Losing weight tips thread

Trebor

Reaction score
I have learned that you can eat just about anything as long as it is in moderation. You can actually use the FDA nutrition triangle for a healthy diet. Most people make things way more complicated than they need to be.

Look at the food triangle for example. It alone shows that meat, poultry and fish are in one section that is the smallest of two. So why is it that we make it the main course instead of a small side dish the way it should be.

My main point though is that the real problem we have is not really what we eat. It is our lack of exercise. If you ate reasonably and exercised the way you should then fat would probably not be an issue.

For fast results you could try Colonic hydrotherapy... or Crystal Meth.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I'm trying to lose weight also. Got up to 200 @5'9". Want to lose about 30lbs.

For the past couple weeks I've been eating mostly lean chicken/veggies/yogurt/etc.. Damn it sucks. I could EASILY scarf down 4 hot dogs or a whole pizza right now...my body craves fat.

I've reduced my beer intake (probably 2-3/day average) and instead have a diet coke and vodka when I feel like a cocktail. The only soft drinks I consume are diets. Yes, it sucks.

I would dive in a pool full of Wolf Brand Chili right now... that's how desperate I am for fat.

Felk

Reaction score
Eeek, you're lighter than I am. I was around 53kgs until recently, but now since working out i'm about 58kg.

Put some meat on you!

G

When you are talking about weight you should also mention your height. Kilogramms alone don´t mean much.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
IBM said:
No around 50 kilos.

Holy crap do you have the "High 5" or what?

G

IBM hasn't responded yet. I hope he didn't lose more weight and disappear.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
5'11 130 pounds or so, way under weight eh?

G

no, breakfast is essential for people who want to lose weight.

it makes you feel fuller during the middle of the day and its effect continues towards the end of the day which are the two times when people tend to cra m the food down.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
IBM, whilst moderating your portion size and resisting the temptation to snack between meals are important, albeit obvious, steps towards weight loss, the suggestion that people should routinely skip breakfast is misguided. A bowl of cereal (one of the boring, healthy ones), or a couple of pieces of fruit in the morning is, as JayMan said, an effective way to reduce one's intake throughout the remainder of the day.

In addition to which, many people will find it physically very demanding to work straight through to lunch on an empty stomach (leading to pre-lunch snacking), especially if they're getting some exercise in before work - then missing breakfast is just insane.

Slarti