Masturbation and shedding

Reaction score
JohnJohns1988 said:
Ugh..after reading this stuff I'm getting worried. I will be living with my girlfriend for a month in january and 3 whole months soon after that. Am I not going to have sex with her because of stuff I read online? That could mess up our relationship. This sucks..lol

No you WILL have sex. Like I said, even if sex lead to baldness, which I doubt it does, what's the point of having hair if you won't even get to enjoy sex?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was going to say look at the religious community for examples of celibate guys who have still lost their hair but ...eh...most of them are banging their housekeepers aren't they?

JohnJohns1988

Reaction score
wannakeepitall said:
JohnJohns1988 said:
Ugh..after reading this stuff I'm getting worried. I will be living with my girlfriend for a month in january and 3 whole months soon after that. Am I not going to have sex with her because of stuff I read online? That could mess up our relationship. This sucks..lol

No you WILL have sex. Like I said, even if sex lead to baldness, which I doubt it does, what's the point of having hair if you won't even get to enjoy sex?
Hmm, true. But now this is on my mind I think it could effect how much sex we have per day. I had my worst shed(I never thought about hairloss whatsoever before this) towards the end of a month long sex binge. I need to know if it is related or just a coincidence. I haven't experienced thinning on the crown and my hairline is slightly receded(mature?). I worry that after 3 months of too much sex if I really have male pattern baldness it will start thinning.
EDIT: I realize that when my girlfriend lived with me I could go days without a shower and my hair was the longest it has ever been in my life. This is a much better explanation for the increased amount of hairs noticed in the shower, not the sex. Its not that I'm a dirty slob..it was just that the place we were living in had a crummy shower with low pressure so it wasn't necessary to shower often. When we stay at a decent hotel I take showers every night. My "mature" hairline could have started at any time in the past few years..I haven't noticed thinning on top and I havent really noticed my hairline progressing in a decent amount of time. I'm going to sex it up next month and wash my hair daily and see what happens.

Hair'sMyProblem

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I’ve stumbled upon HairLossTalk.com very recently and decided to join the forums and plan my own regimen to maintain the hair I have left and hopefully thicken it up. But then I came across this post about ejaculation affecting the health of our hair and I felt a strong need to toss in my 2 cents.

It’s currently December of 2009. At the beginning of spring this year, I met a girl from Austria who was staying here in the U.S. working as an au pair. She was bored, lonely, etc., (and amazingly gorgeous) and she was looking for a companion during her stay. When I was with her we were having sex maybe once a week on average. During that time my hair felt “ normal,†meaning I wasn’t panicking about my hair loss very much. I knew I was losing my hair, but my hair felt somewhat strong and I could still style it and have confidence in myself.

When August of 2009 came, she had to go back to Austria because her au pair job had expired. After she left I must have really missed having her around because I found myself masturbating like crazy. I whacked it at least once a day for several months on end. Sometimes twice or more in a day. And I didn’t go a single day without masturbation unless I was sick. It was a lot of masturbating. More than I’d ever done in the past.

Here’s the crazy thing: Around early/mid November 2009, after a solid two and a half months of daily ejaculations, I started to notice my hair feeling extra thin. It felt so weak and brittle that I couldn’t even style it. All the density it once had was lost. Plus, I was shedding much more than usual. It was starting to scare me because I was shedding so much and my confidence was GONE. Completely gone. At the end of November (started on Thanksgiving, actually) I decided to change my habits. I stopped masturbating so much. I’ve masturbated once in the past week and will try to keep it to 1-2 ejaculations per week for a while. I also started drinking 2-3 cups of green tea per day. Now, I’m not sure if it was the green tea or the decrease in masturbation (or both), but in the past two weeks since I changed my habits my hair has ALREADY started to feel stronger. Obviously, no hair has grown back because that’s not possible in two weeks and I'm not even expecting it to grow back. But I can definitely style it better, disguise the thin spots easier, and it has a little more density than it did before. I know it sounds crazy, but it’s true.

