Low doses of finasterida: What's the bare minium?

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. Today i jumped on Finasteride after a long period of deliberating. I plan to do 0.25xEOD. I have done quite a bit of research and I'm wondering if anyone has played around with larger gaps, i.e twice a week, or even once. Based on the Finasteride tissue life, i would say every three days seems to be a good guess, but was hoping someone could share their experience.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello. Today i jumped on Finasteride after a long period of deliberating. I plan to do 0.25xEOD. I have done quite a bit of research and I'm wondering if anyone has played around with larger gaps, i.e twice a week, or even once. Based on the Finasteride tissue life, i would say every three days seems to be a good guess, but was hoping someone could share their experience.
Supposedly Spencer from the Bald Truth takes one 5mg Proscar tablet once per week and is maintaining.

hairgone1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride has quite a short halflife which is why officially they say daily. I would suggest taking a small amount each day whether than be 0.25 or 0.5

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin Mann did a video recently covering a study done on this topic. The study reports that .1 mg is ineffective although still suppresses some DHT, .2 mg is about as low as you can go and still see some result. In the study they took the pills daily so EOD might give different results. Although I think as long as you're getting over that .2 line you'll probably see improvement.

jazz1

Reaction score
The half life is 72 hours so you can use every third day and will still be effective, alternatively you could try Topical Finasteride. That’s what I been using since 2010, I started with 0.025% Topical Finasteride and I now use 0.1% which is the equivalent to 1mg but in Topical compound form.

I used 0.025% Topical Finasteride every third day with great results and even better when gradually increased to 0.1%.

This is the Topical Finasteride compound pharmacy I use now:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

hairgone1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
The half life is 72 hours so you can use every third day and will still be effective, alternatively you could try Topical Finasteride. That’s what I been using since 2010, I started with 0.025% Topical Finasteride and I now use 0.1% which is the equivalent to 1mg but in Topical compound form.

I used 0.025% Topical Finasteride every third day with great results and even better when gradually increased to 0.1%.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/
Is that the half life in the follicle/ scalp?

BaldingSadMan

My Regimen
Reaction score

You have sides from topical? Did you try oral beforehand? Looking to jump on a topical. 8 years ago i tried oral and had erection issue from 2 days of taking it. Could have been nocebo so i think if it was, the topical wont effect me like that.

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've considered it before, but i find anything topical cumbersome to apply. I only use minoxidil on my hairline for that very reason, but that's besides the fact it's impossible to get in my country.

hairgone1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Ive been applying topical and been wandering whether to do it twice a day or once a day as was not sure on the tissue half life.

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you guys think about 0.5mg 3xtimes a week?
It should be fine. The catch is that we really don't know how well lower (and more spaced) doses work, but they certainly do. We gotta know how important scalp DHT is, and also need a study that analyzes scalp DHT after a few days of dosage, but according to the graph, your DHT levels should be fine. I'd consider doing 0.25mg ED instead though, more "reliable".
fin_chart.gif