mid thirties is where most guys lose their hair

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just an observation. majority makes it through their tweenties (maybe receeds to norwood 2) but mid thirties it starts to get brutal.

INT

Reaction score
Most guys that will end up Norwood 5 and beyond are already Norwood 3 or worse by the time they hit 30

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I've always thought that the hallmark of a winner is to make it to age 30 with Norwood 2 or less. You can not ask for more. If you turn 30 and end up Norwood 6 a week later you can still say that you led a good life.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why its very dangerous to get a hair transplant in your 20s or even 30s.

I've always thought that the hallmark of a winner is to make it to age 30 with Norwood 2 or less. You can not ask for more. If you turn 30 and end up Norwood 6 a week later you can still say that you led a good life.
Making it to 30s with NW1 is the norm. Only 30% of men in their 30s show signs of balding, and a lot of those are just NW2s, which is not that bad in your 30s. Balding in your 40s is considered more typical.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why its very dangerous to get a hair transplant in your 20s or even 30s.

Making it to 30s with NW1 is the norm. Only 30% of men in their 30s show signs of balding, and a lot of those are just NW2s, which is not that bad in your 30s. Balding in your 40s is considered more typical.
I was a nw2 at 30, now a nw2.5 at 31. I don't feel like a winner at all. Balding makes you insecure at any age prior to 50.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I was a nw2 at 30, now a nw2.5 at 31. I don't feel like a winner at all. Balding makes you insecure at any age prior to 50.
It's true that the insecurity is terrible to deal with. But I really think that the worst part of being bald is being denied a 'normal' Western male life of a young man. E.g. there are many things that a NW1 guy at 25 can do that a NW6 guy at 25 simply can not. I hope that you did some of these things. If you did, then you really are a winner compared with other guys. I believe that life isn't supposed to be easy or pleasant or nice, so if a guy makes it to age 30 with NW1 he's had his 20-30 with a normal Western male life, and I deem that to be as much of a winner as anyone can be.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's true that the insecurity is terrible to deal with. But I really think that the worst part of being bald is being denied a 'normal' Western male life of a young man. E.g. there are many things that a NW1 guy at 25 can do that a NW6 guy at 25 simply can not. I hope that you did some of these things. If you did, then you really are a winner compared with other guys. I believe that life isn't supposed to be easy or pleasant or nice, so if a guy makes it to age 30 with NW1 he's had his 20-30 with a normal Western male life, and I deem that to be as much of a winner as anyone can be.
Honestly, I understand. Actually I think your comments influenced me the most to worry about my hair loss and at least try to do something about it. I'm not married or anything so that's really my main concern. I think if I had a marriage with kids by now I wouldn't give a sh*t unless the wife did.

I think you still have hope though. I think you just have to work really hard for it. I think if you hit the gym super hard and did mma then I think you'd attract some women because there are women out there that are attracted to the really really buff guys who can fight. It's more like a "you mess with me I'm going to sic my boyfriend on you and he'll kick your ***" kind of thing. Trust me. I've seen ugly guys who were bald, poor teeth, but had a strong body and fighting skills get a decent gf. But these guys are like top 5% in power and they have a few years of mma / boxing. You'd have to work very hard to get there. But I swear to you, if you do that you will get a gf. But you gotta stop with this defeatist attitude. Stop playing video games all day and be the best shape ever.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Source?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Honestly, I understand. Actually I think your comments influenced me the most to worry about my hair loss and at least try to do something about it. I'm not married or anything so that's really my main concern. I think if I had a marriage with kids by now I wouldn't give a sh*t unless the wife did.

I think you still have hope though. I think you just have to work really hard for it. I think if you hit the gym super hard and did mma then I think you'd attract some women because there are women out there that are attracted to the really really buff guys who can fight. It's more like a "you mess with me I'm going to sic my boyfriend on you and he'll kick your ***" kind of thing. Trust me. I've seen ugly guys who were bald, poor teeth, but had a strong body and fighting skills get a decent gf. But these guys are like top 5% in power and they have a few years of mma / boxing. You'd have to work very hard to get there. But I swear to you, if you do that you will get a gf. But you gotta stop with this defeatist attitude. Stop playing video games all day and be the best shape ever.

