Microneedling And Llt, Anyone Have Any Experience?

jamesband

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone used a combination of microneedling and LLT? Are there any considerations to be had when doing microneedling and LLLT? Would LLLT be beneficial or harmful immediately after microneedling or should a period of time like 24 hours be sufficient?

jamesband

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is also a belgravia study happening, but I can't post any links. Their results should be released in May

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is also a belgravia study happening, but I can't post any links. Their results should be released in May
Lllt stops inflammation so the day before needling it should help. However after next few days not sure if it should be avoided ??

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone used a combination of microneedling and LLT? Are there any considerations to be had when doing microneedling and LLLT? Would LLLT be beneficial or harmful immediately after microneedling or should a period of time like 24 hours be sufficient?
I have.

Micro needled 1.5 for 11 months and 6 months after I used LLLT for 5 months.

I still have the irestore device now and am planning to return it as it doesn’t work (for me atleast)

Got on finasteride a little less than 3 months ago too.

Don’t think microneedling is too effective without some sort of topical or inhibitor to create a good enviroment.

jamesband

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have.

Micro needled 1.5 for 11 months and 6 months after I used LLLT for 5 months.

I still have the irestore device now and am planning to return it as it doesn’t work (for me atleast)

Got on finasteride a little less than 3 months ago too.

Don’t think microneedling is too effective without some sort of topical or inhibitor to create a good enviroment.

Were you micro needling concurrently with LLLT? what was your regimen?

Microneedling and then minutes later do LLLT?

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
One experience I've had with wounding and LLT is that I get some intense itching.

I have an $800 red light therapy device which I use but I don't think I want to use it immideatly after wouding because they do opposite things. But it does make sense to me at least, to use photobiomodulation a hours after wounding, maybe like 8.

There's a wounding graph where it shows what's happening to cells as a function of time but I don't know where it is. That should help tell you when you could incorporate it.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
since the goal of LLLT is irradiate cells deeper than superficial skin , wounding should facilitate the access to these cells and improve results.
authors describe that hair is in fact an obstacle between the light source and the target cells.

I've been using my iRestore for 4 months with absolutely no effect at all. But I believe things would be worse without the machine.

make no mistake: LLLT is only like 2% of what finasteride is capable to do. using LLLT as main therapy , even with wounding, is suicide.

jamesband

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Theradome for about 9 months and finasteride for about a year. I didn't really start seeing results until I started microneedling with 1.5mm about a few weeks ago (2 sessions so far). Little hairs have sprouted along my hairline and I'm trying to determine the most effective way to use the LLLT and microneedling combo

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it sounds poorly efficient but still plausible. I think:
- LLLT would have to be done before "holes" are closed but not immediately after because of difraction/absorption light capabilities of hemoglobin in blood?
-hair should not be longer that half an inch?
I'm already tired

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any news on the trial? I can’t seem to find the results and they did say should come out in May. Thanks

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My feeling is the study didn’t do to well? They should published the results by now. Has anyone had any positive results with lllt? I started it up again a month ago but always seem to shed way too much then stop after 4-5 sessions

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
My feeling is the study didn’t do to well? They should published the results by now. Has anyone had any positive results with lllt? I started it up again a month ago but always seem to shed way too much then stop after 4-5 sessions
After only four sessions with LLT? Your own device or professional?
I watched these fellas
and they talk about the ones you can buy and the top end ones used by doctors.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After only four sessions with LLT? Your own device or professional?
I watched these fellas
and they talk about the ones you can buy and the top end ones used by doctors.
OMG device so very powerful it seemed to give a positive result the first 3-4 months I used it the first time but not committed to try that again Because of the shed

PRM

Reaction score
it sounds poorly efficient but still plausible. I think:
- LLLT would have to be done before "holes" are closed but not immediately after because of difraction/absorption light capabilities of hemoglobin in blood?
-hair should not be longer that half an inch?
I'm already tired

I had two microneedling sessions done at my dermatologist clinic and the LLLT was done right after them. I use the same protocol at home. So i suppose that there's no problem to do it a few minutes later.