L'Oreals research blames excess Collagen for baldness.......

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is absolutely true and to solve this you need

urea, vitamin b5, salicylic acid etc

just google those ingredients and you will find creams selling it
Cheers! I’ll add these to my regime.

I’ve been on oral minoxidil and it really messed with my collagen.

My skin lost its elasticity and the skin around my eyes went saggy and old looking.

Anything to improve collagen or remove dead collagen seems like a win to me.

Do you think that this could mitigate the effects of oral minoxidil?

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
Also why creams not pills?

Well - the skin is an organ.

So applying things directly to the skin works better than oral pills.

There's a famous youtube video, this doctor applies a cleaning solution to these people's scalps and underneath is the hair.

They were never really bald. There is just masses of dead skin there. Perhaps someone knows the video.

vitamin b3 niacinamide also refreshes the collagen, so urea, b5 and b3 could help.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well - the skin is an organ.

So applying things directly to the skin works better than oral pills.

There's a famous youtube video, this doctor applies a cleaning solution to these people's scalps and underneath is the hair.

They were never really bald. There is just masses of dead skin there. Perhaps someone knows the video.

vitamin b3 niacinamide also refreshes the collagen, so urea, b5 and b3 could help.
I don’t suppose you have any direct links to a product that you’d recommend for me to research - googling those ingredients is a can of worms.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t suppose you have any direct links to a product that you’d recommend for me to research - googling those ingredients is a can of worms.

you could just buy cosmetic urea crystals, panethnol powder and niacinamide powder, mix in everclear/water

Panthenol Extra Hand Cream contains 5% Panthenol and is fortified with 5% Urea.

Mr. Slaps Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like we got ourselves another negative nancy forum noob - hi there @Mr. Slaps Head welcome to the next ten years of your life.
Lmao I knew you’d say something about a noob. I’ve been on this sub for years under various accounts. You contribute nothing to this sub. At all. Zero. You’re trash. I’ve literally seen you dismiss info from new members only to back the same info when experienced members repeat it. You’re Pseudo-intellectual wannabe scientist who could only dream of having the intellectual capacity that Pegasus has.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
You piggy back off the smart users to make yourself appear intelligent, but lack it.
I wish there was a yawn emoji.

While you’ve been “watching” and contributing nothing (well done by the way), I’ve had countless conversations with people and supported many many many people on these forums.

Whether it’s been on hair transplant advice, providing council to young men depressed or suicidal about this god damn predicament we all share, experience regarding various topicals, participation in GBs, or simply helping noobs get into line because they share nothing but negative poisonous speculation, I’m here to stay.

So contribute or shut up ya old noob.

Last edited:

Mr. Slaps Head

My Regimen
Reaction score

While you’ve been “watching” and contributing nothing (well done by the way), I’ve had countless conversations with people and supported many many many people on these forums.

Whether it’s been on hair transplant advice, providing council to young men depressed or suicidal about this god damn predicament we all share, experience regarding various topicals, participation in GBs, or simply helping noobs get into line because they share nothing but negative poisonous speculation, I’m here to stay.

Tell yourself whatever you need to. All you’ve done is degrade new members. You know I’m right.

Mr. Slaps Head

My Regimen
Reaction score

You know nothing about hair transplants nor are you qualified to council anybody. You don’t help noobs get in line. You act like you’re all knowing on this sub when in reality you’re on of the worst “senior” members.

Mr. Slaps Head

My Regimen
Reaction score

And before you start going off about how I contribute nothing to this sub, let me tell you a little story. Years ago I made a post about a natural (sorry I know that word scares people) topical I made. I even provided microscopic pictures images showing a a roughly 5-10% reversal in miniaturization in my temples. You dragged me through the mud calling me a noob and stating I knew nothing.
A year later you commented on a study for the same natural ingredient saying it looks promising and told the “senior” member good job even though I presented the same exact thing as a “new member”. Gtfo

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell yourself whatever you need to. All you’ve done is degrade new members. You know I’m right.
Only ones that have been here for 5 mins and all they do is whinge and complain - kinda exactly what you’re doing now.

So welcome back. Looking forward to seeing if you deliver anything positive.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know nothing about hair transplants nor are you qualified to council anybody. You don’t help noobs get in line. You act like you’re all knowing on this sub when in reality you’re on of the worst “senior” members.
That’s not true. I’ve had two hair transplants, for one I was even on HSC which unfortunately crashed and burned but god damn that was a interesting trial be involved in.

I must have replied to at least 10 other men helping them decide whether to hair transplant or not hair transplant.

My experience above was merely stating an effect of oral minoxidil on my skin.
Not sure how you disliking the effect a drug had on somebody else is useful to anybody here interested in real life experiences.

If I grilled you in the past I apologise. But it’s still true, dont whinge, nobody likes a whinger.

Mr. Slaps Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only ones that have been here for 5 mins and all they do is whinge and complain - kinda exactly what you’re doing now.

So welcome back. Looking forward to seeing if you deliver anything positive.
Pfff, please. Let’s look at another example. I shared information on here before that I got from Hasson. Not Hasson’s assistant. Not Hasson’s secretary. From Hasson himself. I literally talked to him on the phone (hard thing to accomplish I might add) and shared the information on the sub. In the post I didn’t mention Hasson, only that I had talked to a local transplant doctor. You told me no reputable hair transplant doctor would say that. Guess Hasson isn’t reputable. You’re literally scum.

