Microdosing Question - Dissolving Finasteride In Rum?

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
It only dissolves in alcohol, but the mini amount you would be taking is not even noticeable. I would think it is a religious rule to prevent people from getting drunk all the time. This has nothing to do with getting drunk, it is your choice eventually.
Thanks alot. I think I will go with alcohol.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you drink a glass of orange juice (often contains a surprising amount of natural ethanol, why do you think the drunks at the alcoholic anonymous meetings are always chugging lots of OJ?), you've probably consumed more alcohol than you will have consumed by using a small amount of vodka as a carrier solvent for microdosing finasteride.

Besides, for this purpose the alcohol would be medication, not an intoxicant.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
any idea about non-alcoholic solutions that I can use? I prefer not to consume any alcohol for religious reasons.
I think finasteride dissolves in oils, you might try olive oil or something, but I'm not sure.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
This is an excerpt from a chemical company that sells crystallized finasteride. The company is Cayman Chemical in US.

For long term storage, we suggest that finasteride be stored as supplied [crystal solid] at -20°C. It should be stable for
at least two years.
Finasteride is supplied as a crystalline solid. A stock solution may be made by dissolving the finasteride
in the solvent of choice. Finasteride is soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, DMSO, and dimethyl
formamide (DMF), which should be purged with an inert gas. The solubility of finasteride in ethanol and DMF
is approximately 25 mg/ml and approximately 16 mg/ml in DMSO.
Finasteride is sparingly soluble in aqueous buffers. For maximum solubility in aqueous buffers, finasteride
should first be dissolved in ethanol and then diluted with the aqueous buffer of choice. Finasteride has a
solubility of approximately 0.5 mg/ml in a 1:1 solution of ethanol: PBS (pH 7.2) using this method. We do not
recommend storing the aqueous solution for more than one day.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will also be using this method, but not for a couple of weeks. I bought a 100 ml bottle and will disolve a 5mg tab in everclear and then take .5 ml until i increase to 1ml which is .05 grams of finasteride eod. Im still on the fence with finasteride but if I do go that route this is the way ill choose.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will also be using this method, but not for a couple of weeks. I bought a 100 ml bottle and will disolve a 5mg tab in everclear and then take .5 ml until i increase to 1ml which is .05 grams of finasteride eod. Im still on the fence with finasteride but if I do go that route this is the way ill choose.

I started with 0.04mg every day, i did put in a 1mg tab though as i'm not sure how long it will be stable at room temp. When i felt comfortable and did not get nasty side effects i started upping the dosage slowly to 1mg over a longish period of time.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but can I ask why no one ever just gets a scale suitable to small weights, crushes the pill, does a bit of number-crunching as well, weighs a dose at equivalent .05mg, and sticks it in a veggie capsule? This is my plan, so I'd love to hear if this would be ineffective for some reason. It just seems like dosing it in alcohol is a pain in the *** in regards to storage, etc.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but can I ask why no one ever just gets a scale suitable to small weights, crushes the pill, does a bit of number-crunching as well, weighs a dose at equivalent .05mg, and sticks it in a veggie capsule? This is my plan, so I'd love to hear if this would be ineffective for some reason. It just seems like dosing it in alcohol is a pain in the *** in regards to storage, etc.

Because dissolving it in alcohol is easier.

Reactions: Alk

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yarrr, pirate rum :)

When i disolved my finasteride i started out with 40% vodka, i crushed up the pill with the back of a lil spoon and put it in there. I got some pretty strong reactions to it (hair started shedding like crazy and nads where hurting), so it was safe to asume that did the trick. So the % is totally fine, i dont know about the ingredients.. Absynthe also worked great.

Best of luck!
nads hurting? i didn't even get that side effects on oral finasteride. wth