Mark Harmon

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have seen this guy in a few movies and always thought his hair looked odd. Does this guy wear a wig???

harmon-mark-photo-mark-harmon-6222194.jpg

959_g.jpg

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another guy i have always wondered about was old teddy shiringham. I know its not a wig because he couldnt have played football in one but he has no temple points at all though still has hair on top. looks strange to me.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you can play football with a very good hairsystem, as it is attatched to your existing hair, and if you pull on it really hard, it hurts just as much as if you were pulling your own hair (in a way you are, cuz it attatched to it).

Mark Harmon just has thin hair, doesnt look strange to me, and certainly not wiggish (wiglike? lol).

beaner

Reaction score
I think he'd pick a better wig than that.

No, just thinning hair. Oh well, he had a good run.

s.a.f

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Another guy i have always wondered about was old teddy shiringham. I know its not a wig because he couldnt have played football in one but he has no temple points at all though still has hair on top. looks strange to me.
Some people just dont have temple points, as a compulsive norwood spotter I have observed this. Teddy's main hair problem seems to be his eyebrows judging by that pic. :shock:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my hair is balding in the exact same pattern as Mark Harmon. I just hope I will have more hair than he does when I reach his age. Mark Harmon does not wear any hair systems.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Unfortunately, my hair is balding in the exact same pattern as Mark Harmon. I just hope I will have more hair than he does when I reach his age. Mark Harmon does not wear any hair systems.

I don't think Harmon has a "balding pattern". It looks like he's one of those guys whose hair will gradually thin as he ages. When he hits 80 he might have a bald spot on his crown, but his hair has looked like that for a while.
Mark Harmon is pushing 60. His hair is great for his age.
I hope I have that much hair when I'm 30.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on man, he has great hair at his age!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I know he has age related thinning but his loss of density borders on "balding". Its really a tough call when you are distinguishing between "age related" thinning and slowing balding. They both look very similar but the mechanism may slightly differ. Loss of density may be the most appropriate way to label his problem. So many men well over 60 years old have not changed much since their 40's, yet Mark Harmon definitely has a noticeable difference regardless of the mechanism. He seems to have a slightly more aggressive "thinning" than someone like Bill Clinton or George Bush.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I know he has age related thinning but his loss of density borders on "balding". Its really a tough call when you are distinguishing between "age related" thinning and slowing balding. They both look very similar but the mechanism may slightly differ. Loss of density may be the most appropriate way to label his problem. So many men well over 60 years old have not changed much since their 40's, yet Mark Harmon definitely has a noticeable difference regardless of the mechanism. He seems to have a slightly more aggressive "thinning" than someone like Bill Clinton or George Bush.

Clinton has perfect hair. Rassman at baldingblog claims him and Reagan as examples of white men who have kept their NW1's.
GWB has some recession, and looking at his father, its going to get worse. Balding couldnt' have happened to a better guy.
Harmon is losing density sure, but he's never going to be a "bald guy".

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Whatever his type of hairloss may be, if I would have that much hair on his age, I´d be thrilled

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Clayshaw, I guess you are right about the fact he will never be considered a "bald guy". The very first hair transplant Doctor I went to told me I would never be a "bald guy" just a receder. I guess I can live with that. And if nothing great comes along, I can always fix that with a hair transplant.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Clayshaw, I guess you are right about the fact he will never be considered a "bald guy". The very first hair transplant Doctor I went to told me I would never be a "bald guy" just a receder. I guess I can live with that. And if nothing great comes along, I can always fix that with a hair transplant.

There's nothing wrong with looking your age. I bet women 20 years younger than Harmon (he'll be 58 this year) wouldn't care about his "hair loss". Not even a little bit.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
They wont even see or notice it.

Dont forget we have hawkeyes when it comes to hairloss