Maintenance Haircuts... System On Or System Off?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
The countdown has started, and it looks like I am probably going to get my system installed end of April. I am still teetering between fade and undercut (long on top).

My biggest concern is maintenance cuts. I don't trust ANYBODY here, in Israel to cut my hair with the system on, since there are very few people with experience. I won't go to a company that sells hair systems because I would not put it past them to ruin my system to buy one of theirs (it's the Middle East, that's how things go, here, unfortunately).

My thoughts were, if I go with an undercut, I can just buzz the hair, and shave the top myself (system off, obviously). When I had hair... back in the 90s, I wore a recon or flattop, perfectly cut, and faded, by myself, so I can handle a pair of clippers. If I have a fade, then the blend needs to be PERFECT, which, I would guess entails doing it with the system on, to make sure it's ok. Maybe, I guess, if you knew the clipper length of the short part of the unit (they want to cut the lower edges of the unit SHORT), then it could be done with the system off.

Suggestions? What do you all do?

Best,

Steve

Noah

Reaction score
Definitely the unconnected undercut style is easier to maintain. You can probably do your own haircuts with a beard trimmer or a vacuum hair cutting device. I'm not sure how an undercut style will work with your beard through.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely the unconnected undercut style is easier to maintain. You can probably do your own haircuts with a beard trimmer or a vacuum hair cutting device. I'm not sure how an undercut style will work with your beard through.

I don't think it's an issue...

See pics...
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 11.46.01.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 11.44.52.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 11.44.03.jpg