Men’s Hair Loss Study - Dermresearch

efedrez

Reaction score
Efedrez
Yep i talked to them also and got almost the same response. The shorter trial requires a daily visit for two weeks to recieve dosage. That puts me out as im 3 hours away from their office.

The longer test may be doable. She did tell me it involved two LARGE pills a day, which leads me still think seti. She wouldnt verify the meds cause her boss is out till next week and she didnt want to violate anything.

If they can tell me what the meds are, and i think its worthwhile, then ill try to participate. She said she will get back w me when her boss returns

Thanks chammpy, I hope it works out for you

I agree the shorter treatment sound worthless plus with those time frames it sounds like a safety trial for sure.

Keep us posted if you decide to go for it

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ill give her a call on monday and see if they can tell me anything further. Im in dallas so the 8 austin trips would suck, but if it helps the hair ill do it

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nope. I worked two jobs and had my little girl w me today so there was no free time to call. Hopefully i can get back w her tomorrow.
Sorry for the let down guys :(

ossrey

Reaction score
I spoke with her last Friday and can confirm that it's Seti. As mentioned in this thread, there are two trials, one of which is topical and requires continual visits (a problem for me being in the Dallas area), the other of which is pill-based and requires fewer. I believe there is one other thing that goes along with the Seti, but I couldn't get the name. Sorry to be unhelpful!

I may get back on the phone with her to get more details. What do you guys think would have greater efficacy? Pill or topical?

Also, could someone do me a solid and let me know if you think I meet the "golf ball size" requirement for balding? I'm pushing it, and I'm afraid I wouldn't make the cut (for better or for worse, that is -- being Norwood 2-2.5ish, I know I won't get much sympathy!). Just want some second opinions before I make the drive out to Austin, because they won't accept pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 398

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
I may get back on the phone with her to get more details. What do you guys think would have greater efficacy? Pill or topical?

Also, could someone do me a solid and let me know if you think I meet the "golf ball size" requirement for balding? I'm pushing it, and I'm afraid I wouldn't make the cut (for better or for worse, that is -- being Norwood 2-2.5ish, I know I won't get much sympathy!). Just want some second opinions before I make the drive out to Austin, because they won't accept pictures.

I think I remember a member (Hellouser?) saying that topical is best since most of setipiprant is wasted when taken systemically. Haven't researched it myself so better wait for another user to chime in. Plus, potentially less side effects.

I'd say you'd qualify for the "golf ball size" balding but I'm betting they'd rather have a nice bare area to monitor instead of receded temples and a diffused hairline. Worth a try, IMO.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I remember a member (Hellouser?) saying that topical is best since most of setipiprant is wasted when taken systemically. Haven't researched it myself so better wait for another user to chime in. Plus, potentially less side effects.

I'd say you'd qualify for the "golf ball size" balding but I'm betting they'd rather have a nice bare area to monitor instead of receded temples and a diffused hairline. Worth a try, IMO.

When I asked she said the gold ball area didn't have to be slick bald, just thinning.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Called today and got more details on the study;

She told me the active ingredients were finasteride and another word she admitted she couldnt pronounce, but it sounded like 'tetrasteride'
I did a search for this drug and came up with 'tetracosactide'. Maybe this is it, but im just guessing at this point.

Either way, she didnt say a thing about setipiprant to me... I really thought it was seti but now I have doubt

She also told me she thinks this drug is in Phase 1 testing...

The other interesting thing she said is that she believes the medication includes a rogaine (minoxidil) like drug???? So is this some new anti-DHT+hair growth combo they are working on? Im disappointed that it doesnt really seem to be a new treatment, rather a colaboration of the same old stuff we have (except for that tetra*** ingredient)

The drug consists of (2) 1 inch long pills that are taken daily, at the same time. Something about their ingredients need to be taken together.

Thats pretty much all I got from here. Very nice lady. Im leaning towards not participation since im already on finasteride/dutasteride/Rogaine currently. Seems redundant