Male, 18 - Am I balding

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im
I think it's over for me
Not putting any rosemary oil in my hair anymore no way. Ever since I've started putting it in, this is the result. Guys don't f*** around with oils, I think I may have telogen effivilium from where I've been applying it

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol dude, it looks exactly the same. It's just camera angle that makes it look worse. Also, the angle of your face and the distance you've taken the pictures from have changed, that's the only reason it looks like recession. If those pictures where taken at the exact same arms length, phone camera angle, and the angle of your head remained the same, you would be able to tell its no recess at all.

You're just being super paranoid.

Also, no one's hair deteriorates noticeabley in such a short time. Unless you're putting acid onto your hair. Which you're obviously not. Chill out.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was putting rosemary oil + coconut oil in their for the past two weeks BTW. And this is the result.

It makes your hair fall out.

I noticed today when oiling it that I was losing 10- 20 hairs were falling out

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Similar angle

Attachments

• Snapchat-1238112201.jpg
    Snapchat-1238112201.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 56

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol dude, it looks exactly the same. It's just camera angle that makes it look worse. Also, the angle of your face and the distance you've taken the pictures from have changed, that's the only reason it looks like recession. If those pictures where taken at the exact same arms length, phone camera angle, and the angle of your head remained the same, you would be able to tell its no recess at all.

Also, no one's hair deteriorates noticeabley in such a short time. Unless you're putting acid onto your hair. Which you're obviously not. Chill out.
I think I mixed the rosemary oil badly with the carrier oil

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

When I was putting it in 3 days ago, I noticed that 20+ hairs had fallen into the sink

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-31-00-28-34-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-31-00-28-34-49.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2020-12-31-00-28-17-81.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-31-00-28-17-81.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 64

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I mixed the rosemary oil badly with the carrier oil
This is a possibility. Essential oils are meant to be mixed correctly.

You do know that Minoxidil and Finasteride topicals are much stronger than hair oils? Also the shedding you'd experience on Finasteride is way worse than hair oils.

Also mixing essential oils correctly with carrier oils is probably one of the most basic and easiest things to do. Really not rocket science, and it's really hard to mess it up. Unless you put more essential oils than carrier oil, which almost no one does lol, you'd never have a problem with the mixing ratio being too strong.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a possibility. Essential oils are meant to be mixed correctly.

You do know that Minoxidil and Finasteride topicals are much stronger than hair oils? Also the shedding you'd experience on Finasteride is way worse than hair oils.

Also mixing essential oils correctly with carrier oils is probably one of the most basic and easiest things to do. Really not rocket science, and it's really hard to mess it up. Unless you put more essential oils than carrier oils, which almost no one does lol, you'd never have a problem with the mixing ratio being too strong
Hey man, I think the oil I bought was sh*t, but my ratio was 2 ml coconut oil to 3 drops rosemary oil.

But there is a difference right?

I don't think it's shedding, because the hair fell out as soon as I applied the oil.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's definitely a difference there dude
Still no. Because the picture on the right was taken further distance away, and because the lighting is clearly more dull in the picture on the right, it seems as if your hair and temple region is thicker than the left picture.

It's pretty clear to see that the picture on the left has a brighter lighting and is taken closer up so your temple region looks less dense.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I think the oil I bought was sh*t, but my ratio was 2 ml coconut oil to 3 drops rosemary oil.

But there is a difference right?

I don't think it's shedding, because the hair fell out as soon as I applied the oil.
You definitely shouldn't have had any problems with such a mixture.

I wouldn't blame the natural oils. It's either as you say, the fact that you bought a sh*t oil, possibly not even 100% pure or possibly not even rosemary oil but some fake sh*t that's possibly harmful. That's why whatever you buy, make sure it's high quality. I'm sure I mentioned that somewhere. So really not any blame to rosemary oil.

You had a similar problem buying a fake dermaroller, not your fault entirely but a big learning lesson for you. If anything, always buy from reputable stores even if it costs more. You pay for the guarantee of quality.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temple now is on the left Vs my temple a month ago on the right. I know the first ones a bit closer in but still, isnt this pretty rapid recession?

