Losing Large Amount Of Hair With A Godspeed In 23.

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings from Russia, guys.
I came here to hear any opinions or pieces of advice since that problem is making me so much obsessed. We do have some forums in Russia, but recently i was reading only hairloss.com

First of all, i'm 23 years old male. Don't do drugs, no smoking, but sometimes drink alcohol. For the past 1 year, i think, sometimes i drank too much. Don't see any correlation with MBP, just for you to know. About 1.5 years ago had a painful breakup with my ex-girlfriend. Never loved her, btw, but the break up was so emotionally painful that i'd lost a large amount of muscles and had a severe depression for a very long time since i couldn't forgive myself for that i tried to help a person who doesn't deserve it. It may sound foolishly, but this truly destabilised my mind, soul and so on. There were some more painful moments in recent year. But sometimes later I was ok.
Between 13-20 years was always in shape, trained about 3 times a week + always 1 day played basketball with my mates.
About one year ago I've noticed that my hair changed the structure, but there was no shedding, no bald-spots and so on. About 7-8 months ago I've noticed some temple recession, but it wasn't something bad, i've always had a big forehead and a widow's peak. But about a half and year ago my crown has started to thin with a godspeed. There were tons of shedding. So it took about half and a year to have a very bad crown (in my opinion since the density is sh*t). There's a bald patch that wasn't there just some time ago. Is it typical for MBP?
I will attach photos for you to look and will be so much grateful to hear your opinions since i'm losing all my confidence very fast.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) 1.5 year ago. Hair was very thick.
2) About 7-8 months ago, no bald spots or anything, just a slight recession of the left temple.
3) Crown right now. You can see that the overall density is very low + a bald spot that has only some weak hairs that will fall out.
4) Hair right now when styled.
5) Wet hair. There's no obvious bald spots, but you can see that density is sh*t.

I know that some of you here have more problems than I, but this bald patch is progressing too fast. Only a half and year from full crown to shitty crown with a bald spot. Overall quality of hair became sh*t without styling and density is very low. But the crown has the lowest density.

P.S. Sorry for the wrong preposition in the topic name. Done that accidentally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123_142417.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123_142417.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 528
  • Screenshot_20200120_042706.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120_042706.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 489
  • Screenshot_20200123_134706-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200123_134706-01.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_20200123_145525.jpg
    IMG_20200123_145525.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_20200123_145329.jpg
    IMG_20200123_145329.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
youre crown looks good to me.

when your hair is wet of course its going to look thin, especially when you put your hairs straight up pointing to the camera

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
youre crown looks good to me.

when your hair is wet of course its going to look thin, especially when you put your hairs straight up pointing to the camera
Thank you for your reply, my man. I know that it seems okay when it's styled with hairspray, but as I said before without that the crown is too thin so that you can feel your scalp when touching it and see the scalp when standing under the direct light. I had no such issue before. I'm just wondering how is it possible to lose such an amount of hair in no time.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re always going to be able to see your crown due to the nature of a whirl. It’s normal to see scalp under direct light. Worst case, you’re maturing, but I don’t see a problem here.

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re always going to be able to see your crown due to the nature of a whirl. It’s normal to see scalp under direct light. Worst case, you’re maturing, but I don’t see a problem here.
First of all, thank you for your reply.
I know my hair is maturing, but what I'm talking about is i have never had any see through under direct light etc. Just a little bit, may be. Moreover, I couldn't style my hair anymore since the quality is sh*t and this happened so fast. You can judge by the picture and see that there's no volume now.
Also, I've read at someone's topic that his hair started sticking out and that was the sign. This is exactly my case, because nearly all the hairs at the back of my head are sticking out. Including itchiness in the crown area.

Attachments

• IMG_20200124_091603.jpg
    IMG_20200124_091603.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20200124_092332.jpg
    IMG_20200124_092332.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20200124_092407.jpg
    IMG_20200124_092407.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 343

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your reply.
I know my hair is maturing, but what I'm talking about is i have never had any see through under direct light etc. Just a little bit, may be. Moreover, I couldn't style my hair anymore since the quality is sh*t and this happened so fast. You can judge by the picture and see that there's no volume now.
Also, I've read at someone's topic that his hair started sticking out and that was the sign. This is exactly my case, because nearly all the hairs at the back of my head are sticking out. Including itchiness in the crown area.
youre crown is fine and normal looking.
im judging by youre pictures that you might have BDD because theres nothing wrong at all with your crown

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
youre crown is fine and normal looking.
im judging by youre pictures that you might have BDD because theres nothing wrong at all with your crown
Thank you again, my man. Yes, I do have something like BDD since my hair started to thin and fall out and sometimes I'm too much ashamed of myself and thinking that everyone sees my crown thinning. Can't skip these thoughts.
I want to start treatments, but I'm afraid that I'll make the situation much worse.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That moment when you read the title of the thread and think that inside are some pics of a NW7 at 23 years old who lost it all in a year.

You definitely have BDD, not some kind of BDD. If you are really desperate, monitor it with pictures and if you see big changes, and i mean real ones, then you can be worried or searching for options.

Your hair looks great even wet, you have no signs of miniaturization from what you can see through a picture, do you have baldies in your family, dad, mom, moms dad, dads dad, etc? And if yes when did they start balding and where are they now, this is how you can make an idea of the probability of you going on one of "their roads" even if it's not mandatory to follow the same route, even if all the men in your family are bald, you could still have a chance to be the only one with hair, even if it's a low one from what the available information says.

Last edited:

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
That moment when you read the title of the thread and think that inside are some pics of a NW7 at 23 years old who lost it all in a year.

