goes for an obvious hair transplant.

I would have no problem telling everyone who would want to give me crap about it to go eat a bag of dicks.

Noah

Reaction score
No he didn't. They found out. You can't get away with it if you are with the same people for a continued period of time. In this Big Brother edition, apparently everyone knew someone has a secret, but nobody knew what secret do they have, and they somehow figured out that he is wearing a hairpiece.

You are in danger of believing that 'reality' TV is reality. Everything that happens in these shows is scripted or at least storyboarded, and then very heavily cut and edited to turn it into drama. This is well documented. Miguel the wig-wearing male model seeking to unveil his 'true self' is playing a part written for him by the script-writers. It's preposterous if you step back and think about it. After years of making his living from his looks, he suddenly whips off his hairpiece in front of a billion viewers on primetime TV. But then the next day he is very upset because one of the other participants (who helpfully has been told that 'someone is hiding a big secret') looks like she might have guessed. What, he didn't think about that when he took the piece off in front of the camera? Give me a break! The participants are the only people in Spain who don't know for sure that he is wearing a piece, and haven't seen him without it.

This is all good television no doubt, but it's about as close to reality as Star Wars. Do not base your hair decisions on it.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
No he didn't. They found out. You can't get away with it if you are with the same people for a continued period of time.
And even if a NW0 realistic wig existed, the fact that you spend so much time in the bathroom raises alarms.

*In this Big Brother edition, apparently everyone knew someone has a secret, but nobody knew what secret do they have, and they somehow figured out that he is wearing a hairpiece.

Here's a clip where they are asking him if his hair is real:

http://www.telecinco.es/granhermano...iezan-sospechar-Miguel-pelo_2_2243880005.html

I am able to understand most of the spanish here. One girl touches his hair in purpose and he gets nervous. This is simply too upsetting to watch.

Apparently he lives with a flatmate (some girl) and she said she never knew, but she said that she spent too much time on the bathroom.

http://www.telecinco.es/granhermano...-companera-Miguel-alucinada_2_2241255017.html

She says something like, "He spent a lot of time in the bathroom but I never imagined it"

Again: Im asking here. Show me pictures of the best wig in the planet, a wig that looks realistic and has a healthy, NW0 hairline. Where are the pics?

It's TV. Also, his hair is bad, too thick hair line. But even then, apparently they needed to search for something wrong to find it.

Keep in mind that wearing a hair system is not the same thing as getting a hair transplant when it comes to showing public results. Most want it to be a secret, beacuse of obvious reasons. While someone with a good hair transplant probably would be happy to show it off and makes it easy to find great results. I agree there are tons of bad results, and most of the pictures you are able to find is older men who want to have hair like they did at 18. Wich looks like sh*t 10 out of 10 times. I think i wrote it somewhere else here, worth it to repeat though - you need to understand hair to wear hair. Most people have no clue, and cant point out the flaws.

Anyway, here are som good hair systems:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2016-01-26-1453769212-9381318-1ShL3_09weJvDM21__itoGQ.png

http://imgur.com/HgMIknS

http://imgur.com/a/wsfKs

http://imgur.com/a/7hqkZ

http://imgur.com/a/yJfii

http://imgur.com/a/7JSPm

http://imgur.com/a/drkRM

http://imgur.com/a/JiEd9

You only notice the bad ones. Do you really think there is zero balding in hollywood? It's not perfect to wear a wig, but it's better than bald. And if hair is the only reason your life sucks, wich is what a lot of posters here claim, then wear a wig.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
https://imgur.com/a/drkRM

This one is good, i'll admit that. The rest don't show the hairline, therefore not worth it.

Where can I buy that one in black? I would NEED to SEE it in person to confirm that it's realistic enough.

Again the problem persists: Im not even NW2 yet but im balding. How do you even transition from balding to wig without no one noticing? If you shave your head and place the wig on top, the hair will start growing and creating a total mess under it, I can predict ingrowns, itch, and an absolute clusterfuck.

Not to mention the insane paranoia of: People touching your hair, playing sports with it, jumping on a pool and whatnot. Sure, it's supposed to not move, but the *what if* is still there, demolishing your mind one second at a time.

Of course, it's better than being bald, since I would never go outside my bedroom as a baldo.

Noah

Reaction score
I would NEED to SEE it in person to confirm that it's realistic enough.

There are plenty of salons where you can see these things close up, maybe meet a satisfied customer, and make up your own mind whether this solution would work for you.

Again the problem persists: Im not even NW2 yet but im balding. How do you even transition from balding to wig without no one noticing? If you shave your head and place the wig on top, the hair will start growing and creating a total mess under it, I can predict ingrowns, itch, and an absolute clusterfuck.

Not to mention the insane paranoia of: People touching your hair, playing sports with it, jumping on a pool and whatnot. Sure, it's supposed to not move, but the *what if* is still there, demolishing your mind one second at a time.

Of course, it's better than being bald, since I would never go outside my bedroom as a baldo.

Noah

Reaction score
I would NEED to SEE it in person to confirm that it's realistic enough.

There are plenty of salons where you can see these things close up, maybe meet a satisfied customer, and make up your own mind whether this solution would work for you.

How do you even transition from balding to wig without no one noticing?

Most people are using Toppik or hats to cover up their hairloss, maybe they have a holiday before they start wearing, so the transition is not too abrupt. You would be surprised how uninterested the average person is in other people's appearance.

If you shave your head and place the wig on top, the hair will start growing and creating a total mess under it, I can predict ingrowns, itch, and an absolute clusterfuck.

Not if you re-shave and reattach every 7 - 14 days. Good hygiene is important, of course.

Not to mention the insane paranoia: ... Sure, it's supposed to not move, but the *what if* is still there

Once you try one on, you realise that it is not going anywhere - the adhesive is extremely strong and reliable. But paranoia is a real issue. If you suffer from that, wearing a piece is not going to be a good solution for you.

You're kinda buggered then, aren't you? Too self-conscious to live as a bald guy, but too paranoid to do anything about it. You need to re-examine that analysis.

shookwun

Reaction score
Hair pieces do look realistic up close.

Once you find a good supplier and cut in salon then you will have a piece that undetectable at sight. you must maintain them heavily to hold this image. They are durable; but loose the conditioned feel and look in a matter of time.

However what you feel is a different story. If I had to do it all over I would go with extra light-light density at around 3 inch length all over. Light pieces mimic a naturally thick head of hair.

The length because hair pieces itself don't take on natural flow characteristics where they lay flat, twist and turn. There are free flow hair pieces but you need to understand that short styles are actually more.detectable due to the length of hair and that's it's stiche'd into a lace. When touched it will stay in a fixed position which could be a red flag. Hence why you need longer styles. Most importantly that front needs to be graduated, dead give away if it isn't.

Next and foremost, infinite is a moron with no life experience. Take a seat kid. Nothing worse then a know it all idiot who's never worn and done anything outside of apply snake oil on there head.

Wearing hair is better then being bald. All though it's not the route I will take having experimented. You will not meet a women who will eventually not find out, unless of course you plan on having one nights your entire life

TheHikingCat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Poster guy for why 'just shave your head!' is such an ignorant approach to hair loss. He goes from James Bond to almost dorky. Not that he looks that bad without hair, but anyone who says he looks just as good is blind or crazy.