mid thirties is where most guys lose their hair

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
It's obviously not true because there are guys everywhere who fit this profile with attractive enough partners, or who date attractive enough women. Re trying it for myself, you assume that I haven't. I've done fine with a shaved head in 'real life'.

I'm very surprised to hear it. I myself tried the shaved head and get in shape route and it didn't go well at all. And there are members on here who post about guys that they know who pull this off but I have never personally seen it.

What do you recommend that a NW6 guy with a shaved head should do? There must be something more than just getting in shape and getting a nice beard or stublle because that's what the majority of the bald guys on here do, and we are always complaining about how it doesn't help.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm very surprised to hear it. I myself tried the shaved head and get in shape route and it didn't go well at all. And there are members on here who post about guys that they know who pull this off but I have never personally seen it.

What do you recommend that a NW6 guy with a shaved head should do? There must be something more than just getting in shape and getting a nice beard or stublle because that's what the majority of the bald guys on here do, and we are always complaining about how it doesn't help.
Hair system like I got,hair transplant(not ideal at Norwood 6 but can improve things somewhat) or SMP(if you like the shaved head look) I don't.

And/or meds or CBD oil to care less about the issue. Which is anxiety and depression making you feel that way!

jd_uk

Reaction score

Honestly, it's hard for me to say ...

Personally I'm in what most people would consider very good shape but I think it's mainly about how you carry yourself. Confidence, humour, being outgoing..this sort of stuff. This is in real life btw..not online dating. Online dating is bad for all but perhaps the top 10-20% of guys in their 20s and early 30s. My cousin was about a NW5 from say age 26..he used topik sometimes but was clearly bald/balding and was always good with women. Is married with kids now.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Honestly, it's hard for me to say ...

Personally I'm in what most people would consider very good shape but I think it's mainly about how you carry yourself. Confidence, humour, being outgoing..this sort of stuff. This is in real life btw..not online dating. Online dating is bad for all but perhaps the top 10-20% of guys in their 20s and early 30s. My cousin was about a NW5 from say age 26..he used topik sometimes but was clearly bald/balding and was always good with women. Is married with kids now.
But what do you specifically do when carrying yourself in that way to get your dating life in order? If you do online dating, you have no chance because you're bald. If you do classical cold approach, you have no chance because you're bald (you're rejected before you finish your opening statement). Hobbies and interests are a good way to make friends, not get dates. A guy with hair has online dating, cold approach (still difficult but not a dead end) and getting visible indicators of interest from random strangers so he could come up with a systematic approach to getting his dating life in order. What does a bald guy do?

jd_uk

Reaction score
But what do you specifically do when carrying yourself in that way to get your dating life in order? If you do online dating, you have no chance because you're bald. If you do classical cold approach, you have no chance because you're bald (you're rejected before you finish your opening statement). Hobbies and interests are a good way to make friends, not get dates. A guy with hair has online dating, cold approach (still difficult but not a dead end) and getting visible indicators of interest from random strangers so he could come up with a systematic approach to getting his dating life in order. What does a bald guy do?
You've just shut down pretty much every option there (online, cold approach, hobbies) etc and blamed it all on being bald. You realise that not every single bald guy is celibate right?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
You've just shut down pretty much every option there (online, cold approach, hobbies) etc and blamed it all on being bald. You realise that not every single bald guy is celibate right?
For guys who didn't meet their romantic partners before they went bald, that would be a bit of a revelation to me. We've agreed here that online doesn't work for bald guys. Cold approach is the same and for the same reason. Whenever I try it I am dismissed before I finish my opener. And what I said about hobbies is true whether you are bald or not; it's for friends, not dates.

jd_uk

Reaction score
For guys who didn't meet their romantic partners before they went bald, that would be a bit of a revelation to me. We've agreed here that online doesn't work for bald guys. Cold approach is the same and for the same reason. Whenever I try it I am dismissed before I finish my opener. And what I said about hobbies is true whether you are bald or not; it's for friends, not dates.
Where do you live?

Online can work..it's just far less successful.

Cold approach..how you do it. But increasingly risky in today's crazy #metoo/feminist world depending on location.

Hobbies/real life...nobody says that has to be only for meeting friends. And it depends what hobbies too. Things like partner dancing definitely lead to relationships.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you?

i know two older work colleagues alone who meet their wife when they were bald. but they were both in their 30s i think.

if you are bald in your tweenties it might be more difficult simply because its not very common to be bald and that age and women that age often dont want and also dont have to settle down for bottom hairloss genetic guys

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you?

i know two older work colleagues alone who meet their wife when they were bald. but they were both in their 30s i think.

if you are bald in your tweenties it might be more difficult simply because its not very common to be bald and that age and women that age often dont want and also dont have to settle down for bottom hairloss genetic guys
Little harsh don't you think at the end there. I would assume 20 years from now they absolutely will have very good preventative care for balding. Maybe a stronger anti androgen that is localized to the scalp and a growth stimulator stronger than minoxidil. I think those creations would come out before any of your kids reach 20. I know the "cure" is always 5 years away but superior treatment is probably 10 - 20 years away.