You definitely have BDD, not some kind of BDD. If you are really desperate, monitor it with pictures and if you see big changes, and i mean real ones, then you can be worried or searching for options.

Your hair looks great even wet, you have no signs of miniaturization from what you can see through a picture, do you have baldies in your family, dad, mom, moms dad, dads dad, etc? And if yes when did they start balding and where are they now, this is how you can make an idea if the probability of you going on one of "their roads" even if it's not mandatory to follow the same route, even if all the men in your family are bald, you could still have a chance to be the only one with hair, even if it's a low one from what the available information says.
Hello! I'm very thankful for your encouraging words, but don't think I'm so much paranoid.
Yes, you're right: I don't really have miniaturization, but you can see that there're no hairs at all in the place where the bald patch is. Only some very thin hairs. What I was speaking above is that i do have very very thin crown and when I touch other areas of my head they're of much more density.
Don't think that I do have lots of bald relatives. My father started to lose his hair in his mid-thirties, has never seen his father since he died in a motorcycle accident when my father was a kid. Now he has some problems due to his age, of course, but only with hairline. His crown is grey, but totally okay.
Speaking about grandfather from my mother's side – yes, he became bald in his fifties, and started to recede, i guess, nearly thirties.

Also, i wanted to ask you a question: some hairs are too easily pulled out. By this I mean I don't make any effort to pull them out. They're too weak and don't have any bulb at their ends. Just something resembling a very small hook at the end. They don't seem to look alive. They're pale and lifeless.

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I'm very thankful for your encouraging words, but don't think I'm so much paranoid.
Yes, you're right: I don't really have miniaturization, but you can see that there're no hairs at all in the place where the bald patch is. Only some very thin hairs. What I was speaking above is that i do have very very thin crown and when I touch other areas of my head they're of much more density.
Don't think that I do have lots of bald relatives. My father started to lose his hair in his mid-thirties, has never seen his father since he died in a motorcycle accident when my father was a kid. Now he has some problems due to his age, of course, but only with hairline. His crown is grey, but totally okay.
Speaking about grandfather from my mother's side – yes, he became bald in his fifties, and started to recede, i guess, nearly thirties.

Also, i wanted to ask you a question: some hairs are too easily pulled out. By this I mean I don't make any effort to pull them out. They're too weak and don't have any bulb at their ends. Just something resembling a very small hook at the end. They don't seem to look alive. They're pale and lifeless.

Only a skin biopsy could tell from where you think the problem is and a trichology exam too see exactly if there is some sort of miniaturization at he back. I suggest you talk with a good dermatologist or trichologist and get a proper consultation, it could get you the answers you seek, nobody can actually tell from looking at some photos online, with flash in them. Go to a doctor and take pictures every a couple of months of your hair and see how it goes, it's the best and sincere advice i could give you. Good luck

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only a skin biopsy could tell from where you think the problem is and a trichology exam too see exactly if there is some sort of miniaturization at he back. I suggest you talk with a good dermatologist or trichologist and get a proper consultation, it could get you the answers you seek, nobody can actually tell from looking at some photos online, with flash in them. Go to a doctor and take pictures every a couple of months of your hair and see how it goes, it's the best and sincere advice i could give you. Good luck
You're too honest for a person with such a nickname. Thank you so much for your advice and your attention to my topic. Have a good day and all the best!

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're too honest for a person with such a nickname. Thank you so much for your advice and your attention to my topic. Have a good day and all the best!

If there would be more sincere and not personally invested people with hidden interests in this world, it would make things much more easier, regardless of the subject in matter. Glad i could help, good luck and stay safe.

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
See a derm if you’re this bothered.
Hair looks good.
Hello, my mate! Again, I'm very thankful for such a reply without any anger I'm so paranoid and so on. I've already met my therapist today and again will check my blood on Monday and see what's going on.
Very thankful to your community from my heart!

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello again, guys, and especially those who have given their pieces of advice in my thread. I do really appreciate all the help you've done to me here.
I've made a decision and today in a few hours I'm going to my hairstylist and buzz my hair down to 1/0 level to see the actual situation on my head. I'd say this is really a tough decision since I've never done this before and wouldn't be lying I'm afraid to see the bald spots especially the one that bothers me most.
Writing here since after that I'll make a decision whether to hop on treatments and struggle or let the situation go. Maybe for someone it'll be helpful since I do want to continue my thread and share my experience and thoughts.
Thank you.

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you helped your ex gf if she did not deserve but you still do not love her? Doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest...

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you helped your ex gf if she did not deserve but you still do not love her? Doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest...
Hi, Johnny. As I mentioned before, I'm Russian and English is not my native language so I might have explained the things a bit strange. I wanted to say that this was something like sex-drive and nothing more. But then some things happened and I was somehow addicted and tried to help her, but couldn't.

Last edited:

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I did this. It isn't so bad I thought it would be. Under the flash of the camera it's OK, but under the lamp I can see thinning areas going through the crown.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_185232.jpg
    IMG_20200201_185232.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20200201_185128.jpg
    IMG_20200201_185128.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20200201_185108.jpg
    IMG_20200201_185108.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20200201_185035.jpg
    IMG_20200201_185035.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20200201_170840.jpg
    IMG_20200201_170840.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 180

Sergey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any opinions, guys? What's the best decision to make next? I know that some of you would say it's okay judging the previous photos, I made one under the direct light so you definitely can see some thinning and one without. On the last one you can see that it has started and the density is different although the length is the same.
Hop on finasteride to save me some time and to think about transplant in the future or what?
Would appreciate your opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_104830-02.jpeg
    IMG_20200204_104830-02.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20200204_105210.jpg
    IMG_20200204_105210.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 145