I agree with Micky, it looks the same to me. And the way you were holding your hair on the first pic (Pulling the hair on your right temple) is different than on the second pic and makes your hairline look worse. Having to start thinking about this stupid condition at 18 years old is a huge blow dude, but you gotta chill out. You won't go bald soon unless you start losing huge strands of hair once you turn 19, ala Patrick Stewart, the role model for many bald dudes worldwide. So do your best to take it easy, and try to focus on your exams.

I was putting rosemary oil + coconut oil in their for the past two weeks BTW. And this is the result.

It makes your hair fall out.

I noticed today when oiling it that I was losing 10- 20 hairs were falling out

I'm not knowledgeable on natural treatments because personally I don't think they're of much use for treating hair loss, and I'd rather trust science. But both Finasteride and Minoxidil can cause hair to fall out (This is called a shed) when you start taking them, and this is a sign that they're working. For some people these sheds can be huge (I'm talking 100+ hairs daily) that's why I'll shave my head before starting finasteride, to avoid anxiety just in case I have a big shed. So, you losing hair when you started using these oils could be a sign that they're working, although 2 weeks is too early in my opinion. It could simply be that you lose this amount of hair (People can lose 30-100 hairs daily) when you style it and you just noticed now. I lost a good amount of hair (10-20 daily) while styling my hair with a bit of wax when I was 19-21 years old, and never put much thought into it even though I knew a fair bit about baldness, because my temples looked okay and my front wasn't thinning noticeably to me. The most important factor on baldness isn't how much hair you lose, but how many follicles die and don't grow back due to DHT destroying them, and leaving the area barren for a long time. So don't put too much thought into how many hairs you are losing daily, but take pics every 2-3 months or so to compare.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no. Because the picture on the right was taken further distance away, and because the lighting is clearly more dull in the picture on the right, it seems as if your hair and temple region is thicker than the left picture.

It's pretty clear to see that the picture on the left has a brighter lighting and is taken closer up so your temple region looks less den

I agree with Micky, it looks the same to me. And the way you were holding your hair on the first pic (Pulling the hair on your right temple) is different than on the second pic and makes your hairline look worse. Having to start thinking about this stupid condition at 18 years old is a huge blow dude, but you gotta chill out. You won't go bald soon unless you start losing huge strands of hair once you turn 19, ala Patrick Stewart, the role model for many bald dudes worldwide. So do your best to take it easy, and try to focus on your exams.

I'm not knowledgeable on natural treatments because personally I don't think they're of much use for treating hair loss, and I'd rather trust science. But both Finasteride and Minoxidil can cause hair to fall out (This is called a shed) when you start taking them, and this is a sign that they're working. For some people these sheds can be huge (I'm talking 100+ hairs daily) that's why I'll shave my head before starting finasteride, to avoid anxiety just in case I have a big shed. So, you losing hair when you started using these oils could be a sign that they're working, although 2 weeks is too early in my opinion. It could simply be that you lose this amount of hair (People can lose 30-100 hairs daily) when you style it and you just noticed now. I lost a good amount of hair (10-20 daily) while styling my hair with a bit of wax when I was 19-21 years old, and never put much thought into it even though I knew a fair bit about baldness, because my temples looked okay and my front wasn't thinning noticeably to me. The most important factor on baldness isn't how much hair you lose, but how many follicles die and don't grow back due to DHT destroying them, and leaving the area barren for a long time. So don't put too much thought into how many hairs you are losing daily, but take pics every 2-3 months or so to compare.
Ok, yeah thanks, but I seriously think the rosemary oil was making my hair fall out. Literally the second I'd put it in my hairs would fall out.

Ok phew but I'm not touching rosemary oil again lol

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, yeah thanks, but I seriously think the rosemary oil was making my hair fall out. Literally the second I'd put it in my hairs would fall out.

Ok phew but I'm not touching rosemary oil again lol
Also I don't think it's a shed because they were falling out as I was applying the oil

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna take a break from this forum and tressless for a couple of weeks, because I think that some of the things I'm reading are making me increasingly paranoid

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna take a break from this forum and tressless for a couple of weeks, because I think that some of the things I'm reading are making me increasingly paranoid

Great choice dude, that'll allow you to focus on your exams. Rawtashk's post on tressless was what convinced me to start taking finasteride as soon as I could two months ago, before I knew of this site. But you gotta take what's posted there with a grain of salt, or avoid it altogether. Sometimes there's a lot of negativity or fear-mongering there, and this website has more people who know a lot about hair loss.