Men’s Hair Loss Study - Dermresearch

efedrez

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I received an invitation to be part of a hair loss study from DermResearch in Austin, which I believe was one of the clinics conducting the CB study a few months ago.

It doesn't say for what product/compound it is, so was wondering if anyone might have a clue or have also heard about it.

Below the link and little information they are sharing in their invitation form:

upload_2016-7-1_20-13-22.png

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have a bald spot, so I guess I'm out. That's ok though, I don't want to stop using minoxidil and finasteride. I would only do that for replicel, histogen, or hair cloning.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
I reckon it is for SETI and I would not go for it. Imagine you end up being in a placebo group :D

Knockin on nw4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do it OP. If it is Seti, you'd probably be on a higher dose than most everyone else online. At least call the number and ask what drug is being trialed.

efedrez

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it look like it is for SETI indeed.

I will give them a call next week to get more information and find out if I'm a good candidate.

Will keep you post it if I decide/can go for the study

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Please let us know what study it is. I believe seti is trialed at 1 mg 2x a day or 0,5 mg 2x a day, not sure.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If u take hair meds lie your *** off and say you've never taken anything.

That's not ethical. If people do that it will skew the results of the study.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like the fda and patent laws are? It's not double blind any way.

Does that matter? Do you want to know if these new drugs work or not? You're not going to find out if everybody who signs up to test them is on half a dozen other hair meds.

efedrez

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just talked to the clinic hopping to get more details about the study and was able to gather some information:

The person I talked to didn't disclosure the names of the compounds being tested but she mentioned that it was not for Setipiprant.

She did mentioned however that currently they are conducting 2 studies plus one that is on hold (hopefully that is not the setipiprant one).

The first one is and oral treatment, in late stage of studies (whatever that means), involving 2 pills per day for a period of 3 months. (That one pays 1250$ and has very little to nonce chances of placebo)

The second one is for a topical compound that will take 66 days in total with the bulk of analysis during the first 14 days which pays 1500 $.

For both you have to be out of any hair loss medication for 28 days and have to be located around the Austin area.

I won't be able to apply due to the location restriction since it requires multiples visit to the clinic but hopefully someone else can benefit from it and share some light with the rest of us.

@champpy, I believe you are located around the area and also applied online...I will recommend to give them a call at 512-349-0500 as she told me that they are late reviewing the application but over the phone they will give you an appointment right away

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Efedrez
Yep i talked to them also and got almost the same response. The shorter trial requires a daily visit for two weeks to recieve dosage. That puts me out as im 3 hours away from their office.

The longer test may be doable. She did tell me it involved two LARGE pills a day, which leads me still think seti. She wouldnt verify the meds cause her boss is out till next week and she didnt want to violate anything.

If they can tell me what the meds are, and i think its worthwhile, then ill try to participate. She said she will get back w me when her boss returns

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its not ethical to lie and register for the trial anyway. You cant figure out if the treatment works if everyone lies saying they arent on minoxidil or whatever when they really are. All the hair growth is just the minoxidil then.
No wonder trials and drugs end up costing a fortune. They pay every single guy more then a grand? Thats insane they should be paying like travel expenses plus maybe a hundred bucks at most.
The most positive thing about this is that is actually 2 new treatments that could someday come out. Something is better then the nothing we had the last 25 years since propecia.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
First one does sound like Seti, but she wouldn't have any reason to lie about it. If it was Seti I imagine she just would've said she can't say. I have zero faith in seti to even match finasteride, so I wouldn't bother. The topical sounds interesting. Only 2 months, and the bulk of analysis in 14 days? The topical sounds like a phase I safety study. Three months isn't long to be off other treatments, but I'd only bother if I needed the money.