Masturbation and Hairloss, personal experience + 4 m results

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
homeopathy rofl
Either this guy was about to actually say something about homeopathy and then caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and started "rofl" OR he is psychotic and starts "rofl" at random words. Who knows?

Aplunk1 said:
As a long-time poster on these boards, and someone whom our fellow HairLossTalk.com posters/viewers can trust, I 100% side with Bubka on these issues. Everything else is speculation.
As a "fellow HairLossTalk.com poster/viewer," I do not trust you.

G

ripple-effect said:
flimflam said:
homeopathy rofl
Either this guy was about to actually say something about homeopathy and then caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and started "rofl" OR he is psychotic and starts "rofl" at random words. Who knows?

Aplunk1 said:
As a long-time poster on these boards, and someone whom our fellow HairLossTalk.com posters/viewers can trust, I 100% side with Bubka on these issues. Everything else is speculation.
As a "fellow HairLossTalk.com poster/viewer," I do not trust you.

I don't believe in homeopathy either, but I don't mindlessly mock it like some do, just because I don't understand it.

docj077

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
flimflam said:
homeopathy rofl

Seriously, ROFL @ homeopathy!!! That practice kills way too many people and for no good reason. It way too often prevents people from the getting the treatment they need because they desire to seek a "healthy" or "natural" alternative. I've seen far too many people hurt by the witch "doctors" that practice that art.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seriously, ROFL @ homeopathy!!! That practice kills way too many people and for no good reason. It way too often prevents people from the getting the treatment they need because they desire to seek a "healthy" or "natural" alternative. I've seen far too many people hurt by the witch "doctors" that practice that art.

That's a better way to answer ^^. I'm not trying to defend homeopathy...w/e it is. I barely know what homeopathy is...I just quickly did a search and the information I was seeking was coincidentally at a homeopathy site. I just despise people who produce unproductive answers when the question is seeking a productive answer.

G

ripple-effect said:
That's a better way to answer ^^. I'm not trying to defend homeopathy...w/e it is. I barely know what homeopathy is...I just quickly did a search and the information I was seeking was coincidentally at a homeopathy site. I just despise people who produce unproductive answers when the question is seeking a productive answer.

Some people latch onto some irrelevant aspect associated with your argument in order to futilely attempt to invalidate your argument. It's just one more example of dishonest argumentation as described here:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know what's funny is that this person said the same thing:

flim flam said:
Trolls evade answering the big questions by focusing on irrelevant details in your posts. So keep them simple .. :)

G

ripple-effect said:
You know what's funny is that this person said the same thing:

[quote="flim flam":nct29c4b]Trolls evade answering the big questions by focusing on irrelevant details in your posts. So keep them simple .. :)
[/quote:nct29c4b]

Exactly. Most honest people can clearly see what's been going on here at this forum.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also, over-masturbation produces excessive DHT, norepinephrine, epinephrine, and prolactin, and then prolactin forces norepinephrine and epinephrine to bind into the sympathetic nervous alpha receptors for constriction of the blood vessels to trap DHT in the thin scalp skin where your hair rooting cells are over-burned resulting in hair scalp/loss , depression , loss of interest (for both sex or life), permanent destruction of the penis nervers.

Is anyone going to give any input on this information? Can we all just lay our bias aside? I want to know if this information is legit despite it's source.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Masturbation induces a spike in prolactin levels that can last at least a couple of hours. There is also evidence to suggest that prolactin is a hair growth inhibitor. If there's any connection between masturbation and hair loss, prolactin could be the culprit. Read the two abstracts below.

Regards,
TAGOHL

Orgasm-induced prolactin secretion: feedback control of sexual drive?

Kruger TH, Haake P, Hartmann U, Schedlowski M, Exton MS.
Department of Medical Psychology, University of Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany.

Recent studies from our laboratory have investigated the hormonal response to various forms of sexual stimulation, including film, masturbation, and coitus in both men and women. This series of studies clearly demonstrated that plasma prolactin (PRL) concentrations are substantially increased for over 1h following orgasm (masturbation and coitus conditions) in both men and women, but unchanged following sexual arousal without orgasm. Here we discuss evidence suggesting that the PRL response to orgasm may play an important role in the control of acute sexual arousal following orgasm. Supporting this position, chronic elevations of PRL (hyperprolactinemia) produce pronounced reductions in animal sexual activity, and significant reduction of libido and gonadal function in both men and women. These data suggest that PRL may represent a peripheral regulatory factor for reproductive function, and/or a feedback mechanism that signals CNS centres controlling sexual arousal and behaviour. Thus, we propose a theoretical model of the role of PRL as a neuroendocrine reproductive reflex.

PMID: 11835982 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Human scalp hair follicles are both a target and a source of prolactin, which serves as an autocrine and/or paracrine promoter of apoptosis-driven hair follicle regression.

