Lord hair quality control on french lace units

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've recently starting wearing hair systems, more specifically full french lace systems.

The last 3 hair systems I’ve ordered (2 stock and 1 custom order) have not had bleached knots even when stating it on the order in multiple places. I had my stylist try and bleach the knots but some of the frontal hair fell out and not all of the knots were bleached. Pretty much rendered them useless or with a detectable hairline.

Has anyone else had the same problems from lordhair? I’ve emailed them multiple times but get nothing back.

I chose french lace as I wanted undetectable hairline with durability but these last systems have made me question wearing all together. Is poly any better?

not sure what to do.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've recently starting wearing hair systems, more specifically full french lace systems.

The last 3 hair systems I’ve ordered (2 stock and 1 custom order) have not had bleached knots even when stating it on the order in multiple places. I had my stylist try and bleach the knots but some of the frontal hair fell out and not all of the knots were bleached. Pretty much rendered them useless or with a detectable hairline.

Has anyone else had the same problems from lordhair? I’ve emailed them multiple times but get nothing back.

I chose french lace as I wanted undetectable hairline with durability but these last systems have made me question wearing all together. Is poly any better?

not sure what to do.
I've yet to hear much genuine, positive, feedback regarding Lord hair. Typically, it is mainly promoted by those receiving kickbacks via coupon codes.

They're well known for having obscenely overly dense systems with poorly bleached knots.

I would suggest someone else... like: Lavivid, Northwest lace, MHE, or Top lace.

If your goal is the least detectable hairline, with lace, I would not suggest French. Swiss would be the better option, as it is finer.

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
To avoid the knot issue with darker colours,I always get a 2 inch swiss lace blond front put on my otherwise all french lace 1B colour custom full caps, then dye the front myself. NWL and Coolpiece are my preferred suppliers.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've yet to hear much genuine, positive, feedback regarding Lord hair. Typically, it is mainly promoted by those receiving kickbacks via coupon codes.

They're well known for having obscenely overly dense systems with poorly bleached knots.

I would suggest someone else... like: Lavivid, Northwest lace, MHE, or Top lace.

If your goal is the least detectable hairline, with lace, I would not suggest French. Swiss would be the better option, as it is finer.
Thanks TooBad. I’m going to try another supplier and see if they’re any better.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
To avoid the knot issue with darker colours,I always get a 2 inch swiss lace blond front put on my otherwise all french lace 1B colour custom full caps, then dye the front myself. NWL and Coolpiece are my preferred suppliers.
Cool I’ll try these too. Are these custom orders then?

Sjeng88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you post a picture? How do you dye it?

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just spoken to Lavivd and on a full Swiss lace unit for colour 1B they only seem to bleach the front hairline.

I mean that’s not a major thing for me as long as the front hairline is undetectable. I’ve never worn Swiss lace before but I guess I’ll find out how easy/hard it is to install, how durable it is and more importantly how undetectable it is especially on an exposed hairline.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely make sure that you bleach the knots in the frontal hairline especially if you wear a lighter colored unit. My last system from HD knots were not bleached and it appears as though there's tiny brown spots sticking out of the scalp. Now I have to be careful when I go outside because that's when this can be detected. Shame on HD.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the thing @Blue eyes , these 3 systems from Lordhair were supposed to have bleached knots at the hairline….what’s even more frustrating and disappointing is that they have gone silent now that I’m trying to get a refund. Every email I send to support@lordhair.com gets blocked (some DMARC issue) . Telephone doesn’t get answered, WhatsApp no reply.

I’m not going back to Lord hair and would advise people on here that the moment a system you buy that isn’t up to a good standard gets delivered to you, good luck getting a refund. Be warned!

I’m hoping that Lavivd systems are better and if not I’ll try the other suppliers. I just hope I find a good supplier soon.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I heard good mixed with bad about Lordhair. Those systems can easily be bleached even if you take it to a local HR center. This is my first system from Lavavid so it will be interesting. HD has awesome return policies and a great variety of products but their systems are decreasing in quality, even before Covid. It's time to branch out and see what else is out there.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't remember the last time I had a system that didn't need to be bleached, and I've ordered from various well known suppliers all of whom state it would have bleached knots.

My advice is learn how to bleach knots.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Tip guys... anyone having issues with Lord Hair , make sure to leave a review on their Trust pilot page... they will DEF reply to that and 99% of the time contact you to discuss the issue. I had a nightmare with a systems shedding and hair so knotted it was useless after 3 weeks and i put a very honest review on trust pilot and i managed to get a refund. Its so annoying as Lord hair are the ones who have full lace systems in a colour i can use for immediate delivery ... but the quality is hit and miss!

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tip guys... anyone having issues with Lord Hair , make sure to leave a review on their Trust pilot page... they will DEF reply to that and 99% of the time contact you to discuss the issue. I had a nightmare with a systems shedding and hair so knotted it was useless after 3 weeks and i put a very honest review on trust pilot and i managed to get a refund. Its so annoying as Lord hair are the ones who have full lace systems in a colour i can use for immediate delivery ... but the quality is hit and miss!
I wouldn't buy stock full stop...The density is always too much for a start.

Full lace custom hair system and high quality can be got from MG Ford. If you need it fairly quickly he does a rush delivery for £80 extra.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't remember the last time I had a system that didn't need to be bleached, and I've ordered from various well known suppliers all of whom state it would have bleached knots.

My advice is learn how to bleach knots.
Hey @mrdavies , I wish it was as simple as learning how to bleach the knots. My stylist has bleached the knots of many hair systems but this systen the hair just fell out at the hairline and some of them didn’t get bleached. If she can’t do it then there’s no way I can. Seems more like a quality issue with Lordhair systems IMO.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is great! I’ll do this! Thanks @albar05