So does this prove that frequent ejaculation makes men go bald? No. Does it qualify as scientific evidence to support the theory behind this thread? No. It could all be coincidence. BUT… I must admit... I would not be the least bit surprised if someone were to discover that ejaculation somehow raises DHT levels and accelerates hair loss in men susceptible to male pattern baldness.

So here’s my advice to any single guys out there who are suffering from male pattern baldness. Seriously, try cutting down to 1 or 2 jerk sessions a week if you’re jerking daily. I know it’s hard to cut down at first, but give it a shot. Drink some green tea too. Hopefully you’ll feel the same positive effects I did :)

-Ryan

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
you say that your hair felt stronger after 2 weeks of less masturbation. no offense dude, but id imagine that anything you do for your hair would take at least 2 months to show up.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
anybody heard a hardcore masterbating guy ..still if you say no mean that i am hear for a hardcore ..

actually i never posted my personal think in this froum but today i am going to reveal my other side of my life .

i started to masterbating when i was 16 or 15 from that age i used to do it regularly by day sometimes 3X/day i'd continued upto my age untill 20 years

so it was around 4 years i use to do it per day ...
after 21 years of age i felt something like my balls get pain after ejaculate so i reduced 1x/day to 3x/week.

but i never looked my hair because i am getting pleasure from inside my balls so its keep on running after my 22 i realized pretty i am going to bald now also i cannot stop it but my acceleration was reduced due to dutas and finax...

Hair'sMyProblem

Reaction score
jonsie150 said:
you say that your hair felt stronger after 2 weeks of less masturbation. no offense dude, but id imagine that anything you do for your hair would take at least 2 months to show up.

Hey man, I totally agree with you that my story sounds ridiculous. But it's true. I didn't see regrowth or anything. All I'm saying is that my hair is feeling stronger and it's easier to style. Maybe it's all psychological... who knows...

a_grim420

Reaction score
I first started losing my hair when i was 14 and I used to masterbate alot since i was 10. That's pretty extreme and NOT normal for a 14 year old kid to start going bald, if you ask me. I always felt it was becase of masterbation.

I also noticed a link between masterbation and acne. I noticed after a week of jacking off consecutively I would ALWAYS break out and when I would stop they would go away. I went through the same cycle for a while until recently, I started controlling my masterbation and now I dont have acne anymore, but im still bald.

One thing I have noticed everytime the masterbation/baldness argument there are people who seem to get really angry about people throwing around these accusations but havent you stopped to think that maybe the reason they defend it is because they love it so much? Everyone who says masterbation isnt linked with baldness probably loves to jack off so much they dont even want to see a connection for fear of stopping what they love the most.

Now i dont know about everyone else, but when I was younger, pre internet era, I dont remember seeing so many bald people, not that I ever noticed, but ever since the internet and internet p**rn it seems like it is a lot more common for younger and younger guys to start losing their hair. I know when I was young I would sit around all day looking at p**rn and jacking off. Im pretty sure there is a connection, and if jacking off is linked to baldness then p**rn companies and hair loss companies are making a killing off all these poor bald suckers that cant stop jacking off.

I also read a book which is nothing but scientific evidence on many different aspects of sex known as "sperm wars" and the book says that your body produces different types of sperm, notably when masterbating and having sex. Naturally your body produces a variety of different sperm which do different things, some are there to kill other sperm, some are there to block passages and then there are the egg getters. Well this book states that their is evidence you body produces less egg getters from masterbating, therefore your body DOES know the difference between masterbating and sex. If you dont believe me pick up that book for yourself.

Furthermore, I remember when i jacked off pretty heavily my head would get really greasy from all the dht blocking my hair follices, so much that it left my head all greasy. I would even pull the hair out with tweezers and you could see the dht stuck to the hair follicle just like you see in the pictures. Need proof? grab some tweezers.

So now Im controlling my masterbation habits and my head is not so greasy all the time but still kind of shiny, my guess is dht makes your head shiny. I dont get acne anymore and the times i do get it is after i jack off real good 2 or 3 times in the same day...but i dont do that anymore.

