Mature Hairline or Balding? pics

northnorth

Reaction score
I turned 20 in April and I justkind of think that I am going bald. I am very self conscious (sp?) about it.. My family doesn't think I am balding, a random hair dresses where I get my shampoo at said that I wasn't balding (didn't even ask her, an employee was helping me and she said something about thin hair etc).

The catch is my whole side of my dads family is bald. I've heard that you get you're hairline through your mother's father, but he died in his late 30's. He had blonde hair just like me and wasn't going bald

right above my pinky is where it ends

427.jpg

428.jpg

Just kind of developed that little indent into my forehead

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
You can get any non-androgenic form of balding from your father's side of the family. You've definitely got some temple recession going on there along with what might possibly be some thinning in the front right as well. Luckily you're blonde so you've naturally got a denser amount of follicles to cover up the damage for a while.

Technically a mature hairline is what it's called when someone get's their hair loss under control before they lose everything. So basically it's up to you, will it be a mature hairline or baldness?

northnorth

Reaction score
Brains Expel Hair said:
You can get any non-androgenic form of balding from your father's side of the family. You've definitely got some temple recession going on there along with what might possibly be some thinning in the front right as well. Luckily you're blonde so you've naturally got a denser amount of follicles to cover up the damage for a while.

Technically a mature hairline is what it's called when someone get's their hair loss under control before they lose everything. So basically it's up to you, will it be a mature hairline or baldness?

That's great, I laughed a little at that

Thank you for your post

Right now, I take finasteride and have been for about... 6 months? I also you nizoral 2% once a week. I am thinking about taking midox, not sure if I want to.. but I will.

My hair just messes with me constantly and makes me trip.

dhill80

Reaction score
It looks like your recession is in line with your sideburns- which, according to my dermatologist, is a mature hairline. I had a good friend who had a hairline like yours at age 17. He's 32 now, and his hairline hasn't changed a bit. If you're concerned, see a doctor before jumping on medicines because strangers you don't know on an internet forum say you're balding.

northnorth

Reaction score
dhill80 said:
It looks like your recession is in line with your sideburns- which, according to my dermatologist, is a mature hairline. I had a good friend who had a hairline like yours at age 17. He's 32 now, and his hairline hasn't changed a bit. If you're concerned, see a doctor before jumping on medicines because strangers you don't know on an internet forum say you're balding.

seriously, thanks man

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
dhill80 said:

My hairline was deeply receded, coming onto NW3 terrain (I am definitely balding), and still was further forward than my side-burns. I think that term is very over simplified and definitely isn't generalisable for everyone.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
dhill80 said:

No way Jose! Hair loss is determined by miniaturization, not where your hairline sits in vertical relation to your sideburns. Your dermatologist makes a gross oversimplification about hair loss with his little theory. You can see clear recession on the left temple in the first picture. I don't care where his sideburns are!