Microneedling Photo Results Summary

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I needle hard, hasn't affected my transplanted hair

Thank you!

1.5mm? Dermastamp?

Do you go hard as in you see blood?

I went hard as hell with 1.5mm for 3 months.

There's a spot on my left side hairline that took a hit, but I'm just hoping it's maybe some weird shock loss or something and will come back to normal...

My Doctor says its impossible to cause damage to recipient area with 1.5mm

**EDIT**

I noticed this in mid FEB 2020.

It's now April 27, I think It's recovering slowly.... I wonder if I caused shock loss perhaps and/or chopped a bunch of hairs with how aggressively I was going at it?

Last edited:

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive me if this belongs in the other microneedling thread but what’s the consensus on longer hair and being most efficient? I got have a dr pen and tried to maneuver around handfuls but I either go over the same area twice or so or feel like I’m not getting enough penetration without separating the hair. Thanks in advance

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you!

1.5mm? Dermastamp?

Do you go hard as in you see blood?

I went hard as hell with 1.5mm for 3 months.

There's a spot on my left side hairline that took a hit, but I'm just hoping it's maybe some weird shock loss or something and will come back to normal...

My Doctor says its impossible to cause damage to recipient area with 1.5mm

**EDIT**

I noticed this in mid FEB 2020.

It's now April 27, I think It's recovering slowly.... I wonder if I caused shock loss perhaps and/or chopped a bunch of hairs with how aggressively I was going at it?

1.5mm Dermaroller, Yes there is small amounts of blood. I had my transplant two years before I started rolling though

Hello43

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, a question about the procedure. I have a Dr Pen A6, just started yesterday on 1.25mm, do you press hard on your scalp as you do it? Obviously it hurts more and goes further in, but I wonder if the 1.25mm setting means that just by placing it normally on your head it’s 1.25mm or you have to press it down hard for it to be 1.25mm.

hopefully that wasn’t too confusing and wordy. Any help would be appreciated

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
1.5mm Dermaroller, Yes there is small amounts of blood. I had my transplant two years before I started rolling though

Thanks dude!

I had mine 3 yrs before needling.

Your experience made me feel a lot better, thank you.

Dermarolling is helping the recipient area?

Did you notice recipient area quality declining after a while pre-needling?

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why you think there might be a problem? After your hair transplant has healed donor hairs are just like native hairs except DHT resistant.

Ok so here's the deal.

I was using dermastamping once week or 10 days... and I also started a T3/T4 thyroid medication at the same time.

By 3 months, I noticed my left side was getting messed up. I dropped the T3/T4 meds and the dermastamp. It could have been both and the T3/T4 caused an issue too...

Worried that the transplanted hairs were damaged by my VIGOROUS dermastamping until bleeding always rountine.

Seems to be improving now though.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks dude!

I had mine 3 yrs before needling.

Your experience made me feel a lot better, thank you.

Dermarolling is helping the recipient area?

Did you notice recipient area quality declining after a while pre-needling?

I've noticed no change in the recipient area

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal.

I was using dermastamping once week or 10 days... and I also started a T3/T4 thyroid medication at the same time.

By 3 months, I noticed my left side was getting messed up. I dropped the T3/T4 meds and the dermastamp. It could have been both and the T3/T4 caused an issue too...

Worried that the transplanted hairs were damaged by my VIGOROUS dermastamping until bleeding always rountine.

Seems to be improving now though.

Were you dermastamping beyond 5mm? Because it would seem that's the only way to damage follicles.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
Were you dermastamping beyond 5mm? Because it would seem that's the only way to damage follicles.

1.5mm dermastamp, 12 needles.... what if I did it really hard tho? I regularly had blood and scabbing that would take a few days to resolve.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a typical situation I noticed. No offense to @bridgeburn and others who left the forum after claiming success. What's next? True that with the roaming idiots and their nationalist comments, it doesn't maintain an environment for folks to keep up with all that racist crap. We should get more organized around this community. Are private forums better?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use various subs in Reddit. It's a bit too dispersed but better maintained and censored by its community. Discord is another good place if you can motivate the good people to subscribe. The issues with other social platforms is the privacy aspect.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool Because this site isn't maintained well. Some time ago, this site was offline for more than 1 month. Don't understand it took so long to fix that...

Reddit also getting more popular.

All branches of reddit are populated by braindead zoomers...they are still buying into that maternal dad baldness inheritance bullshit for example or explain that finasteride works over and over again in personal blogs as if it was a brandnew insight. Ever reasonable man is unable to stomach that place.