Lowering Finasteride Dosage - No Side Effects

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Take zinc.

Also, is there a difference between zinc picolinate and "normal" zinc 50mg pills that you buy at, say, walmart?

7up

Reaction score
Thanks alot Rawtashk;

I have ordered some Zinc Picolinate, Magnesium (w/out Calcium), and Vitamin D supplements, and have started a much healthier diet as of a few days ago.

I'll be chucking regular exercise into the mix shortly.

I'll report in a new thread if I subsequently rise above the rank of thinning-haired eunuch.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I get extremely nauseous if I take those regular Zinc pills, I think it's zing glutomate or something. I haven't tried the zinc pincoloate or whatever it's called yet, I'll have to pick some up.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is mostly about sides related to a lower dose of finasteride. I'm also taking 0.5mg since two months due to some sides related to digestion.

I'd be interested in the results however. How is everybody doing with keeping/regrowing hair. After all we're taking finasteride to do something about our hair and not study side effects :whistle:

metadalll

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I get extremely nauseous if I take those regular Zinc pills, I think it's zing glutomate or something. I haven't tried the zinc pincoloate or whatever it's called yet, I'll have to pick some up.

did you take the zinc with a meal? that's what i do and i feel fine....also has anyone else had a rapid heart beat on finasteride? and do you think lowering dosage would help? (i'm thinking nobody will have a clue)

multispeed27

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had similar problems with finasteride - very low libido and everything that comes with it.

If you mess with your hormones, that's what you get. People downplay DHT as the cause of hair loss when really it plays a much bigger role than that. We got it for a reason. Only one of them being libido.

Google it - there are so many people out there who were never able to get rid of finasteride's sides again.

I was on finasteride for 2 years (first 1.75g then 1.25g) when I decided to quit because of sides that kept getting worse. After 2 weeks I had my first morning wood in over a year which I have every morning/night now. My sex drive has gone back to around 90% pre-finasteride. I know how lucky I am when I hear from those unlucky guys who weren't...

Few things I did the day I got off finasteride that I think helped me a lot:
- prepare myself a Maca shake once day - Maca is known for balancing the hormonal system naturally and increasing libido
- Turmeric 400mg twice a day as another natural way to cleanse my blood and cells
- Vitamin D & K gel caps
- DHA, Omega 3, 6, and 9