The reason why I decided to get on here and post is I wanted to ask?

1. Out of all the people in here with hair loss what is the percentage of those who jack off all the time, like everyday?

2. and how many bald people that post in here dont jack off at all.....ever.

3. and if you have sex with your wife or gf all the time do you masterbate in between?

4. and finally....out of those who were ABLE to stop jacking off, how many noticed their hair getting better?

It seems like the facts are there, so many people with masterbation addiction and hair loss, its just some dont want to accept the truth because they cant stop jacking off.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
right tell you what, i'll stop masturbating. try to hold off for 3 months and then report back. =D.

ps off topic but -

what would mantain better, spironolactone + nizoral, or spectral DNC/Spectral DNCL + nizoral, thanks!

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going for my 3 months without masturbation and my hair is great, without acne, dandruff and inflammation in the scalp :woot:

a_grim420

Reaction score
I hope everyone sees this who claims there is no connection between the two. I wouldnt be surprised if over masterbation was the cause of all male pattern baldness. Just think about it, it makes sense.

If a guy starts losing his hair, he starts losing confidence, stops dating as much girls, stops getting laid and starts jacking off more making his hair even worse.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Masturbation cannot be the main reason for balding or shedding, but it's a very plausible additive or contributing factor imo. Would be too tough to go cold turkey on the sex or masturbation. I'm not sure I have a strong enough constitution in that area. I might try curtailing my activity though, perhaps restrict sexual activity to two or three times a week.

a_grim420

Reaction score
The reason why it's so hard to stop is because it's so easy to just start looking at p**rn on the internet that it becomes a habit. Really, if you want to stop masterbating you need to stop looking at p**rn. Once you break the habit, it becomes a lot easier to stop doing it. If you are doing it as a regular activity you are going to have a tough time brother.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
a_grim420 said:
I hope everyone sees this who claims there is no connection between the two. I wouldnt be surprised if over masterbation was the cause of all male pattern baldness. Just think about it, it makes sense.

If a guy starts losing his hair, he starts losing confidence, stops dating as much girls, stops getting laid and starts jacking off more making his hair even worse.

id·i·ot
? ?/??di?t/ Show Spelled[id-ee-uht]
–noun
an utterly foolish or senseless person.
Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

a_grim420

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
a_grim420 said:

id·i·ot
? ?/??di?t/ Show Spelled[id-ee-uht]
–noun
an utterly foolish or senseless person.
Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

Shut the hell up you bald *** star trek watching nerd. Nobody asked you for your opinion or smart *** whimsical comments. Do me a favor and go grab your vaseline, climb back down into your momma's basement and continue your daily routine of masterbating to star trek re runs. Loser.

it's obvious you were taking a break, letting your arm rest and just so happens you decided to be a dickhead

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm willing to possibly entertain the idea that IF you already have the male pattern baldness gene then excessive masturbation may slightly increase the rate of balding. but for those without the gene i'm sure it makes absolutely no difference what so ever. why aren't all male p**rn stars bald then?

slipy

Reaction score
all aren't bald. But so many of them are thinning it's not even funny. It seems theres a higher prevalence of hair loss amoung p**rn stars than general population. And those adult performers are mostly young guys.

a_grim420

Reaction score
Yeah, Im sure you have to have the male pattern baldness recessive gene in order for you to be affected, without it you probably wont go bald from a natural cause.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
a_grim420 said:
Yeah, Im sure you have to have the male pattern baldness recessive gene in order for you to be affected, without it you probably wont go bald from a natural cause.

male pattern baldness is not natural cause

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also see the same some of u guys were ahead time
Dude. This is a thread from 2010. You had to go looking for this. I know I see you on here a lot and you are friendly, I just don't want you to think that stopping having sex is going to grow your hair back. Even with castration, eunuchs still need estrogen supplementation before their hair will grow back. It you are only using "male" meds then you want finasteride or duta and oral minoxidil. Microneedling will probably help a lot as long as you do it once a week ad infinitum.