male pattern baldness and heart

taxi

Reaction score
is it true that we have more probability of having heart atacks because of male pattern baldness? my cardiologist sais my heart is great, but i'm kind of afraid...

G

smoking, drinking, eating to many carbs, sugars and fats will also increase you cahnces of having a heart attack.

Along with recreational drug use, insomnia, depression and gay sex.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
taxi said:
is it true that we have more probability of having heart atacks because of male pattern baldness? my cardiologist sais my heart is great, but i'm kind of afraid...

Where did hear that from ? :!:

reyn

Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that men with higher testosterone levels had a slightly greater chance of having CHD. I am too lazy to search for that now.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I regularly practice homoerotic acts like gay sex, bumming, gay kissing, looking at 'man' pictures, picking up tricks and killing them and so on, but have had no more than three cardiac arrests in the last 6 months, so where is your proof?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
reyn said:
I recall reading somewhere that men with higher testosterone levels had a slightly greater chance of having CHD. I am too lazy to search for that now.

That could be true but male pattern baldness is when your follicles are sensitive to DHT - not testostorone. Just because you have male pattern baldness doesn't mean you have a high level of testostorone....

reyn

Reaction score
Oops... I wrote it wrong in my post above ...actually its the other way around. Low levels of free testosterone have been associated with higher levels of CHD. I am not making any claims about hair loss.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
In 1999, doctors at Harvard Medical School found that men who had lost hair at the crown of the head had a 32% increased chance of coronary heart disease. Hair loss at the front of the head hardly increased the risk at all.

Got that info from a web site