Low Progesterone levels causing hair loss...

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
After browsing through my copy of What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause, and going to the doctor's website, http://www.johnleemd.com/, I have come to the conclusion that progesterone is a vastly underrated hormone. 8O

totaldispHAIR turned me on to this information. I am now totally convinced that my hormones are out of whack, and causing my hairloss and various other problems. I am menopausal, but this is not something confined to the menopausal years.
I have two appointments with two different endocrinologists, a D.O. on July 14. Hopefully she will have some answers. I plan on bringing the abovementioned book with me for support. If she doesn't work out, I have another appt. on August 7. I hope I don't have to use the backup. The second doctor's receptionist didin't even now this doctor treated hair loss! (and this is the doctor my gyn reccommended?)

It takes a few months for whatever caused your hair loss to make your hair loss begin. Can you go back and remember starting/stopping BCP? Or some other hormone therapy?

I don't know what the answer is, but does anyone else out there have similar concerns?