Massive Side Effects 12 hours after taking 1mg Finpecia.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That was a well put response, Primo, thanks for the apologies and I was mistaken for writing you off like I did in my previous response.

I still disagree with you on the subject of psychosomatic side effects. If you read my previous post about my own experience, I experienced symptoms I believed to be completely real. I was convinced finasteride was causing them. I won’t go into detail, but I eventually realized they were in my mind and they went away, and have not come back since. You mention minoxidil; obviously if someone were experiencing physical symptoms such that it can produce, it wouldn’t be psychosomatic. I’m more talking about manifestation of symptoms that exist in the mind: sexual side effects.

Some proof of my point, there was a study I saw with two groups on finasteride (I’ll post it later if you want to see it); one notified about potential sexual sides and one not notified about them. The notified group saw in some cases four times the incidence of sexual side effects versus the non-informed group. I think it was only with 200 people, but if we extrapolate this fact to the general population, we could say that 3 out of 4 people that are having sexual problems on finasteride are experiencing psychosomatic side effects, simply because they were informed about them while taking the medication. I personally believe in reality this number is even higher, especially for people who visit these forums and are exposed to all the horror stories.

The basis of my argument though is that it’s very difficult to differentiate between psychosomatic symptoms and real ones; they both may present similarly, and discontinuation of the drug would likely resolve in both cases (even though if they went away after discontinuing, almost everyone would think it was the drug causing it).

Now, let’s say my arguments are valid for a moment, what happens then? Most people saying they have sexual problems on finasteride would be psychosomatic, but what about the ones where it’s real? You can’t tell everyone to stay on the drug and ignore the symptoms, because it could be really screwing some people up. That’s where it gets tricky, and difficult to offer advice that will cater to everybody. That’s why it’s really best people go talk to their doctors to try to sort things out. Make them aware of the fact that these symptoms could have one of two causes: the drug itself or it may be psychosomatic. Let the individuals mull it over in their minds, and they might be able to work things out on their own or with the help of their doctor.

I know it seems easier to play it safe and tell everyone who has side effects to come off immediately, but keep in mind hair loss is extremely traumatic to some people, and treating it successfully may result in life changing effects. It’s hard to give advice to people that everybody here is happy with, because there are so many polar-opposite opinions, but I personally try to hit middle ground as best I can.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
"but if someone is suffering the whole package of sides after 1 day, they are most definetely real, not imaginary... these are just the type of users who should quit immediately & to tell them to persevere is only going to risk causing irrepairable damage to their endocrine system."

Do you REALLY think the OP's catastrophic sides were all because of 1 does of Propecia? Look how distressed and rambling his post is. The guy is clearly having massive anxiety over Propecia. I don't think his 'sides' were due to Propecia.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
Wuffer said:
Make them aware of the fact that these symptoms could have one of two causes: the drug itself or it may be psychosomatic. Let the individuals mull it over in their minds, and they might be able to work things out on their own or with the help of their doctor.

I know it seems easier to play it safe and tell everyone who has side effects to come off immediately, but keep in mind hair loss is extremely traumatic to some people, and treating it successfully may result in life changing effects. It’s hard to give advice to people that everybody here is happy with, because there are so many polar-opposite opinions, but I personally try to hit middle ground as best I can.

i think that all the people that wants to stop hairloss have experienced a traumatic effect in some way.

I presume that all the people prone to a "big trauma" for hair loss have a fragile ego. This is just an hypothesis, not a judgement

I mean that if the ego of this people is hit hard by hair loss, can u imagine possible ego consequence for a permanent sexual sides?

maybe chances to get sides are few, but it's a bet
Year by year u bet daily ....

bringiton1986

Reaction score
My first day of Finpecia by cipla...

The thing really hits hard!!!!!The first day after consuming the pill was awefullll but again my body may be too responsive or it might take some time to adjust.But freak by brains damn heavy and libido little low.May i would go edwin diaz (google it..)natural way.I use dr reddy Minoxidil 10% and nizoral.I been loosing hair since 11 years....but i manged to save little bit by shaving head 5-15 times a year.Yet again we are fool to say that lack of libido or EDF are its side effect as it was actually treatment itself ....Its not imaginative at all cause i am damn strong positive person.Its all about body genetics which differs ...DNA...The cost is too much to pay.May be when my hair fall started (16) i might have opted but not from ...............

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I don't wish to undermine your incredible claims about finasteride, so no offence meant, but if you are truly experiencing these extreme adverse side effects after first oral ingestion, then I would highly suggest you stop it at once and get the dubious product properly analyzed by a lab and at once if possible. Either the product's tainted or maybe more realistically and to which is what I suspect, you've been endowed with a hyper active imagination. All the best.

bringiton1986

Reaction score
Thanks for concern...

Thanks for your concern....i took finasteride for 7 days and eventually stopped it as the problem didnt seem to abate.I might have continued in order to find the results after its persistent usage and body's contemporary adjustments but..The thing which sacred me apart from numbness was the brain fog.It would really become cloudy ..again a senior member gave the explanation Cervical nervous system connection...but i had to experience it to know its authenticity[i guess i am intelligent but not wise..]I might accept low libido but that brain fog is super no bro ....i had hundreds of certifications exams and courses to pursue...The minoxidil has little effects as compared to finasteride.[both effect as well as side effects..lol]. Everybody has different view ...which goes with body but in the end nature nurture is damn good..Best of luck ...this forum has lot of erudite people [Practical] whose advice can be heeded .... future plan for me ... hairtransplant + crewcut + minoxidil+olive oil + healthy diet and w8 [hope so not eternal ]for that japnese research of replicating hair follicule....

mr_new

Reaction score
Ive been taking finasteride for nearly 7-8 years now. I recently got back into a relationship and noticed issues. Similar to what described here. I could have sex once a night .. but anything more was hard to come by. Morning wood gone. I am on 2mg a day .. the pill broken into 4.

I started to take stimulants (ginseng / gingko / maca) and that helped a lot ... erections are much stiffer and multiple sessions through the night. Upto 3-5 on average for a few times a week. I am with a redhead so that doesn't help. That fire crotch is always on fire.

Now ... obv I am going to stop finasteride. Are there are better alternatives to finasteride? Or none since it will all mess up with the DHT in the body? With my stimulants I am kicking libido in the nuts so I am thinking taking finasteride along with the stimulants will probably not going to help?

I appreciate the input!!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I am with a redhead so that doesn't help. That fire crotch is always on fire.

She actually lets it grow out? I haven't seen that in a while. Nice!

BrentKey

My Regimen
Reaction score
1mg for 2 years now .. one week of minor sides when I started (ball ache and watery semen) but nothing since (except better hair :) )

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are inhibitin 70 % of the stronger androgen in males, of course you will have side effects. Don't even mention you are also inhibiting neurohormones.