Mental Health Is More Important Than Hairloss

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mental health doesn't improve with male pattern baldness, its negative psychological effects are well documented. If you are struggling now with a full head of hair excessive balding would utterly destroy you.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
he was always a full head, have you seen his pics? lmfao.

I have diffusing thinning and maintaining cause I’m on the big 3 . Big difference between being fullhead and being on treatment. Also my hair still isn’t thick enough to style.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Mental health doesn't improve with male pattern baldness, its negative psychological effects are well documented. If you are struggling now with a full head of hair excessive balding would utterly destroy you.

Well I won’t disagree here. Being bald makes things even worse. The only point I was trying to make was that even having hair doesn’t make you happy when you have mental health problems. But I suppose it would be even worse when you are fully bald.

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea this,

I've always had mental issues, obsessivness, body dismorphia , anxiety , baldness is death.
So have I. I've always had paranoia about all kinds of things. I remember as a child being obsessed about scratches and dents, whether they were on the underside of a CD disc, my desk or Playstation. I also felt the need to reset my computer every few days, because I was obsessed about installing everything perfectly.

Some of this stuff may not make any sense to you, but they are real examples. I think my obsession about hair loss is mainly genetic (as well as the actual hair loss). I don't think getting back a full head of hair (even if I could) would solve all my problems, it would merely be replaced by the next biggest problem on the list. There's always problems to worry about, it's just that some are worse than others.

When I finally go to a hair transplant consultation and the doctor asks me why I want it done. I will say I want to increase my average levels of confidence, my average levels of self esteem and my average levels of life satisfaction. I would make it clear that I do not expect it to solve all my worries in life, but I would expect it to modestly improve the overall quality of it.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So have I. I've always had paranoia about all kinds of things. I remember as a child being obsessed about scratches and dents, whether they were on the underside of a CD disc, my desk or Playstation. I also felt the need to reset my computer every few days, because I was obsessed about installing everything perfectly.

Some of this stuff may not make any sense to you, but they are real examples. I think my obsession about hair loss is mainly genetic (as well as the actual hair loss). I don't think getting back a full head of hair (even if I could) would solve all my problems, it would merely be replaced by the next biggest problem on the list. There's always problems to worry about, it's just that some are worse than others.

When I finally go to a hair transplant consultation and the doctor asks me why I want it done. I will say I want to increase my average levels of confidence, my average levels of self esteem and my average levels of life satisfaction. I would make it clear that I do not expect it to solve all my worries in life, but I would expect it to modestly improve the overall quality of it.
"Modestly" LMAOOOOOO. you must be a nw2

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't it get tiring to post the same sh*t over and over?Since a while you are directing your rage into claiming everyone else is just pretending to be bald to make sure no one has it as bad as you do.
He knows he's ill. But he's still blaming hair loss for it, which is really amazing when you think about it. Denial is a monster.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He knows he's ill. But he's still blaming hair loss for it, which is really amazing when you think about it. Denial is a monster.
i'm norwood 6 , 5'6, and small framed (like guy below). meanwhile guys here are normal height, norwood 3 or minor diffusion (like disfiguredyoungman) and complaining. just lmao wtf am i supposed to say to all that sh*t?

also disfigured dont you get tired of pretending your problems are significant?

500_F_33688544_2YtkgRbkeNPF1sd9MKBrdA2DYJxYQAjJ.jpg

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't it get tiring to post the same sh*t over and over?Since a while you are directing your rage into claiming everyone else is just pretending to be bald to make sure no one has it as bad as you do.
i honestly couldnt even tell much hair loss in your picture. and that was at the worst possible angle too LMAO

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
i honestly couldnt even tell much hair loss in your picture. and that was at the worst possible angle too LMAO

I had long hair, a combover and you could still see my scalp at any angle. That was 3 months post finasteride, I probably don't have even half of that hair nowadays, which forces me to buzz down. Everyone arround me calls me a bald f*** except for you who insists that I am a fullhead in denial.

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Modestly" LMAOOOOOO. you must be a nw2
With the greatest respect, I am definitely not one of those early balding guys. I've been balding since around 14 — I'm 30 now. Here's my hair with me facing the window in the middle of the day, to allow for the thinning to show up more. I'd say it's an average photo of my hair. It can look worse than this in more intense light, but it can also look better in dimmer light. I have a receding hairline and thinning all over, particularly at the crown. With finasteride and minoxidil, I've managed to pretty much have the same hair for the past five years. I do wish I had started them earlier, but don't we all? Nevertheless, I am aiming to get a hair transplant within the next couple of years.

Attachments

• IMG_0117 (1).png
    IMG_0117 (1).png
    163.5 KB · Views: 147