Foitzik K, Krause K, Conrad F, Nakamura M, Funk W, Paus R.
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany. kfoitzik@yahoo.com

The prototypic pituitary hormone prolactin (PRL) exerts a wide variety of bioregulatory effects in mammals and is also found in extrapituitary sites, including murine skin. Here, we show by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction and immunohistology that, contrary to a previous report, human skin and normal human scalp hair follicles (HFs), in particular, express both PRL and PRL receptors (PRL-R) at the mRNA and protein level. PRL and PRL-R immunoreactivity can be detected in the epithelium of human anagen VI HFs, while the HF mesenchyme is negative. During the HF transformation from growth (anagen) to apoptosis-driven regression (catagen), PRL and PRL-R immunoreactivity appear up-regulated. Treatment of organ-cultured human scalp HFs with high-dose PRL (400 ng/ml) results in a significant inhibition of hair shaft elongation and premature catagen development, along with reduced proliferation and increased apoptosis of hair bulb keratinocytes (Ki-67/terminal dUTP nick-end labeling immunohistomorphometry). This shows that PRL receptors, expressed in HFs, are functional and that human skin and human scalp HFs are both direct targets and sources of PRL. Our data suggest that PRL acts as an autocrine hair growth modulator with catagen-promoting functions and that the hair growth-inhibitory effects of PRL demonstrated here may underlie the as yet ill-understood hair loss in patients with hyper-prolactinemia.

PMID: 16507890 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

G

Looks legit to me. Unless those researchers are funded by a pharmaceutical company that somehow profits from people not masturbating, I'd say it's solid.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Neuroendocrine and cardiovascular response to sexual arousal and orgasm in men.Kruger T, Exton MS, Pawlak C, von zur Muhlen A, Hartmann U, Schedlowski M.
Division of Clinical Psychiatry, Hannover Medical School, Federal Republic of Germany.

Data regarding the neuroendocrine response pattern to sexual arousal and orgasm in man are inconsistent. In this study, ten healthy male volunteers were continuously monitored for their cardiovascular and neuroendocrine response to sexual arousal and orgasm. Blood was continuously drawn before, during and after masturbation-induced orgasm and analyzed for plasma concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, growth hormone (GH), beta-endorphin and testosterone. Orgasm induced transient increases in heart rate, blood pressure and noradrenaline plasma levels. Prolactin plasma levels increased during orgasm and remained elevated 30 min after orgasm. In contrast, none of the other endocrine variables were significantly affected by sexual arousal and orgasm.

Specificity of the neuroendocrine response to orgasm during sexual arousal in men.Kruger TH, Haake P, Chereath D, Knapp W, Janssen OE, Exton MS, Schedlowski M, Hartmann U.
Department of Medical Psychology, University of Essen, Hufelandstr 55, Federal Republic of Germany. tillmann.krueger@web.de

We have demonstrated that sexual activity produces transient sympathoadrenal activation and a pronounced, long-lasting increase in prolactin in men and women. However, by analyzing endocrine alterations at 10-min intervals, a precise assignment of these changes to the pre-, peri- and postorgasmic periods was not possible. Thus, the current study aimed to accurately differentiate the endocrine response to sexual arousal and orgasm in men using an automatic blood collection technique with 2-min sampling intervals. Blood was drawn continuously before, during and after orgasm over a total period of 40 min in 10 healthy subjects and were compared with samples obtained under a control condition. Sexual activity induced transient increases of plasma epinephrine and norepinephrine levels during orgasm with a rapid decline thereafter. In contrast, prolactin levels increased immediately after orgasm and remained elevated throughout the experiment. Although oxytocin was acutely increased after orgasm, these changes were not consistent and did not reach statistical significance. Vasopressin, LH, FSH and testosterone plasma concentrations remained unaltered during sexual arousal and orgasm. These data confirm that prolactin is secreted after orgasm and, compared with oxytocin, seems to represent a more reliable and sustained marker for orgasm in man. The results further reinforce a role for prolactin either as a neuroendocrine reproductive reflex or as a feedback mechanism modulating dopaminergic systems in the central nervous system that are responsible for appetitive behavior.

G

Ripple, I agree with you... I've known this stuff for a long time. But trying to convince a bunch of chicken chokers on a baldness forum is an exercise in futility.

They are not going to give up masturbating regardless of what anyone says, and I say good... let them destroy themselves. Why are you wasting your time trying to help and save people who refuse to help or save themselves?

Many of them have proven that they're nothing but disrespectful, irrational scum, and so the sooner they go impotent and die, the better. It's called natural selection.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say all of them, perhaps most, but even they might consider this "theory" later on(once it sinks in). Just them knowing is all I'm aiming for.

You have to realize that if this masturbation-hair loss "theory" is true then it would take several months of abstinence to recover our hair. 4-6 months(maybe even longer)...about the same time it takes finasteride to work.

G

ripple-effect said:
I wouldn't say all of them, perhaps most, but even they might consider this "theory" later on(once it sinks in). Just them knowing is all I'm aiming for.

Why?

You have to realize that if this masturbation-hair loss "theory" is true then it would take several months of abstinence to recover our hair. 4-6 months(maybe even longer)...about the same time it takes finasteride to work.

As long as it works for you, and those who will listen to reason, then fine, but why try to make a bunch of simians comprehend something they refuse to hear, and be rewarded for your efforts with insults, hostility and abuse?

People like that deserve to perish.

bubka

Reaction score
yeah, so abstinence leads to higher testosterone levels, which causes male pattern baldness by itself along with of course dht

G

bubka said:
yeah, so abstinence leads to higher testosterone levels, which causes male pattern baldness by itself along with of course dht

bubka, i was thinking you could test out the theory that castrated males never lose their hair... or is that how you really grew yours back?