Mechanism Of Androgenic Alopecia Paper

Otis Mack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to emphasize the importance of the proposed scleroderma noted by the researchers in 1st post.

Most would say the shininess of the balding scalp is due to sebum. But the problem with that is sebum levels DECLINE with age while Androgenetic Alopecia in males and females INCREASE with age.

The shininess is actually coming from the scleroderma which pulls the skin tight.

Otis Mack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.ejdv.eg.net/article.asp?...=33;issue=2;spage=63;epage=66;aulast=El-Esawy

Ahouansou et al. [10] reported an elevated prevalence of hypertension among men with Androgenetic Alopecia, and it has been proposed that both phenomena may be explained by the presence of hyperaldosteronism. Another study [11] reported that chronic elevation of circulatory levels of aldosterone led to increased anxiety. This explained why some patients with Androgenetic Alopecia may occasionally show heightened anxiety levels.

We observed that aldosterone values were significantly higher (P < 0.05) among hypertensive cases and that they were lower in hypertensive controls.

Our result was similar to those of Arias-Santiagos et al. [12],[13] ; however, they concluded that the increase in aldosterone values in these patients might contribute to other mechanisms in the development of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Serge et al. [17] also observed that overexpression of a mineralocorticoid receptor targeting the skin in a double transgenic mouse model induced the development of alopecia

. Similarly, a study published in 2001 [20] unmasked the association between increased aldosterone levels and insulin resistance, which confirmed Matilainen et al.'s [21] observation that excess circulating insulin could lead to vasoconstriction and nutritional deficiency in the follicles of the scalp, thus exacerbating the effect of dihydrotestosterone on follicular miniaturization.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
We still despite efforts didn't find the cause of baldness and there had been pretty good effort and attention paid in this area.I think we will never know the root cause of baldness.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score