Love has knocked my door

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
ibm.. this is what i do when i like someone.
i either bug the sh*t out of her or do something pretty mean if shes not interested. and try to make her look at me first. and just let her know what kinda person i really am. that way i make sure i dont waste who knows who that person might be, your future wife or love of your life.
luckly, it worked out for me and u should have more selfconfidence: she doesnt know who you are yet. let her know.. somehow. do something! give it a good shot.

CCS

Reaction score
when I was in high school, i was convinced that I am a catch. Then one day in class, someone asked me why I am a catch. I could not think of any reasons. I still don't know what makes me different from other people. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs, or watch much TV, and I do a lot of thinking and inventing. I guess I could list a lot more. But I don't know how many guys are like that, or how many women prefer a guy who drinks and does drugs. Many women on yahoo searches indicate they want a guy who drinks socially, but don't want a guy who does not drink. My professor i work for says I'm smarter than any of his graduate students, though I don't know why that would matter to a woman. If she wants a rich guy, she can find plenty whose parents gave them a car and other gooddies I don't have.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I can see heartbreak on the horizon. I can see that you're just going to keep worshiping this girl from afar and doing nothing, then one day someone else will come along and snatch her away from you.
From reading your posts I dont believe that you have the confidence to be with this girl.
I bet that if she asked you out you would panic and run a mile. You need to be more positive, be a man. Give yourself one week to get with this girl or forget it. Starting tommorrow make a positive effort to show her that you are interested in a relationship. Trust me being a friend or just a nice guy gets you no-where with women.
I'm being honest with you as I think its for the best in the end. Good luck bro.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Trust me being a friend or just a nice guy gets you no-where with women.

Very true.

s.a.f

Reaction score
IBM so how has it gone with this girl any luck this week?

ShadoW DanceR

Reaction score
Hey IBM,

Fist and foremost sorry for my english.

I know what u are feeling I was in the same situation 2 years ago.

I was desperate i cried like a baby and feel into a nice lovely depression.

I just wanted to die.

Than after 1.5 years i realised how stupid i was that i have lost tha precios time.

So man cry yes i wont lie to you its hard but u will fall in love again it happened to me and it will happen 2 u too.

Just dont waste any time just believe in yourself.

P.S. If a woman loves she doesnt giva a sh*t if ur bald

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I can see heartbreak on the horizon. I can see that you're just going to keep worshiping this girl from afar and doing nothing, then one day someone else will come along and snatch her away from you.
From reading your posts I dont believe that you have the confidence to be with this girl.
I bet that if she asked you out you would panic and run a mile. You need to be more positive, be a man. Give yourself one week to get with this girl or forget it. Starting tommorrow make a positive effort to show her that you are interested in a relationship. Trust me being a friend or just a nice guy gets you no-where with women.
I'm being honest with you as I think its for the best in the end. Good luck bro.

I totally agree with this. I have made this mistake in the past....

Actually I still do this sometimes :D

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
we've alll fallen in love with women that are out of our league. and it hurts because we know that we are a good person and deserve someone special in our lives. i think the key is to try and find someone who is in the same league as you. hot chicks usually want hot guys. average chicks want average guys. and so on. just try to look deep inside a person as you would want her to look into you. sometimes the hot chicks are only hot skin deep and ugly on the inside. trust me, they will end up breaking your heart. i've been married to a hot chick for 8 years and now an average chick fr 5 years and my wife now is so much easier to please. and besides, you can always fantasize about the hot chick.

Johnny12

Reaction score
Take a chance !!!

OK first things first !

For all you know this woman may really like you !

How can you tell? Well it depends on her personality, some women will give you a hard time if they like you, others will just go quiet and be shy (My guess on this one from what you say in your post).

I have dated a lot of women and would be considered by most people experienced and yet with almost no exceptions I would never have a said an girl liked me until we had been on a date. Yes that was pre NW2 era but it still holds true.

Man are terrible at knowing when woman like them (unless they are over confident when they think every woman likes them!!!).

Some practical advice !

When you see her in the office and she looks good tell her (But be light hearted about it).

Avoid big romantic gestures, flowers etc You will look to keen and may put her off, the time for that sort of thing is when you have been going out for a while. But when you get the chance ask her for a date. I know it is easy to say but the worst that happens is she says no. Where as the worst that happens if you don't is that you torture yourself about it for the rest of your life.

Think long and hard about when you last felt like this ? Not often I bet, so go for it!!! You won't feel this way many times in your life, so make the most of it when you do!

Goingat20

Reaction score
make a move before its too late, if it doesnt work out then you wont have to worry because she wont be working around you anymore

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
IBM said:
I think i'll never see her anymore. She's going to work other place.

That's even better. Now you can invite her out without your coworkers butting in...a real date. Get her phone number before she leaves. If she's already left, track her down.

It's best not to fish off the company pier anyway.

I'm really sad but life goes on. My only solution is to make other things to compensate this frustration. When i get enough money i'll travel and make some crazy things.

Travel if you want, but don't do it because you're depressed about a stupid girl. There are literally millions of them. Your best therapy will be to go find another...and another...and another.

Her image will be always on my mind.

No it won't. You'll forget about her as soon as you pick yourself up and begin socializing like someone with a pulse. Do you have any guy friends? If not, make some friends and start networking - it's a great way to expand your portfolio of dateable women.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Gotta agree with this guy ^
IBM you're acting like she was the love of your life. I understood that you'd barely even spoken to this girl. How long did you know her for? You will soon find another girl who you have feelings for. (Girls can be found everywhere)
Perhaps you will bump into her in the future. Trust me there will be many more girls that you fall for in your lifetime.