Meiji Seika Pharma teams up with Dr. Tsuji of the Riken Center

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have developed technology to grow hair follicles using stem cells, as hair follicles are one of the few organs where we always have stem cells ready. We hope to be able to start clinical trials in the next few years so that the treatment can move into the clinic.
I like the sound of that!

- - - Updated - - -

He sounds like a real free market minded guy. When I didn't think I could love him any more! It's good to know he's not complacent doing research without clinical application.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cure is right around the corner. Pretty much every researcher is right on the cusp of figuring it all out completely. Those that say 'another 30 years' are so wrong, lol. We're definitely going to have a solution and know the meaning of privilege again.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
If that is true, thank god there is actually someone out there who does research not for the purpose of researching and publishing 3-4 different papers from every lousy rodent model, but aiming for actual clinical application. In Tsuji we trust!

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in couple of years he will start clinical trials and he will need another 5-6 years.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, in couple of years he will start clinical trials and he will need another 5-6 years.
Ten years would be absolutely fantastic for a cure to such a complex disease. I'm not sure what you expected.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does he still need a 'few years' before beginning trials? Good news, but I was hoping more 5-7 years than 10+ years

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL,, you're 17 my friend - you could be slick bald at 27, but with a true cure in 10 years, you'd be fine for the majority of your life.

Not gonna happen. I just got on finasteride after turning 18. I understand where you're coming from though. On one hand, it's devestating that I have hair loss at such a young age. On the other, I'm young enough to where male pattern baldness will probably be cured before my youth is over. Regardless, I don't see this takibg more than seven years to be commercialized provided he begins trials by 2020

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont understand the years to trial either. Why drag this on so long. Does it need to go thru animal testing first

- - - Updated - - -

Man, once scientist finally can grow human skin in a lab, can you imagine how much faster trials of all type will be. That will be the day

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
It depends on your current situation. If you're a diffuse NW2 or 3, then hopefully this won't be relevant at all. If you are slick bald then it may be your only hope.

I'm not sure they've ever said anything about it only working for certain norwoods right? I was under the impression if you did the injections more than once there really was no limit as to how effective it could be, but maybe I'm wrong...

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
It won't help me that much in 10-15 years as I'll be a old man (around 40 years) lol. But truth being told future looks bright especially for all you young guys out there!

old?? i'm almost 43, been fighting this war since 17 and still waiting for something like tsuji...
you're never old enough to let go and be bald, esp. if you had transplants...

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
old?? i'm almost 43, been fighting this war since 17 and still waiting for something like tsuji...
you're never old enough to let go and be bald, esp. if you had transplants...

This.

I'm 27, at 65 I want a luxurious white mane.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would hairs like this pass the necessary cosmetic threshold to be replicated on a large scale across a entire human scalp?

caberato2.jpg

hairregenerationstemcell1-5.jpg

If the hairs were to grow out looking like this on human test subjects, I would be quite concerned by their appearance. The hairs look brittle, coarse and directionally uneven.

They don't look like healthy hairs to me and I can't imagine such hairs looking aesthetically appealing grown out long.

It looks like they're missing a certain something. Maybe the fact they're growing on mice might have to do with it, or it might be something else.

Last edited:

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
@Swoop i think its about time you reached out to Tsuji to get thatupdate you never got on account of the earthquake two months ago... Thoughts?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
@Swoop i think its about time you reached out to Tsuji to get thatupdate you never got on account of the earthquake two months ago... Thoughts?

I think I saw Swoop comment recently that the bulge of the something cell is still an obstacle for him. I don't know how recent that last update was though. Anyway, you shouldn't be telling Swoop what to do.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would definitely like to hear from Tsuji. He's really the only hope I have for ever getting a beard or a brad pitt hairline.