Mr. Slaps Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not true. I’ve had two hair transplants, for one I was even on HSC which unfortunately crashed and burned but god damn that was a interesting trial be involved in.

I must have replied to at least 10 other men helping them decide whether to hair transplant or not hair transplant.

My experience above was merely stating an effect of oral minoxidil on my skin.
Not sure how you disliking the effect a drug had on somebody else is useful to anybody here interested in real life experiences.

If I grilled you in the past I apologise. But it’s still true, dont whinge, nobody likes a whinger.
And just remember, you’re the one who called me out. A normal person who see’s something they don’t like just dislikes the post and moves on. You’re the one who decided to post to “hAtE oN DeM NoObs”

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pfff, please. Let’s look at another example. I shared information on here before that I got from Hasson. Not Hasson’s assistant. Not Hasson’s secretary. From Hasson himself. I literally talked to him on the phone (hard thing to accomplish I might add) and shared the information on the sub. In the post I didn’t mention Hasson, only that I had talked to a local transplant doctor. You told me no reputable hair transplant doctor would say that. Guess Hasson isn’t reputable. You’re literally scum.
Woah man take a chill pill. And clap clap for making a phone call. You deserve a badge.

Science evolves. I literally remember the day Hassan and Wong went public about their topical finasteride and remember how happy I was - prior to that the science was dubious.

Obviously that is so important for people who have side effects with oral. If I was dubious it’s because I’ve seen SOOOO many scams and sooooo many brothers get ripped off.

We might even be on the same page now.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
"The pathogenesis of male-pattern-baldness (male pattern baldness) is the same as acne. The first step in acne is a condition called follicular-hyperkeratinization or hyperkeratosis. Simply put, this means excess skin production inside and around the hair-follicle. The next step is caused by excess sebum production, followed by P.Acnes infestation of the pilosebaceous-follicle, with subsequent inflammation. So to summarize, male pattern baldness, just like acne, is caused by four main factors: (1) follicular-hyperkeratinization, (2) excess sebum production, (3) P.Acnes, and (4) inflammation [1].

Free-IGF-1 (insulin-like-growth-factor-1) stimulates the proliferation of keratinocytes (skin cells below the scalp). As the keratinocytes mature, they migrate to the top of the scalp and become what is known as corneocytes. If all goes well, the corneocytes are supposed to be shed off the scalp in a process called apoptosis. The shedding of corneocytes or the apoptosis of corneocytes, is under the influence of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like-growth-factor-binding-protein-3) and endogenous retinoids. In men with male-pattern-baldness, they have excess free-IGF-1 and not enough IGFBP-3 [2]. The result of this is hyperkeratinization; too much skin production, and not enough skin exfoliation. This causes the hair-follicle to be blocked by excess skin. Free-IGF-1 is required for keratinocyte proliferation in humans [3] and too much IGF-1 results in hyperkeratosis [4].

So, in order to reverse hyperkeratosis, exfoliating the scalp is needed. Using glycolic-acid topically is suggested. Glycolic-acid is what's called an alpha-hydroxy-acid. Alpha-hydroxy-acids are shown to diminish corneocyte cohesion, induce exfoliation and reverse hyperkeratosis. This should promote regrowth.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"The pathogenesis of male-pattern-baldness (male pattern baldness) is the same as acne. The first step in acne is a condition called follicular-hyperkeratinization or hyperkeratosis. Simply put, this means excess skin production inside and around the hair-follicle. The next step is caused by excess sebum production, followed by P.Acnes infestation of the pilosebaceous-follicle, with subsequent inflammation. So to summarize, male pattern baldness, just like acne, is caused by four main factors: (1) follicular-hyperkeratinization, (2) excess sebum production, (3) P.Acnes, and (4) inflammation [1].

Free-IGF-1 (insulin-like-growth-factor-1) stimulates the proliferation of keratinocytes (skin cells below the scalp). As the keratinocytes mature, they migrate to the top of the scalp and become what is known as corneocytes. If all goes well, the corneocytes are supposed to be shed off the scalp in a process called apoptosis. The shedding of corneocytes or the apoptosis of corneocytes, is under the influence of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like-growth-factor-binding-protein-3) and endogenous retinoids. In men with male-pattern-baldness, they have excess free-IGF-1 and not enough IGFBP-3 [2]. The result of this is hyperkeratinization; too much skin production, and not enough skin exfoliation. This causes the hair-follicle to be blocked by excess skin. Free-IGF-1 is required for keratinocyte proliferation in humans [3] and too much IGF-1 results in hyperkeratosis [4].

So, in order to reverse hyperkeratosis, exfoliating the scalp is needed. Using glycolic-acid topically is suggested. Glycolic-acid is what's called an alpha-hydroxy-acid. Alpha-hydroxy-acids are shown to diminish corneocyte cohesion, induce exfoliation and reverse hyperkeratosis. This should promote regrowth.
Thankfully females don’t get acne otherwise they would suffer from male pattern baldness as well. Or maybe their nightly skincare exfoliation routine with an AHA cures it lmfao