Lost, Won and Lost

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness especially when combined with Telogen Effluvium issues is often an intractable problem and especially for younger guys who are used to science having solved other things or ameliorated them, like acne and dermatitis, to be told that balding in one's teens is a permanent situation and that the only recourse is a life-time of medication use can be staggering. Some of these guys are still virgins and haven't even "used" their hair yet so to speak. Others, like me were promised that we could grow long hair once we were out of our father's house. That didn't work out so well for me since my hair stopped looking good long at 17 although I didn't notice actual incipient baldness until I was almost 20 but it partially ruined college for me.
thnx for your information i appreciate reading into others minds about balding. my case is horrible i was a dense nw1 and braided my hair 3 times with tight af african braids that made me lose 50% density in 6 months, the black women braiding told me if its not tight it doesnt look nice but anw thats in the past il make a post about it, later saw after taking the braids out i was losing 100 hair a day where before i wasnt and i thought it was just my hair recovering from the braids damage, 2 years later receded to nw3 and very diffused and was like alright im going on meds but part of me had given up a long time ago, im on 1.25 mg finasteride daily, 5mg oral min daily, min5% once at night, microneedling 1,5mm weekly and some other small stuff, i have ru58841 and plan on using it in a few weeks, hopefully il regrow some hair but i think im already seeing some tiny progress not even 2 months in, anw can you please see the latest thread i made and tell me your opinion on my scalp there?! would really appreciate it

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thnx for your information i appreciate reading into others minds about balding. my case is horrible i was a dense nw1 and braided my hair 3 times with tight af african braids that made me lose 50% density in 6 months, the black women braiding told me if its not tight it doesnt look nice but anw thats in the past il make a post about it, later saw after taking the braids out i was losing 100 hair a day where before i wasnt and i thought it was just my hair recovering from the braids damage, 2 years later receded to nw3 and very diffused and was like alright im going on meds but part of me had given up a long time ago, im on 1.25 mg finasteride daily, 5mg oral min daily, min5% once at night, microneedling 1,5mm weekly and some other small stuff, i have ru58841 and plan on using it in a few weeks, hopefully il regrow some hair but i think im already seeing some tiny progress not even 2 months in, anw can you please see the latest thread i made and tell me your opinion on my scalp there?! would really appreciate it
I certainly will but hair is something where the races differ and it's okay to acknowledge that. I know that breakage is a big deal with Black hair and that excessive dryness or traction can also cause hair loss. Of course, I will look and anything I can do, please ask. Sometimes we get to talking about flowing long hair and that doesn't represent many folks' experiences but they are suffering from terrible pain as well. Many whites think that Blacks often look better bald although I realize balding is age-related so there is stigma but Michael Jordan just owned it and now folks of all shades go for that look but I think the lack of abrupt contrast makes African-Americans, along with head shape look better bald than white guys or Asian guys but hopefully I haven't spoken out of turn. Can you give me the link? and all of sudden, I think that you are white but anyway, I stand by this whole post, lol.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I mean didn’t your doctor recommend finasteride when you got the transplant? You gotta take it to protect the hair that isn’t dht resistant. I’d start taking finasteride and get another transplant if you can afford it
The point is he lost transplanted hair, which is supposed to be "permanent". Clinics won't tell you that it's actually entirely dependent on the androgen sensitivity of your recipient region. Without finasteride you may be one of the unlucky ones.

happysoul

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can my docter prescribe finasteride? Or is there any finasteride tab available without Doctor prescription.

happysoul

My Regimen
Reaction score
The point is he lost transplanted hair, which is supposed to be "permanent". Clinics won't tell you that it's actually entirely dependent on the androgen sensitivity of your recipient region. Without finasteride you may be one of the unlucky ones.
True. I was told i would never loose the transplanted hair but never realized that it was a tactic to attract me.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I certainly will but hair is something where the races differ and it's okay to acknowledge that. I know that breakage is a big deal with Black hair and that excessive dryness or traction can also cause hair loss. Of course, I will look and anything I can do, please ask. Sometimes we get to talking about flowing long hair and that doesn't represent many folks' experiences but they are suffering from terrible pain as well. Many whites think that Blacks often look better bald although I realize balding is age-related so there is stigma but Michael Jordan just owned it and now folks of all shades go for that look but I think the lack of abrupt contrast makes African-Americans, along with head shape look better bald than white guys or Asian guys but hopefully I haven't spoken out of turn. Can you give me the link? and all of sudden, I think that you are white but anyway, I stand by this whole post, lol.

Link and yeah im white :p

happysoul

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean didn’t your doctor recommend finasteride when you got the transplant? You gotta take it to protect the hair that isn’t dht resistant. I’d start taking finasteride and get another transplant if you can afford it
Done with second transplant last week.

Attachments

• 20211009_204418.jpg
    20211009_204418.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 147
  • 20211011_224809.jpg
    20211011_224809.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 136

jjuliajul11

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad has a very bad hair situation and I decided to buy him medicine. I do not understand this much and therefore sought help on the Internet. But in fact I was helped with express scripts customer service ( https://express-scripts.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html ). So my dad liked the gift and he doesn't lose his hair now and even grows better and faster. I also genetically lose water, but I use vitamins, eat right and exercise, so now I'm fine and my hair is not falling out so much.

Last edited: