L'Oreal Vive Thickening Shampoo

G

Ive heard Resthairation is a scam. ive heard revivogen is a scam as well.

any thoughts?

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
It not great but not bad either. But it is mild so I like it. My hair gets beat up from Nioxin and Nizoral. The vive is a nice break and it might make it seem fuller.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
More info:

L'Oreal: Visibly thicker
Jason: Half as thick
nizoral: Half as thick
American Crew: Flat and thin

I'm not that blown away by the Jason stuff. Unless someone says otherwise, I'm mixing the nizoral with other shampoos since I don't have an interest in taking 45 minute showers. :)

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
loreal XY shampoo really is great. Thickens the hair, but guys,

do you know if its actually thickening the hair, or if its just some XY chemical on top of the hair,

is it better to use this shampoo every day and it makes your hair thicker naturally? or is it all cosmetics, this would help alot, because i just use it sparingly, but if it actually thickens the hair and health ill use it daily

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whatver shampoo looks the best is the one I like. I've used shampoos that probably had a lot of conditioner stuff in it, and it made my hair looks greasy and flat.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
we need to find out if LOREAL XY actually thickens hair, or just adds chemicals and stuff wich cosmetically thicken your hair, but not actually thicken your hair!!!!!! replies please

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
alright look, since non of you guys inquired i did, i called the 1888 4 LOREAL

number http://www.lorealmen.ca

and asked if the shampoo actually thickens and strengthens hair, and not just like a silicon cosmetic. Well the girl said, yes it does thicken and strengthen the actual hair. And stops it from breaking.

Now, promising news, and since i gave you all the numbers and info, and I want 1-2 other people (1 minimum) to call up, or email these people and enquire again. In ther own words, to find out if this actually strengthens and thickens the hair. And MAKE SURE its not just a chemical type gel mousse stuff (because thats what it feels like)

If we can get another answer that it does actually thicken hair and how it does so, ill be very happy and use it more often, and this little inquiry will also help you guys,

so someone go call these numbers now and get your answer! answer number 2

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that number is wrong, I keep getting a fast busy signal.

beaner

Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:

and asked if the shampoo actually thickens and strengthens hair, and not just like a silicon cosmetic. Well the girl said, yes it does thicken and strengthen the actual hair. And stops it from breaking.

Now, promising news, and since i gave you all the numbers and info, and I want 1-2 other people (1 minimum) to call up, or email these people and enquire again. In ther own words, to find out if this actually strengthens and thickens the hair. And MAKE SURE its not just a chemical type gel mousse stuff (because thats what it feels like)

If we can get another answer that it does actually thicken hair and how it does so, ill be very happy and use it more often, and this little inquiry will also help you guys,

You guys are sending yourselves on a wild goose chase. No shampoo (with the possible exceptions of Nizoral and H@S) is actually going to thicken your hair other than in the cosmetic sense. If you are wondering whether this shampoo actually increases the diameter of the hair shaft the answer is no, all these thickening shampoos do is coat the hair shaft with whatever their thickening ingredients are to give the appearance of fuller hair.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
TheHairGrower said:

You guys are sending yourselves on a wild goose chase. No shampoo (with the possible exceptions of Nizoral and H@S) is actually going to thicken your hair other than in the cosmetic sense. If you are wondering whether this shampoo actually increases the diameter of the hair shaft the answer is no, all these thickening shampoos do is coat the hair shaft with whatever their thickening ingredients are to give the appearance of fuller hair.

Nha.. thats BS..

shampoos, treatments, vitamins in shampoos.. can thicken hair.. im sure..

And the number is right, 888 4 LOREAL

anyhow see what the loreal people say, besides, even better, why dont you call them and debate wether this shampoo thickens hair?

beaner

Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:
beaner said:
TheHairGrower said:

Nha.. thats BS..

shampoos, treatments, vitamins in shampoos.. can thicken hair.. im sure..

And the number is right, 888 4 LOREAL

anyhow see what the loreal people say, besides, even better, why dont you call them and debate wether this shampoo thickens hair?

Why would I call the company and debate this with them....they are obviously trying to sell a product so of course they will say it thickens your hair. Use some common sense dude, if a simple $5 bottle of shampoo is actually going to permanently increase the diameter of your hair shaft , then they would have quite the product on their hands wouldn't they? And btw, what's up with your avatar? I don't see a difference in the before and after...I don't get it.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
my avatar is subtle, check the distance between the eyes, less hair ther, wich makes the thinning temples less obvious.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
beaner, maybe you need to reframe your perspective. I don't think that the Vive shampoo makes my hair look better because it's only making my hair healthier, but also (in my case) my hair looks less flat and greasy. In fact, my feeling is that some shampoos make my hair look flat because they contain conditioners or other stuff like that, that I don't need. I've never suffered from dry hair, it's been the opposite problem for me.

I think folks should try different shampoos (in addition to nizoral 3x week) and see which shampoo works best for them. I have four at my house and here is how I rank them:

L'Oreal Vive: Looks best, hair looks a bit wavy, not greasy at all
American Crew: Looks flat, looks like I have used conditioner
Jason: Looks decent, but my hair is a little flatter than if I use Vive.