Miconazole Nitrate 2% absorption rate

MsMetamorphose

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the minimum length of time one can leave Mico 2% Cream on the scalp before shampooing? (to obtain sufficient benefits from the Miconazole).

For example, would enough Miconazole Nitrate be absorbed after 4 hours? 6 hrs? ... Or do you REALLY have to leave the Mico Cream on your scalp for 12+ hrs for proper absorption?

(I have long, fine, noticeably thinning/thin hair, so leaving all this gunk on my hair for long periods of time is proving embarrassing! It looks lank, stringy & even thinner and stragglier than usual. Ugh - hair loss is CRUEL!)

Thanks for any opinions on MN.

MsMetamorphose

Reaction score
Does ANYONE answer questions on this forum? I joined HairLossTalk.com after lurking for a couple months and thinking what an informative community you were on Androgenetic Alopecia and how wonderfully you SHARED that information.

Im feeling a little ostracised here as NONE of my posts have been answered (albeit i only joined a couple days ago... but would be nice for someone to answer something i posted, even if its just to say hi!). xx

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it time, and feel free to "Bump" (just type bump) on your threads if they don't get a response after a few days.

Admin

MsMetamorphose

Reaction score
LOL< theres no instructions for applying to scalp, seeing as it's an off-label use, and there's no mention of Mico's absorption rate on the packaging. x

resu

Reaction score
I imagine there won't be instructions for the scalp but surely they state how to apply it on the vagina, just follow the same guidelines.

MsMetamorphose

Reaction score
It doesnt state how long the Mico has to be in contact with the skin before washing, for proper absorption of the active ingredient on my package, no. x

TheDawkter

Reaction score
It doesnt state how long the Mico has to be in contact with the skin before washing, for proper absorption of the active ingredient on my package, no. x

Hey so you're not using it for antifungal purposes so whatever it says on the box, per se, goes out the window.

Nobody has done a study about it so we don't know how it works yet for sure. You could read the literature to find out more though. We would assume it wouldnt work in the same way for its antifungal properties as for its hair growth, so your question is a good one.

You can buy the Lotrimin Spray for athlete's foot which has miconazole and sprays on practically dry. I put it on my scalp and leave it, after a shower. I started two days ago. We'll see results or side effects.

sixsix5

Reaction score
why does it matter?

just put the stuff on and hope for the best!!!!

I swear some of you guys just go ovearboard!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
why does it matter?

just put the stuff on and hope for the best!!!!

I swear some of you guys just go ovearboard!

LOL! I totally agree! people comes up with the most stupid questions sometimes on this board. Also 2% is weak as ****. get the 4% if you want to have great results.

Wolfstar27

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get 4% in the UK, I'm currently using 2% as thats the only one I can find here

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get 4% in the UK, I'm currently using 2% as thats the only one I can find here

Is there anywhere to get the Miconazole Nitrate powder?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Are you achieving improvements at this dose? Thanx!

Wolfstar27

Reaction score
I think I am, my hair feels as it has more density, and rubbing my fingers through I feel small thick bristles of hair, Ive only applied it once at night before I go to bed...but I've been reading that 4% is more better and for better effect...but seeing if I can find it in the UK...which I can only find 2%

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx. I'll look into it myself. Keep sharing and best wishes!