I am in shape and I play video games for only 1 or 2 hours per week. Back when I was in my best shape ever, I got no results. I tried various topless photos on dating apps too and they all performed badly, even the one that was taken by a pro photographer. Being in shape isn't going to help a bald guy. As for MMA and boxing, I tried it when I was younger and figured out that it wasn't for me. I have huge respect for everybody that does it but I find the combat element scary. People on forums like these like to throw ideas around like get in shape, or get more friends, or improve your career or.... (lots of other stuff) and you'll overcome your baldness. Based on my experience the only way that you can overcome the baldness is through serious treatment/transplant or serious acceptance. I hope that I can find that acceptance someday and make posts on here about that, rather than how baldness ruins lives.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in shape and I play video games for only 1 or 2 hours per week. Back when I was in my best shape ever, I got no results. I tried various topless photos on dating apps too and they all performed badly, even the one that was taken by a pro photographer. Being in shape isn't going to help a bald guy. As for MMA and boxing, I tried it when I was younger and figured out that it wasn't for me. I have huge respect for everybody that does it but I find the combat element scary. People on forums like these like to throw ideas around like get in shape, or get more friends, or improve your career or.... (lots of other stuff) and you'll overcome your baldness. Based on my experience the only way that you can overcome the baldness is through serious treatment/transplant or serious acceptance. I hope that I can find that acceptance someday and make posts on here about that, rather than how baldness ruins lives.
Topless photos are going to fail on dating apps. Women hate them. Just wear a tight t shirt.

We Move

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if by "lose their hair" you mean noticeably lose their hair then yes, it doesn't usually happen in one's 20's, but Norwood 2 in your 20's in hardly "no hair loss". It's just early stage & easily concealed.

When you're young you always think you'll be fine with X,Y,Z happening by X age but the reality when you actually reach that age might be somewhat different. That said, whilst hair loss can be tough at any age, severe hair loss in your 20's - particularly early 20's - is undoubtedly a worse experience than later for obvious reasons. I remember walking round campus at 18 and seeing guys who were only a few years older than me but looked 30 because of it. It sucks that it takes your youth away so quickly.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Topless photos are going to fail on dating apps. Women hate them. Just wear a tight t shirt.
Yes I know that now. But no photo or clothing style is going to help for a NW6 guy. I've tried all sorts of combinations of my photos. I've been taking photos for years and have tested over 100 on Photo feeler. You really need above 7.5 attractiveness and that has only happened for me in photos where I was in a poorly lit area which camouflaged the thinning.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I know that now. But no photo or clothing style is going to help for a NW6 guy. I've tried all sorts of combinations of my photos. I've been taking photos for years and have tested over 100 on Photo feeler. You really need above 7.5 attractiveness and that has only happened for me in photos where I was in a poorly lit area which camouflaged the thinning.
A tan + huge muscles(body builder type) + facial stubble/beard would fix that if you plan to stay Norwood 6 and shaved...
With me I'm weakly built, pale af, a thin neck, can't grow facial hair properly.

So that's why I got a hair system.
And because I wanted a certain hairstyle.
And because I got a massive forehead and head size and look odd bald.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
A tan + huge muscles(body builder type) + facial stubble/beard would fix that if you plan to stay Norwood 6 and shaved...
With me I'm weakly built, pale af, a thin neck, can't grow facial hair properly.

So that's why I got a hair system.
And because I wanted a certain hairstyle.
And because I got a massive forehead and head size and look odd bald.
A guy with muscles, not a pale skin tone and facial stubble or beard is still doomed as a NW6. That's going to be a situation where the guy himself feels good and believes that he looks good, but nobody else will. Been there done that. It sounds like you have done the right thing by going for the hair system.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

jd_uk

Reaction score
A guy with muscles, not a pale skin tone and facial stubble or beard is still doomed as a NW6. That's going to be a situation where the guy himself feels good and believes that he looks good, but nobody else will. Been there done that. It sounds like you have done the right thing by going for the hair system.
"No one else will". This obviously isn't true.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
"No one else will". This obviously isn't true.
How is it obvious? Try it for yourself and see. Shave your head or put in a makeshift NW6 pattern, get in shape, get a nice beard or stubble and dress well. See if anybody finds you attractive.

jd_uk

Reaction score
How is it obvious? Try it for yourself and see. Shave your head or put in a makeshift NW6 pattern, get in shape, get a nice beard or stubble and dress well. See if anybody finds you attractive.
It's obviously not true because there are guys everywhere who fit this profile with attractive enough partners, or who date attractive enough women. Re trying it for myself, you assume that I haven't. I've done fine with a shaved head in 'real life'.