Men’s Hair Loss Study - Dermresearch | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Men’s Hair Loss Study - Dermresearch

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by efedrez, Jul 1, 2016.

1. efedrez

efedrez Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,

I received an invitation to be part of a hair loss study from DermResearch in Austin, which I believe was one of the clinics conducting the CB study a few months ago.

It doesn't say for what product/compound it is, so was wondering if anyone might have a clue or have also heard about it.

Below the link and little information they are sharing in their invitation form:

upload_2016-7-1_20-13-22.png

2. Tomtom21

Tomtom21 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 99% sure that is the setipiprant study about to begin

3. Pray The Bald Away

Pray The Bald Away Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You lucky SOB...

4. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have a bald spot, so I guess I'm out. That's ok though, I don't want to stop using minoxidil and finasteride. I would only do that for replicel, histogen, or hair cloning.

5. hwezdarik

hwezdarik Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I reckon it is for SETI and I would not go for it. Imagine you end up being in a placebo group :D

6. Knockin on nw4

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It clearly states no placebo group.

7. Knockin on nw4

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Do it OP. If it is Seti, you'd probably be on a higher dose than most everyone else online. At least call the number and ask what drug is being trialed.

Kirby likes this.
  8. efedrez

efedrez Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, it look like it is for SETI indeed.

I will give them a call next week to get more information and find out if I'm a good candidate.

Will keep you post it if I decide/can go for the study

I.D WALKER likes this.
  9. hwezdarik

hwezdarik Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Please let us know what study it is. I believe seti is trialed at 1 mg 2x a day or 0,5 mg 2x a day, not sure.

10. Knockin on nw4

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If u take hair meds lie your *** off and say you've never taken anything.

11. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Getting paid for a hair loss study, well that's nice isn't it :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    That's not ethical. If people do that it will skew the results of the study.

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  13. champpy

champpy Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I responded to This research group I offered myself for the trials. I live in Dallas so hopefully if they accept me I can make the short drive to Austin and be a part of this

Knockin on nw4 and I.D WALKER like this.
  14. Knockin on nw4

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Like the fda and patent laws are? It's not double blind any way.

15. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Does that matter? Do you want to know if these new drugs work or not? You're not going to find out if everybody who signs up to test them is on half a dozen other hair meds.

16. efedrez

efedrez Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,

I just talked to the clinic hopping to get more details about the study and was able to gather some information:

The person I talked to didn't disclosure the names of the compounds being tested but she mentioned that it was not for Setipiprant.

She did mentioned however that currently they are conducting 2 studies plus one that is on hold (hopefully that is not the setipiprant one).

The first one is and oral treatment, in late stage of studies (whatever that means), involving 2 pills per day for a period of 3 months. (That one pays 1250$ and has very little to nonce chances of placebo)

The second one is for a topical compound that will take 66 days in total with the bulk of analysis during the first 14 days which pays 1500 $.

For both you have to be out of any hair loss medication for 28 days and have to be located around the Austin area.

I won't be able to apply due to the location restriction since it requires multiples visit to the clinic but hopefully someone else can benefit from it and share some light with the rest of us.

@champpy, I believe you are located around the area and also applied online...I will recommend to give them a call at 512-349-0500 as she told me that they are late reviewing the application but over the phone they will give you an appointment right away

I.D WALKER, Kirby and pegasus2 like this.
  17. champpy

champpy Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Efedrez
    Yep i talked to them also and got almost the same response. The shorter trial requires a daily visit for two weeks to recieve dosage. That puts me out as im 3 hours away from their office.

The longer test may be doable. She did tell me it involved two LARGE pills a day, which leads me still think seti. She wouldnt verify the meds cause her boss is out till next week and she didnt want to violate anything.

If they can tell me what the meds are, and i think its worthwhile, then ill try to participate. She said she will get back w me when her boss returns

I.D WALKER and pegasus2 like this.
  18. Knockin on nw4

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    sounds like 2 500mg seti doses daily.

19. abcdefg

abcdefg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Its not ethical to lie and register for the trial anyway. You cant figure out if the treatment works if everyone lies saying they arent on minoxidil or whatever when they really are. All the hair growth is just the minoxidil then.
    No wonder trials and drugs end up costing a fortune. They pay every single guy more then a grand? Thats insane they should be paying like travel expenses plus maybe a hundred bucks at most.
    The most positive thing about this is that is actually 2 new treatments that could someday come out. Something is better then the nothing we had the last 25 years since propecia.

pegasus2 likes this.
  20. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    First one does sound like Seti, but she wouldn't have any reason to lie about it. If it was Seti I imagine she just would've said she can't say. I have zero faith in seti to even match finasteride, so I wouldn't bother. The topical sounds interesting. Only 2 months, and the bulk of analysis in 14 days? The topical sounds like a phase I safety study. Three months isn't long to be off other treatments, but I'd only bother if I needed the money.