Massive Shedding after 5 weeks of 5% Rogaine

SpitItOut

Reaction score
I have been using Rogaine for 5 weeks and experienced massive shedding on the top of my head.. a 45 year old male who had a transplant about 8 years ago... used Rogaine and Propecia for first year. used Rogaine off and on for last several years but have not for nearly a year. My hair was fine until about the last six month so I just got back on Rogaine and have had the Shed from Hell... :protest: Will this stop and is this as they say a good thing?... I am using Caboki in the meanwhile hoping the shed will turn into new hairs and can use less caboki cuz that crap don't stay in as hard as I work out at the gym.. any suggestions?.. I am not a fan of propecia due to the ED and sex drive issues.. but who is having sex with a bald head... kinda wanna just dig my head in the sand.. does that work?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil can not make your hair worse long term, any shedding it causes is temporary. All the shedded hairs will grow back, hopefully thicker or at least the same as they were before. I recommend starting finasteride, especially for someone who has had a transplant, because if your hair recedes past the transplant you will look like a freak and finasteride is the only way to stop loss longterm. Only 2% get sides and there are no permanent sides. It is not much to be scared of

SpitItOut

Reaction score
It has shedded past the transplant and I am looking a little freakish now.. and freaking out.... what finasteride do you use.. and what do you suggest, do I need a prescription?

- - - Updated - - -

And IS finasteride Better than propecia?...

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
It has shedded past the transplant and I am looking a little freakish now.. and freaking out.... what finasteride do you use.. and what do you suggest, do I need a prescription?

- - - Updated - - -

And IS finasteride Better than propecia?...

Procepia is just a brand name for finasteride.

Just chill the **** out mate. Get/keep on the big 3 permanently and consistently. Try lowering your dose if you are having problems. You will have results.

SpitItOut

Reaction score
Procepia is just a brand name for finasteride.

Just chill the **** out mate. Get/keep on the big 3 permanently and consistently. Try lowering your dose if you are having problems. You will have results.
Ha! will do .. I will need a prescription for Propecia, or is there a otc version of it? and is 1% nizoral sufficient or should I get the 2% which I will also need a prescription

SpitItOut

Reaction score
you can buy finasteride from alldaychemist or inhousepharmacy.vu without a prescription in the US. Nizoral isn't even really important so 1% or 2% doesn't matter. You can get it from these sites with your finasteride I think
Thank you! What dosage should I get?

- - - Updated - - -

I see you use Dutasteride? shall i get that?

corvidae

Reaction score
I think Mixol was supposed to make you shed hair. Because the hairs in your follicle as is are weak and brittle, they must fall out for strong hairs to take their place (the nonscientific explanation)

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! What dosage should I get?

- - - Updated - - -

I see you use Dutasteride? shall i get that?
You can use either, dutasteride is slightly more effective but also has slightly higher incidence of sides (and sides will last longer if you do get them) It is a fairly balanced trade off. If you get finasteride get 5mg pills and a pill cutter and split them into fourths (1.25mg) and take a fourth daily, or just get 1mg pills but the 5mg ones are cheaper. If you start dutasteride you can take a half milligram pill daily, every other day, or every third day. the less you take it the slightly less effective it will be with dutasteride but anything more then a half millgram every 5 days will be more effective then finasteride

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil can not make your hair worse long term, any shedding it causes is temporary. All the shedded hairs will grow back, hopefully thicker or at least the same as they were before. I recommend starting finasteride, especially for someone who has had a transplant, because if your hair recedes past the transplant you will look like a freak and finasteride is the only way to stop loss longterm. Only 2% get sides and there are no permanent sides. It is not much to be scared of

Hi zzzzz :) Sorry to butt in here but just wondering what time do you put on your Minoxidil? I realise you use it once a day but double the dose. I was thinking of using 2ml some time after work so allows it to dry?

SpitItOut

Reaction score
You can use either, dutasteride is slightly more effective but also has slightly higher incidence of sides (and sides will last longer if you do get them) It is a fairly balanced trade off. If you get finasteride get 5mg pills and a pill cutter and split them into fourths (1.25mg) and take a fourth daily, or just get 1mg pills but the 5mg ones are cheaper. If you start dutasteride you can take a half milligram pill daily, every other day, or every third day. the less you take it the slightly less effective it will be with dutasteride but anything more then a half millgram every 5 days will be more effective then finasteride
Thanks for the reply...... I am going to get dutasteride... now .. since I already went through a shed with minoxidil.. will I shed again when I start dutasteride.. not sure I can handle that lol

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...... I am going to get dutasteride... now .. since I already went through a shed with minoxidil.. will I shed again when I start dutasteride.. not sure I can handle that lol

I started minoxidil November 1st, 2013 and dutasteride march 17th, 2014. When I started dutasteride my shed was so bad it was almost like I took a few rounds of chemotherapy. Hair was at its worst at about 8 or 9 weeks. But was worth it.

SpitItOut

Reaction score
I started minoxidil November 1st, 2013 and dutasteride march 17th, 2014. When I started dutasteride my shed was so bad it was almost like I took a few rounds of chemotherapy. Hair was at its worst at about 8 or 9 weeks. But was worth it.
Oh F#$% That is not good news.. I just went through a massive shed.. if I shed any more I will be... devastated.. not sure how I feel about that. my shed has finally stopped from the minoxidil and I can finally breath knowing I can still create a nice head of hair illusion.... hoping and waiting for my minoxidil "stronger thicker" hairs to replace the **** hairs.. damn... really thinking now... honestly not sure I can handle another shed.. but what choice do I have... I went from a 2 to a 3 with minoxidil...

- - - Updated - - -

and dude are you really 19

SpitItOut

Reaction score
Update - finasteride Added

UPDATE - I have started 1.25m finasteride and the shedding has stopped.. hoping I don't get a finasteride Shed..
Oh F#$% That is not good news.. I just went through a massive shed.. if I shed any more I will be... devastated.. not sure how I feel about that. my shed has finally stopped from the minoxidil and I can finally breath knowing I can still create a nice head of hair illusion.... hoping and waiting for my minoxidil "stronger thicker" hairs to replace the **** hairs.. damn... really thinking now... honestly not sure I can handle another shed.. but what choice do I have... I went from a 2 to a 3 with minoxidil...UPDATE - I have started 1.25m finasteride and the shedding has stopped.. hoping I don't get a finasteride Shed..

- - - Updated - - -

and dude are you really 19