losing hair young sucks

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
i know how you feel soccerguy. i'm young too, 19, and i'm thinking about dropping out because of hair loss as well. i just don't like being around people my age, or older, and seeing them with thick luscious heads of hair, i just think it's horribly unfair. it gets me down, i'm not motivated, i'm not determined, i feel like nothing.

looking at your photo's, i can't tell if i'm at your stage. i leave my hair longer, and it isn't noticeable except from directly above. but it still drives me crazy. at times i wish i was just like lex luthor (had no hair since birth) so i wouldn't have to deal with male pattern baldness. other times, i wish every other male on earth was bald, that it was normal. most times, i just wish there was a LASTING cure. maybe one day there will be. HM seems to be a good wish at the moment. let's just hope it comes soon and both of us can get to it before we ruin our lives by dropping out hey?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Finesteride/dutesteride can help you keep what you have left, and a good Hair transplant (by one of the best surgeons) can give you back a good appearance. There is hope.

soccerguy11

Reaction score
alirght, im not nearly as depressed as I was when I started this thread. (not going to drop out of school)

i buzzed my head and use minoxidil and you can barely see the diffusion, looks like im a NW2/3. anyways, im still thinking about an hair transplant from a top Doctor, and I'm realistic about the results.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Wait until meds have stabilised you hairloss then consult a top surgeon Feller,Cole, Hassan and Wong etc. Its tuff as hell right now but in a few years you could have a reasonable amount of hair on your head and you'll still be a young man.
Ps as you get older it does get easier as others around you start to suffer the effects of ageing. I dont have a lot of hair on my head but at least I dont look/feel bald anymore. I was a nw6 and lost it relativly young.

CCS

Reaction score
it is kind of annoying when chubby women think they look better than I do, just because I have receded hair. It does not hurt though because I'm not that attracted to them anyway. Whereas if a hot woman thinks she is better looking than me, I agree. No insult taken there. It still sucks though.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats the thing isn't it there are plenty of good looking guys who've had their looks ruined by hairloss. But also I've seen chubby women with cute faces and thought "if she could just lose 20lbs she'd be hot". But losing weight is difficult and regrowing hair is almost impossible. (so unfair) Dont you just hate it when you see a guy who's fat, has no style and obviously does'nt care about his appearance and he's got great hair. (such a waste :D )

s.a.f

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
if a hot woman thinks she is better looking than me, I agree. No insult taken there. It still sucks though.

Reminds me of something that happened to me at work a few years back.
I have been working out for about 10yrs now and have gotten a pretty good body, not huge but just athletic like a gymnast or boxer (not bragging here, honest). Anyway the best looking girl at work comes up to me and says "Us girls have been talking and we all think that you have the best body out of all the men here". (we all wear these small, pretty tight t-shirts at work). After a pause she then adds "Its just a shame its got your head ontop of it". I had to laugh as I realised she was dead right.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think of that. I'd have responded, "no, it's a shame my hard work can't improve my face just as much, unless you have any ideas." I know i've thought that about women before. But if a woman earns her good body, and a pretty faced woman is fat, it would be wrong to switch heads, unless the brain that made the boy can stay in the one with the good stuff. It's only fair.

s.a.f

Reaction score
To a certain extent we're all at the mercy of our genes. Is it just a coincidence that I started working out at about the same time as I started to notice my hairloss? Why have I worked so hard on my body? Who knows but it stands to reason that if you have a face (and hair) that women find attractive you dont need to worry so much about your body do you? To an extent your build is also geneticly determined some people can eat what they like and find it hard to gain weight while some find it very difficult to lose weight and easy to gain it.
The girl that I mentioned has a good body although she never works out and eats pretty much whatever she likes.

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
misscrownofglory said:
this is really not a welcomed fact especially if you're stricken with it at a very young age. good for men they can still get away with it due to fashion or popularity of some movie or Hollywood characters.

but here's something that could be help.

Peddle your wares elsewhere, you have six posts and they all point to this site (notice the referrer number in the link).

Aren't enough people making money off the hairless?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
misscrownofglory said:
this is really not a welcomed fact especially if you're stricken with it at a very young age.

If you were losing your hair young, you wouldn't be recommending some snake oil.

Get out of here.