MANE concealer?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else in the U.S. used this concealer, and where did you buy it?

I ask this because another poster gave me a link in a different thread to a Mane site in the U.S. But now I have found another site that purports to be the U.S. Mane site, and I am now wondering which one is legitimate, or if either of them are, as the ManeUK site has no links or reference to either one of them.

The site I was given was: http://manespray.com/

The site I found was:http://maneamerica.com/

I suppose they could both be distributors of the product, but I always want to make sure I am not dealing with a bogus company before I send them money. And you would think that the "main" Mane site in the UK would have some sort of link to one or both of them in order to help customers in the U.S.
They could make this a little easier.

s.a.f

Reaction score
There are much better concealers out there, the spray types are relics from the 80's.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
There are much better concealers out there, the spray types are relics from the 80's.

Thanks, I have tried most of the others(Dermmatch, Toppik, Nanogen, etc), but I have recently started using my old bottle of Prothik again and since it worked like gang-busters and was quicker to apply, I just decided to ask about some other good spray-on type concealers, and MANE was one that was mentioned.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Messy or not, is it realistic? Nano isn't ideal for combing through as a lot comes off and you see track marks on your head. Does Mane make it look thicker and it looks as if it's easier to comb through to style? You users care to comment?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
Messy or not, is it realistic? Nano isn't ideal for combing through as a lot comes off and you see track marks on your head. Does Mane make it look thicker and it looks as if it's easier to comb through to style? You users care to comment?

There seems to be a lack of information concerning Mane. I haven't bought any yet, just for that reason. Not enough reviews by users on it.
I ended up buying some more Prothik(which I am not totally happy with seeing as how they seem to have changed their formula and their cans and nozzles, but that is another story), but I am still looking for info on Mane or other good spray-on concealer.
Though I hate the mess, I love the ease and quickness of applying, and the result(usually) of spray-ons.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is very little info true, but I know and have heard many swear by it

Ben, what do you mean? You just spray and go... The video shows the whole head being combed doesn't it, Wondered how well that works for the 'real man on the street' and not their own marketing. Would love to see someone who isn't working for them show it being applied

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Understood....

So on a very thinning crown, it would take some work then. I'd like something that works on it's own, instead of derm and fibres, and wondered whether that was it. Early days saw just fibred, then derm and fibres but it's a right pain now.

Sal

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a hair transplant in 2005, and after more balding i decided to look for a hair thickening option. I'm currently using Mane and so far so good. My wife says it looks the most natural from the ones i tried. im pretty sure i bought it from maneamerica.com

i hope this helps

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a can of Mane concealer and some kind of after spray (a kind of watery gel in a squirt bottle... I forget the name, but it was also made by Mane). I got them both from eBay and as far as I could tell, they were the genuine thing.

Although it did cover up most of my thin areas, it didn't look authentic. It was obvious is was sprayed on, especially since it's not so neat on the skin (the ears, the forehead etc).

I think the reason it didn't work for me is because I have thin hair (not just the balding type, I mean in general my hair is thin) so it was very obvious it was sprayed on. I also have short hair. It probably works better when the hair is longer.

I only bought it for my passport photo (haha, I know!) but never used it. Instead I used it as an undercoat for Halloween, where I had some dark hair spray but only in a tiny can, so I used most of the Mane to coat my hair first :gay:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Alot depends on your skill in applying it, how much you use ect.

Sal

Reaction score
cant help you there. I know that it works great for me. I also tried toppik and a few others and they looked so bad that my wife didnt let me walk out the house untill i washed them out. so happy i found something of good quality.

zulf005

Reaction score
I used mane, its basically like paint on your head. I would say that it is deffo an effective concealer but i regret using it. It is highly addictive and i often wonder if it has made my hair worse. Ive been using it for a few years, on and off. I find that my hair quality diminishes whilst using it. Please be aware.

Moto856

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love Prothik. I was a hair club "member" for 4 years. What a waste of money. I have a thinning crown and thought hair club was a good idea.... Doh!!! I didn't do any research on concealers. Just happened to be on the old inner web on a forum and came across a thread on them. I ran out my contract at hair club and bought some Prothik and Toppik spray and Toppik fibers. I didn't like the fibers at all and the Toppik spray seemed a bit "thick". My favorite to date is the Prothik.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone else us 'Prothik' and have anything positive to say about it. Looks to be unavailable here in the UK from what I've seen. If it's not on Amazon, then it's usually a pain to track down anywhere, but is it worth it or just like the rest of them

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, what Toppik spray were you talking about, I thought it's just their fibres they do

Moto856

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's called Toppik Colored Hair Thickener. It's on their website. Comes in different hair colors like the others do. I still have almost a full bottle left. I thought it was ok, but it seemed to me that the Prothik was "lighter" and easier to apply. I personally do three very light applications letting each application dry for about 30 seconds. Almost like a "dusting" if you will. If you take your time you can make your bald spot undetectable!!!! Sorry for rambling, but I just get so excited everytime I use the stuff and my bald spot goes buy buy.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not seen Toppik other than fibres. Shame none of the usual UK suppliers of all the other stuff don't offer Prothik. I tried one spray before, but it was appalling, it made it go very sticky and thick lumps, and running a brush through the hair afterwards did more harm than good. It just pulled out hair, which kind of defeats the object, and dried too quick

Little_Tony

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to use Mane and changed to Volume Hair Plus as it seems to be a bit lighter to apply, I use tiny bit, short bursts, comb and comb some more and that's it. Similar to other sprays, but it's my personal preference and I think financially works out better as it's 250ml. Don't know whether available in the US though. Have you tried dermmatch?

Tony