Losing my hair at 17 pls help

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone saying jump straight onto dutasteride at 17, sorry but you are giving out awful awful advice.

Firstly the hair looks fine and most likely if at all will creep back into your later years, I recommend keeping an eye on it take regular photos and compare, see a derm and doctor. The key is not panicking hair loss can and usually is a very long process, knee jerk reaction could lead to you committing to medical products that are excessive.

Treatments - try finasteride if you loose ground, wait a year evaluate results and add minoxidil if needed.

dutasteride is not needed.

Samad7194

My Regimen
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So do they look all kinda look like sting the singer I think the long hair I have kind of makes it looks worst when pushing it back to show the hairline and would you recommend I take anything else than what you have mentioned like a really good shampoo brand or anything I just use no-name brand shampoo but don't mind getting something else if it will be better

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone saying jump straight onto dutasteride at 17, sorry but you are giving out awful awful advice.

Firstly the hair looks fine and most likely if at all will creep back into your later years, I recommend keeping an eye on it take regular photos and compare, see a derm and doctor.

Treatments - try finasteride if you loose ground, wait a year evaluate results and add minoxidil if needed.

dutasteride is not needed.
These are prescription meds so listen to a doctor. Nobody is putting anyone on anything. He asked about future options and maintenance. Sigh. People on here always have to press their point of view.

GettyImages-109360976-1567960742-compressed.jpg

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 161328View attachment 161329View attachment 161330View attachment 161331
So do they look all kinda look like sting the singer I think the long hair I have kind of makes it looks worst when pushing it back to show the hairline and would you recommend I take anything else than what you have mentioned like a really good shampoo brand or anything I just use no-name brand shampoo but don't mind getting something else if it will be better
Keto 2 percent helps with inflammation but you need a prescription. There's Nizoral 1 percent which is OTC. Selsun Blue is great for inflammation and fungi control and H&S is zinc-based and best for everyday use.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but this is not referencing future options, its outright suggesting going nuclear as a first line of defence for a concerned 17 year old, I think there are many better ways to address this and advise. No problem going through the available treatments but it needs some context surely?

"Dutasteride. If not possible, then go for Finasteride. I know some 16-year olds having great maintenance on Dutasteride."
OP, dutasteride, finasteride and loniten require a prescription and a consultation with a doctor which can some times be done online with Keeps or ForHim via mail order. We are not doctors not even Mr. Doing it Right.

Samad7194

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got an appt with a doctor next week and ill listen to him I'm just getting educated at this point

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got an appt with a doctor next week and ill listen to him I'm just getting educated at this point
That's what I figured and that you especially wanted info from older XY's about how hair loss often progresses. I have been looking at hairlines since I was 20 when I started balding and you really can see patterns among people you see and you can notice what hairlines seem to endure and which ones do not. Famous people like Roberty Duvall and Gene Hackman and Sting and even Ringo can be illustrative. Ringo has ended up balding similar to Sting but for 80 years old, it's decent and Paul, might be using a system finally but he is very gray nevertheless. I loved his hair on the White Album glossy inserts plus his stubble looked cool to me when I was 17.

Samad7194

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I figured and that you especially wanted info from older XY's about how hair loss often progresses. I have been looking at hairlines since I was 20 when I started balding and you really can see patterns among people you see and you can notice what hairlines seem to endure and which ones do not. Famous people like Roberty Duvall and Gene Hackman and Sting and even Ringo can be illustrative. Ringo has ended up balding similar to Sting but for 80 years old, it's decent and Paul, might be using a system finally but he is very gray nevertheless. I loved his hair on the White Album glossy inserts plus his stubble looked cool to me when I was 17.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats good to know, I had a similar onset of recession around 17-19 if it gives you peace of mind it did not budge for 6-7 years at which point it was easily treated with finasteride.

Good luck!

Samad7194

My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly is a hair system but still wondering are those new photos I sent still look like stings hair

Samad7194

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats good to know, I had a similar onset of recession around 17-19 if it gives you peace of mind it did not budge for 6-7 years at which point it was easily treated with finasteride.

Good luck!
So even though it's genetics it may not budge for the next 5 years and could be easily treated with finasteride

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly is a hair system but still wondering are those new photos I sent still look like stings hair
I was being a bit rude but his pic looks like a hair helmet meaning either no hair loss or probably a system, i.e., wig for men. You can often tell by the extremely low hairline plus there can be a bit of kink to the sytem

If that is his hair, then he doesn't appear to need meds at all but yes, if you look at the Sting photo I posted you look similar although he was at least ten years older than you in that pic. He declined a little until the end of the '80's and then stabilized. Once a person hits 70 or so, an aging factor can re-start hair loss but by that time, we should have lego hair.

1619794318240.png

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was being a bit rude but his pic looks like a hair helmet meaning either no hair loss or probably a system. If that is his hair, then he doesn't appear to need meds at all but yes, if you look at the Sting photo I posted you look similar although he was at least ten years older than you in that pic. He declined a little until the end of the '80's and then stabilized. Once a person hits 70 or so, an aging factor can re-start hair loss but by that time, we should have lego hair.
Ha you are indeed rude, I guess that comes with age.

Samad7194

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, thanks, well I think definitely without meds in a few years I would start having hair fall out so hoping to keep the set of hair now

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha you are indeed rude, I guess that comes with age.
You were a bit rude and self-assuming about my interactions. I don't push meds on anyone. I do not practice medicine online. I guess, it just seems presumptive to give advice under a system but maybe you have a full head of hair under there just like I do under my charming, I hope, wig.

Goddess bless and great hair to all.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You were a bit rude and self-assuming about my interactions. I don't push meds on anyone. I do not practice medicine online. I guess, it just seems presumptive to give advice under a system but maybe you have a full head of hair under there just like I do under my charming, I hope, wig.

As the great John Stamos said: "It's not how old you are; it's how much hair you have that matters...."

Samad7194

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its more well my hair still is brown but once I get a few gray hairs well then I just probably won't care about my set of hair

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How assumptious, I actually agree with all your advice and was not talking about you :D